"I Know What Is Around The Corner - I Just Don't Know Where The Corner Is."

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
19-2.jpg

St. James' Park. One of the country's most recognizable football stadiums. 50-odd thousand fans pack the stands every other week, to watch the once-great Newcastle United.

But, the club is more well-known for it's off-field drama than on it. Troublesome chairmen, more managers than sense, relegation, controversy, and Joey Barton. It has all taken it's toll on this once proud club and it's loyal followers.

But, after the sale of talismanic number 9 Andy Carroll for 36m, the fans are beyond belief. Current chairman Mike Ashley has stated that the entire fee will be pumped into the squad, which remains to be seen.
Around a week ago, manager Alan Pardew walked away, stating that the pair had came to loggerheads over transfer targets and financial structuring. With so much happening at the club, who is going to have the corjones to take over?

With Martin O'Neill, Kevin Keegan, Alan Shearer all linked, who will Mike Ashley choose to take the helm, and lead Newcastle into their return to the Promised Land??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

What I Am Using In-Game
Loaded Leagues:
hzH9S.png

Logos:
FMC'11 by me - HERE

Skin:
Elegans 2, with my own backgrounds - HERE

Faces:
Sortitoutsi.net Cut-Out Megapack - HERE

Editor Stuff:
Nik33's FM11 Data Packs v2.7 - HERE
FM2011 Gambare Nippon!(Japan DB with players & comps) - HERE
Mantralux's General Update - HERE
LFCMarshall's Winter Update - HERE
Custom DB to enhance story

Last edited:
Good start StuW! Check out mine too if you have time - my first story :$

aCZOE.png

Shearer or O'Neill To Land Toon Hotseat
Last updated: 4th July 2011
feed.gif

Martin-ONeill-001.jpg

Sky Sports sources suggest Newcastle United will name either Martin O'Neill or Alan Shearer as their next manager, after former boss Kevin Keegan ruled himself out of the running this morning.

60-year old Keegan, who had two previous spells with the club, said that he has no intention of returning for a third spell at the helm. He said that Mike Ashley is 'impossible' to work with, and he has no interest unless Ashley sells up.

O'Neill, who has reportedly in the North-East, was spotted in discussions with aides to the chairman, but has yet to confirm or deny the rumours. Martin has stated recently that he would be interested in a return to football, but only 'with the right club'.

3865.jpg

Newcastle legend Alan Shearer has publicly stated his deep desire to one day manage his beloved club, and would be a popular choice amongst the fans should he be given the reins. Several sources have suggested that Ashley has spoken to Shearer to replace Pardew, although the reports have yet to be denied.

Last edited:
looks gd mate wud pik o'neil personally cause look wat he did at villa

aCZOE.png

Newcastle Sold To Swiss-Italian Tycoon
Last updated: 16th July 2011
feed.gif

ErnestoBertarelli_1401813c.jpg

Newcastle United have today confirmed that chairman Mike Ashley has sold the club to Swiss-Italian billionaire Ernesto Bertarelli, in a deal worth over 120m.

The 45-year old, who has owned and chaired several huge companies including pharmaceutical giants Merck Serono, has stated how he admires English football in recent press releases. He has cleared all debt owed by the club, and invested in a long-term plan to expand the stadium, as well as the Training Facilities and Youth Academy.

ivo_rovirakirstyyo8d7236_photo.jpg

In a very secretive sale, which was not announced until it was announced by the London Stock Exchange this morning, is believed to have been pressured by the board for Mike Ashley to sell his controlling stake in the club. Bertarelli is believed to want an active place on the board along with his wife, former Miss UK Kirsty Bertarelli.

Did that happen in game? Or did you make it happen on editor?

Did that happen in game? Or did you make it happen on editor?

Editor, The guy is IRL one of the world's richest men.

*Added what I am using(DB/Skin etc) in OP**

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

aCZOE.png

O'Neill and Shearer Take Toon Reins
Last updated: 19th July 2011
feed.gif

martin-oneill_1359440c.jpg

Newcastle United have announced that Martin O'Neill is the clubs new manager, with Alan Shearer as his assistant, and heir apparent.

The announcement was expected to be O'Neill, but with the appointment of Shearer, it is expected that O'Neill will mentor Shearer into a position where he can hopefully take over the club in the future.

alan-shearer-pic-action-images-683482613.jpg

With new owner Bertarelli expected to make his first public appearance since taking over, many are speculating how much cash will be thrown into the coffers for the transfer market. The common belief is that the club will want to build a squad rather than buy one, to stick with O'Neill's usual philosophy.

Good update mate, will you be doing another tonight? (A)

Editor, The guy is IRL one of the world's richest men.

Ranked 64 in an annual ranking of the world's wealthiest people compiled and published by Forbes magazine, his personal wealth was estimated at US$10.0 billion in 2010.

aCZOE.png

Newcastle Move For 'Incredible' Hulk
Last updated: 27th July 2011
feed.gif

fcporto-hulk.jpg

Newcastle United are currently in discussions with Porto's Brazil striker Hulk over a move to St. James' Park.

The player, real name Givanildo Vieira de Souza, has a goal record of one every other game in Portugal, and O'Neill has seen him as the club's main target. He is capped 3 times by Brazil, and has expressed a desire to move to a higher level.

hulk_1001258c.jpg

Hulk played in Japan for three seasons, before that, turned out for Brazilian outfit Vitoria. His name is derived from his resemblance to actor Lou Ferigno, who played The Incredible Hulk in the TV series.

A fee of around 16m is mooted, and the deal will be subject of the player obtaining a Work Permit to play in the UK.