I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

Wow ten teams in a save ! I 've done it to be honest but I like the idea. Surely keeps the save very very interesting !

Certainly been interesting - what I think I have missed out on with managing so many teams, is obviously the chance to build something at one club or European success as that always takes time building up smaller European teams to do it. In hindsight, working through the 10 groups of 3 countries has been a really good way of doing it as I've got to leagues and teams I wouldn't even have considered previously.

1149358d1519678927-i-started-out-nothing-i-still-got-most-left-laziologo.jpg

February 2034

I take a massive gamble and start with 21 year old youth reserve prospect Colombo to lead the line as he is quicker than both Ceccarelli and Panetta and I think can exploit the relatively slow Atalanta defence.
View attachment 64207
Well, half the plan worked perfectly as Colombo sprinted onto a perfect through ball to get his goal, but even by then we were playing catch-up. We were rather fortunate to pull the draw out of that game after a stupid defensive mistake and unfortunate own goal gave them a lead, but we recovered well. Lluna gets a deserved MoM for a goal and assist.

Colombo starts again but other than that, it’s the usually strong team.
View attachment 64206
Nascimento is the stand out performer and his role as an inside forward is paying off as he’s contributing both goals and assists from the position.

View attachment 64205
I think its safe to say we were taught a bit of a lesson there - the less said about that result, the better.

I’m expecting something of a reaction after that AC Milan horror show, although we’re weakened as one of my star players; Lluna is missing through injury and replaced by on-loan Michel. Panetta resumes his place in the lone striker position.
View attachment 64204
Understandably Panetta will pick up the plaudits, but really it’s Amrani and Ceylan in the defensive midfielder roles who get the unsung praise as they’re outstanding in breaking up any potential attack. CB Afonso has a great game as well picking up an assist. A fantastic performance after the AC game.

View attachment 64203 - View attachment 64202

March 2034

This is a big one.
View attachment 64145
The gulf in class is clear as Juventus’s greater quality paid off, although their ability to pay their players £240k a week goes some way to contributing to this. Winger Michel scores with a neat finish at the far post as he continues to deputise for the injured Lluna.

A reaction is required after that horror show, although Udinese could be a tricky tie.
View attachment 64144
That was depressingly easy for Udinese as despite having lots of possession, we showed no cutting edge.
There are only 3 games of the month due to the International break and an improvement is needed.

View attachment 64143
It’s a bit of a risk starting with Colombo, but it pays off as he opens the scoring with a very un-poacher like goal as he drills one in from outside the box. Panetta, on as a substitute wraps the game up as Chievo starting pressuring and looking like they were going to get back into the game.

View attachment 64142 - View attachment 64141

April 2034

We’re still without a goalscorer in double figures, but my most natural finisher Colombo leads the line again. Winger Lluna and CB Lundqvist both return from injury.
View attachment 64020
Colombo makes little impression with Lluna being the stand out performer as he provides the assist as well as two goals, but we don’t really start to play until fairly drastic tactical changes are made after Sampdoria’s equaliser. Hadziresic, on for Nascimento, seals the victory as he scores his first for the club in the dying minutes.

View attachment 64019- good, if not remarkable, is probably a fair assessment. We’re comfortably out of the relegation zone which was a real risk at the beginning of my appointment but, barring miracles, we’re almost certainly out of contention of a European spot as Napoli sit 12 points in front with just 6 games remaining.

Hadziresic makes his first start for the club with El Amrani and Messan suspended casualties of the aggressive ball winning mentality we have been employing.
View attachment 64018
Panetta misses two absolute sitters in the first 2 minutes which would have made this result more comfortable than it actually proved to be.

We’re in good form and travel to Bologna off the back of 3 straight wins. Colombo leads the line again and Hadzeresic starts again.
View attachment 64017
Colombo may not be the most gifted of the forwards I have in the squad, but he is the one who plays the poacher role most effectively and his 2 goals here evidence this again. Hadzeresic gets an outstanding mazy dribbled assist as part of another fine performance from the Serbian 21 year old.

Colombo is the man in form and he starts again. Otherwise, it’s a fairly routine starting 11.
View attachment 64016

We were playing pretty well after taking an early lead until the red card, at which point Roma just took over and pressured to the extent we couldn’t hold on and Pinto conceded a daft penalty which just handed them the win.

View attachment 64015
That was a proper backs to the wall performance but once Nascimento scored his goal from a horrendous keepers mistake, it was a case of what we have, we hold which we did as we went increasingly defensive as the game drew on. Pinto’s red card but the result under threat, but we held on to record an unexpected three points.

View attachment 64014 - View attachment 64013

Wow man! I just read all of the topic, you're going to put Lazio at Europa League (UEFA cup)!! Good. Can't wait for the next episodes.

May 2034

View attachment 63181- something of a byproduct of the way we play, so can’t really blame the team for this and the whole point of having a squad is that we can cover things like suspensions although going down to 10 men has cost me points in certain games.

The Italian cup pitches Inter Milan, in second, against Juventus, in first. Nothing to do with me, but it means that qualification for the European Cup stretches to 7th position in Serie A and in one of those quirks of the fixture list, we sit one point behind 7th placed Pescara… Bellusci is moved from the advanced playmaker AMC position to roaming playmaker MC in an attempt to help with the back to front transition.
View attachment 63180
It’s a perfect defensive display as we take the one really good chance we have and restrict Pescara to not very much. Again, Messan is the standout player in the WBR position - solid in defence, a threat going forward and linked well with Nascimento.

View attachment 63179
We were absolutely terrible and probably saved our worst performance of the season for the final game…although its still better than Pescara who led AC Milan until the 79th minute and then conceded twice to end up drawing the game meaning we just hold on to 7th place.

We were oh so lucky, lucky, lucky to scrape that European Cup place as AC Milan do us a huge favour against Pescara but, humbly, I think we deserve it having been rooted to the bottom of the league when I took over in November.

View attachment 63178

View attachment 63175 View attachment 63174

The player awards aren’t really a surprise - Lluna was our main threat, contributing a number of assists and goals and generally being something of a menace on the left hand side. Nascimento supported well on the other side and some promising performances from Hadzeresic towards the end of the season means we have good depth. I assume it’s a mistake, not a reflection on our strikers, but Lundqvist is a centre-back so I’m not sure how he ended up there. Otherwise it’s pretty much as the starting 11 would have been.

View attachment 63173

CB Afonso has been a steady rock at the back and, usually, ably supported by Lundqvist. Panetta leads the goalscoring, but Colombo really came into his own in the latter stages and may end up being first choice next season. Most of the assists came from Lluna or Nascimento in the AML and AMR positions. Neither Gallasso or Bellusci offered as much as I would have hoped in either the MC or AMC role and if the right offer came in, could leave. Michel was on loan and we could pick him up on a free as his contract expires, but we have players in the reserves who were out on loan last season who can play back-up to Lluna.

Another player in the reserves, Marra, has been on loan at Sassuolo and has won the U19 best midfielder award so will also be stepping into the first team next season and possibly into the roaming playmaker role I experimented with towards the end of last season

View attachment 63172 View attachment 63171

Last edited:
Wow man! I just read all of the topic, you're going to put Lazio at Europa League (UEFA cup)!! Good. Can't wait for the next episodes.

We were very lucky...but yes, got there in the end. It is said it's better to be a lucky manager than a good one!!

June - August 2034

Let’s see what happened around the rest of Europe:

Champions League:
View attachment 62617

UEFA Cup:
View attachment 62616

England:

Premier League:

View attachment 62615

FA Cup:
View attachment 62614

League Cup:
View attachment 62613

Germany

Bundesliga:
View attachment 62612

German Cup:
View attachment 62611

Spain

La Liga:
View attachment 62610

Spanish Cup:
View attachment 62609

=X=X=X=

There are 20 players in the reserves whose contracts expire, none of whom are needed. As a result, any transfer business will be limited to improvements on current options or youth prospects - a good keeper or left back would be welcomed.

There’s not much in the budget, or much quality available on free transfers so this could be quiet, but we already have a good youth squad, so the following youth players are promoted to the first team:

Central midfielder Marra:

View attachment 62608 / View attachment 62607

Left winger Vitali:

View attachment 62606 / View attachment 62605

Striker De Vito:

View attachment 62604 / View attachment 62603

Attacking midfielder Nardi and goalkeeper Viana are signed. The 19 year old Nardi looks like a very good prospect and transfer listed Viana was too good an option to pass up and replaces Bruni, who is transfer listed, as the reserve keeper.

View attachment 62602 View attachment 62601

In among the friendlies, there is the small matter of the first leg of the 3rd qualifying round and we travel to the Czech Republic. New signing Nardi starts in the AMC role and Colombo as the striker, but this place is very much up for grabs.
View attachment 62600
A relatively comfortable win which gives us a very good chance of progression. Lluna & Hadziresic caused the problems and ran the show but it was Colombo with a goal and assist who I was most impressed with - it looks like he’s well capable of building on his solid stats last season.

20 year old wonderkid Esteban Largeron is signed for a rather expensive fee of £10m but he immediately becomes first choice left back and looks like a very good addition

View attachment 62599

A completely changed starting 11 for the second home leg against Slavia Prague, including starts for new signings Largeron and Viana, and debutants Vitali and De Vito who have both been promoted from the reserves.
View attachment 62598
Not an ideal result, but progress is the important thing and that’s what we achieved. Debutants Vitali and De Vito combine very nicely for the second but all those making their first appearances for the club held up well.

The European Cup playoff pits us against Polish side Lech Posnan, being at home in the first leg and it’s a strong starting 11 with Panetta leading the line supported by Lluna and Nascimento.
View attachment 62597
Nascimento did all the hard work in the first half to give us a good base for the second leg. Marra has a good debut.

View attachment 62596
Progression to the group stages is confirmed, as after a slightly underwhelming start, we take advantage of Lech’s narrow formation.

View attachment 62595- we’ve gone for quality over quantity in terms of the players in and Nardi, Largeron and Viana will all be in and around the first team this season. A ridiculous 25 players leave the club which frees up a significant amount of the wage budget.

September 2034

The first business of the month is the draw for the group stages of the UEFA cup. As third seeds, it’s not going to be an easy group regardless…

View attachment 62200

and as fate would have it, it looks as though I’ll end up returning to ex-employers Anderlecht. Marseille are tough opposition, but Zorya could end up being the whipping boys of the group.

Far from the easiest game to open the season with, but it’s a chance to lay down a marker.
View attachment 62199
Not sure why, but Amrani takes over set-piece duty to give us the lead. Largeron finishes a fine flowing move with a good header and Colombo gets his third in three games to move to the front of the queue in terms of strikers. Largeron gets the MoM.

Cason comes in for Lundqvist, who fails a late fitness test, but otherwise it’s the same starting 11.
View attachment 62198
Nascimento gets the MoM award courtesy of a goal and assist in a game we dominate. A very impressive performance and Colombo keeps up his good goalscoring record.

Some fringe players start in the European Cup opener.
View attachment 62197
We should have finished this game off well before Colombo came on as a substitute to complete the victory. Another win, another 3 goals and a victory that takes us top of the group as Marseille can only manage a one goal win against Anderlecht. Hadziresic gets the MoM award courtesy of his 2 assists.

View attachment 62196
We were slightly lucky to come away with a draw and its telling that GK Russo gets the man of the match award after making a string of very good saves to keep us in the game. A very good assist from Galasso gives Colombo an easy chance to put away. Frustratingly WBR Messan tears knee ligaments and misses 2 months.

WBR Sithole has to come in for the injured Messan and it’s a strong team through the line-up. Nardi starts in the AMC role, but he’s not been quite the creative force I was hoping he would be with Galasso the better performer. AMR Nascimento has been performing well with 3 goals and 3 assists in his 5 games.
View attachment 62195
The game management wasn’t quite there as we rode our luck slightly after taking the lead. Colombo scores in his seventh consecutive game.

View attachment 62194
Nardi has by far his best game in a Lazio shirt so far as he scores one and creates another in a fairly even game which we just about edged, only conceding from the penalty spot. That win caps off an outstanding month with 4 wins from 5 games and gives some early season momentum.

Really impressed to see a strong Lazio showing in the stats for the league. Colombo already looks like he's going to end up being first choice striker for the season. Given he's been playing loan football for the last 3 seasons, Marra has settled into the first team well and his ratings prove that.

View attachment 62193

View attachment 62192 - View attachment 62191

October 2034

It’s a tough second game of the group stage as Marseille come to town and it’s understandably a strong team.
View attachment 62113
Its a pretty low quality affair as we struggle to find any fluency or control in the game and Lundqvist’s header is our only effort on target. Something of a fortunate result for us.

View attachment 62112
God knows what the score might have been there if we’d have been a bit more clinical.

We could do with a bit of a reaction after the Entella game, particularly since Verona sit at the wrong end of the table without a win in 6 games.
View attachment 62111
We were knocking on the door for most of the game, but it took over an hour to make the breakthrough with substitutes Lluna and De Vito creating the goals. I was just about to substitute Colombo when he scored as he had missed a number of good opportunities.

A slightly more defensive stance is adopted as we travel to my previous employers. Galasso, as the more creative AMC, replaces Nardi and Lluna is restored to the starting line-up.
View attachment 62110
It was a disappointing first half and, despite making changes to attempt to improve things at half time, it was an even worse second half as we created very little. Anderlecht youth product Mayela, who I had high hopes for when I was there, scores the only goal of the game.

A few fringe players come in as we go to Spezia who sit in 19th place so, even with the changes, we should be strong enough to win.
View attachment 62109
Well, it wasn’t quite the result I was expecting and two missed penalties added to the drama. Thankfully, Colombo stepped up to the mark again after taking over penalty duties from Nascimento. A big injury blow is Lluna who misses 4 months with a damaged achilles. 20 year old Vitali, on loan at Serie B side Salernitana last season, will have to step up.

I'm pleased to see Largeron partly justify his transfer fee with some fine performances.
View attachment 62108

We’ve done exceptionally well to keep up with AC Milan so far, but it is noticeable we haven’t played them, or any of the other big boys just yet.

View attachment 62107 - View attachment 62106

Last edited:

November 2034

Cesena are already struggling after their remarkable post-promotion season and second place finish last year.
View attachment 61968
The domination of possession translated into goals, although all the action happens in the first 8 minutes after which there’s plenty of effort but little quality and even less reward.

A significant test and probably the toughest opposition we’ve faced so far this season as we face the team sitting at the top of league. Neither team has lost yet, so there’s a serious risk of one of those records going.
View attachment 61967
Hmnn…we remain unbeaten, but I have no idea how. We got battered and GK Russo was outstanding in ensuring we kept a clean sheet. De Vito could have won it at the death as he ran sprinted clear for a one-on-one but passed it tamely back to Donnarumma in the AC goal.

View attachment 61966
It’s an unlikely goalscorer who gives us the win as Saito scores more in this game than he has in the last 11 seasons. We controlled possession and had the better chances in the game so on balance, the win is probably deserved.

De Vito, Hadsiresic and Cappiello all start for Colombo, Nascimento and Ceylan who could all do with a rest.
View attachment 61965
The defence gets the plaudits as Saito turns into a positively prolific goalscorer.

View attachment 61964
Everything we’ve been doing well in the previous few games, we somehow fail to do here and deservedly succomb to a better Genoa team.

I take a calculated gamble and start with ST De Vito and GK Viana instead of Colombo and Russo respectively.
View attachment 61963
We should have won this far more comfortably as we utterly dominate and control the game with a shorter passing approach. One of the more one-sided 1-0 results I’ve had and it’s great to see academy product Vitali get his first for the club. That win secures progression to the knockout stages.

View attachment 61962

View attachment 61961 - View attachment 61960

Last edited:

December 2034

Juve haven’t been playing particularly well and sit in sixth position, but even so it’s hardly going to be anything like an easy game.
View attachment 61803
Although we held our own for most of the game, we let ourselves down with a couple of mistakes which they took full advantage of. Another game where Colombo fails to find the net and he’s struggling after his very good early season run of goals.

De Vito is injured, and with Colombo not in the best form, Panetta leads the line. Pescara sack their manager just 2 days before the game.
View attachment 61802
One of the more comfortable results we’ve had this season as Panetta repays my faith and scores two clinical goals.

We’ve already progressed to the knockout stages so this game is something of a free hit and a number of the lesser used players make an appearance, although it’s still Panetta who retains the sole striker role.

View attachment 61801
A disappointing result with LB Pinto particularly poor as all three goals come from the left-back position.

The draw for the first knockout round of the European Cup is made and 32 teams go into it.

View attachment 61800

The draw hasn’t been friendly as, although Chelsea haven’t been particularly successful recently and have been lingering around the 5th/6th position in the league over the last few seasons, they are still a massive club with huge resources and the team is filled with quality internationals.

View attachment 61799
We score after just 12 seconds and concede an equalizer on 48 seconds. Vitali’s stock continues to rise as he gets an assist, but we can’t hold on to the performance and end up with a disappointing point, instead of three.

View attachment 61798 - well, a move to Southampton is very tempting but I’m quite happy where I am, so thanks but no thanks Saints. A move to the Premiership is on the cards but maybe a few years off yet.

January 2035

January should be all about the transfer window but with no budget, there is very unlikely to be any players coming in. If we can lose some unwanted players from the reserves, that would be beneficial but we’ll see what happens…and those with contracts expiring in the summer are always worth picking up early if possible.

Roma are struggling at the wrong end of the table, but still have a pretty strong team.
View attachment 61717
Going by the stats, Roma should have absolutely spanked us but despite having the overwhelming majority of shots and efforts on target, none of them particularly threatened our goal. Colombo ends his goal drought giving him his most prolific season so far.

View attachment 61716
Lots of possession, lots of shots, not that many on target and no goals in a wholly frustrating game where we just couldn’t make the breakthrough.

View attachment 61715
That was disappointing.

A couple of changes are made after the Palermo game to, hopefully, make a difference against Inter. Even on its own this is a tough game, but after a poor run, it’s even more so.
View attachment 61714
Having taken the lead, it was particularly disappointing to lose it again so soon after. We held our own until 10 minutes from time when some tactical and personnel changes were made to chase the game, but that just left spaces which Inter were quick to exploit.

ST Panetta is pursued by a number of teams and after a bit of negotiation leaves for a fee of £11m which is a very good bit of business.

View attachment 61713- promising centre-back Sabino Roselli is signed from Serie B side Bari. He’s only 20, but he’s got the potential to be a very good player for the team in the future. He replaces Cason in the first team. Another CB, Longo, is signed on a free from Juventus and helps to partly address the weaknesses in terms of decision making and work-rate.

The first round of the cup brings Serie B side Pisa to the Olimpico.. Roselli makes his debut and a number of other lesser used players come in as well, including De Vito up top.
View attachment 61712
And that plan spectacularly backfires as we create absolutely nothing of note during the note and end up being taken all the way to penalties which we throw away. That was a bit of a ****-up.

A number of injuries, including both of my first choice centre-backs so new signing Roselli has to start again. Colombo comes back into the starting line-up.
View attachment 61711
Vitali does what all good wingers do and gets into the box when the ball is on the opposite side to get his goal. Nascimento is clinical with his chances. We needed that reaction after the horror show in the cup.

Colombo’s goals have all but dried up, although with the exception of the final game of the month, that was a pretty dire month results-wise so it’s not that much of a shock. Largeron continues to impress and that £10m is starting to look like a very good investment. Ceylan has been a bit of a metronome in the middle of the park, just keeping the possession ticking over and helping to control the games.

February 2035

A bit worried we’re getting somewhat predictable, a change is made as the AMC is replaced with a DLF striker. Both DMs are given support duties and the winger/IF roles are retained in the wider positions.
View attachment 61671
Although the gamble doesn’t pay off as we get comfortably outplayed and it’s something of a surprise we managed to even get two goals out of that performance.

We change back to usual 4-2-3-1 but, having conceded too many goals recently, move to what I hope is a more conservative approach to tighten up the defence.
View attachment 61670
A much improved performance, but still 2 goals conceded which is disappointing, although we did well to fight back from going behind twice. Hopefully Colombo’s goal can encourage him to kick on with a few more.

View attachment 61669
Not the most convincing scoreline, but a good defensive performance. Galasso, who was only on the pitch for 2 minutes before his goal, plays the role of supersub.

This could be a long evening, but given we’re at home and want to make a half decent stab at progressing I don’t go all out defensive, but do pull the AMR/AML wingers back to standard MR/ML positions and a 4-4-1-1 formation to assist with defending the wider Chelsea attackers.
View attachment 61668
As it happens, that was a reasonably matched game with the difference being the ability of their strikers being able to put their chances away. Their second was a fortunate goal from a deflected clearance which landed at his feet 3 yards out and in front of an open net…grrrrr

Vitali has been playing well in the AML role, but Lluna is on his way back to fitness and is given his first start for sometime. De Vito is also picked over Colombo up top and Galasso ahead of Nardi in the AMC position.
View attachment 61667
Vitali rather proves my point as he and Afonso get the goals that seal a good victory and helps to increase the margin to 8 points between us in 5th position and Fiorentina in 6th.

Nascimento’s done well to catch Colombo up in the goalscoring stakes which in turn pushes him up the average rating list as well, although Colombo has slowed his scoring rate considerably. Vitali’s presence in the team ahead of the injured Lluna has proved fruitful in terms of assists and Amrani’s good performances have been recognised as well.

March 2035

It’s about as strong a team as I can put out to attempt to overturn the deficit without losing the game before it’s even begun.
View attachment 61354
In truth, we lost this in the first leg, conceding two at home. Gurzakovic just loves playing against us. A pretty valiant effort, so can’t criticise the lads for the effort and with a kinder draw we might have gone further.

Back to league duty, and hopefully a game against one of the weaker teams in the division can provide a boost after the cup exit.
View attachment 61353
A Nardi assist, a Colombo goal and very, very nearly a clean sheet made that a pretty satisfying victory. We had the chances to make it even more comfortable but they continued to fall to the wrong people.

In fair Verona where we lay our scene…
View attachment 61352
I suppose, given Russo saved a penalty at the death, that was a well earned point but we had so many good chances to put the game to bed before that, I can’t help but be annoyed that we didn’t get more points than that. That point means that the top 5 teams are seperated by just 4 points.

Viana is given a rare start in goal and, for today, Hadziresic is preferred to Nascimento in the AMR position.
View attachment 61351
It did look as though it was going to be another entirely frustrating game before Hadzeresic scores late on in the game to add to his very early strike.

Galasso gets a rare start as Nardi fails a late fitness test. Vitali starts again in the hope he can continue his excellent recent form that is keeping Lluna out of the team. Viana gets another run out in goal.
View attachment 61350
Cesena never even looked like scoring, but neither did we until Galasso, who had already missed a number of good chances, put one away from a fine Largeron cross.

View attachment 61349

The top of the table is looking really tight as just 4 points separate the top 4. The board expectation was to qualify for the European Cup and we seem comfortable in that respect, but the additional finances from playing in the Champions League would be a massive boost. We still have all of the top 3 to play yet though.

Last edited:

April 2035

We’re getting to the business end of the season and we’re in relatively good shape, so let’s see how things progress from here.

We still have to play all three teams above us in the league and we don’t have a great record against the bigger teams, but we’ll set up not to lose and take it from there. Vitali’s and Hadziresic’s good recent form means they both start.
View attachment 61039

That was a pretty good effort and we were unlucky not to take all 3 points as both Colombo and Marra hit the woodwork.

That hard earned point doesn’t mean anything if we can’t capitalise on it by making the most of games like this. We’re away, but we should be good enough to win it. A lot of changes are needed as both Nardi and Colombo are going through poor spells so are replaced by Galasso and De Vito. Benedini is suspended and Messan injured, so replaced by El Amrani and Sithole respectively. I’m hoping Afonso and Lundqvist at centreback, with a combined age of 69 can see this through.
View attachment 61038
The defence did their bit and Colombo, on as a substitute, finally makes the breakthrough after some tactical tweaks were made to try and improve the attacking threat. De Vito is dreadful again and is rapidly looking like he is not good, or clinical enough, to be playing at this level.

Lluna and Nascimento start for Vitali and Hadzeresic. Roselli comes into the back line as well to considerably reduce the average age of the centre-backs.
View attachment 61037
An utterly dominant win as Lluna justifies the decision to start him with a goal and two assists.

The month ends as it begins, with another very tough game against a team in the top two.
View attachment 61036
It’s fair to say we got taught a bit of a lesson, although I probably didn’t help things there by setting the team out to try and compete. In hindsight, we should have just set out a defensive stall and gone for the draw.

Nascimento isn’t far behind Colombo, but they’re both a long way behind the leaders. There’s a sprinkling of goals behind these two, but nothing really to shout about. AML Vitali, AMR Nascimento and WBR Messan just go to show that the assists seem to be coming from the wide positions.

The table makes for good reading at the moment, although with 6 games left there’s still a lot of potential movement. Amongst Juve and the Milans, I do feel as though we’re the imposters of the group as we seem to have got here by just beating the smaller teams - we’ve found ourselves a bit lacking against the teams around us.

May 2035

The only change is the slightly more prolific Galasso coming in for Nardi.
View attachment 60978
So, it wasn’t the finest performance we’ve ever had, but we defended well and Vitali put the ball on a plate for Nascimento to give us the win. Nascimento’s having the finest goalscoring season of his career at the age of 32.

A number of changes are needed as this game comes just 3 days after the Pescara game and a number of players are struggling with fitness. Before the game I’m informed that Atalanta have conceded the majority of their goals from crosses….which is handy to know.
View attachment 60977
All 3 goals come from wide assists, with Nascimento getting two of them. For once, our finishing was clinical.

An unchanged starting 11
View attachment 60976
I don’t know what happened there, but that was an entirely frustrating game plagued by poor decision making throughout the team and the failure to pick up a win was made even worse as we played for an hour with a man extra.

Messan, Hadzeresic and Ceylan come in for a big away game which, on paper, should be a comfortable win.
View attachment 60975
I should know better than that by now as we just didn’t turn up with three really slack goals conceded. This combined with a failure to provide any even half decent chances, made that a pretty miserable result.

Roselli is dropped, Nascimento comes in and I’m hoping for a significant improvement.
View attachment 60974
Having scored so early, I was hoping that would be the base for a few more and a solid attacking performance but not to be although I can’t sniff at a very valuable three points at this stage of the season which guarantees Champions League football next season.

View attachment 60973 - normally this would probably be an outstanding offer, but I’m turning it down…

The final game of an already very good season. We’re guaranteed fourth, but a victory against Inter would mean leapfrogging them into third.
View attachment 60972
It’s fair to see I didn’t exactly see that coming, but we were outstanding and humbled Inter in their own back yard with a result that pushes us up into third. Two Vitali assists increases his stock even further.

View attachment 60971

Viana’s average rating has to be seen in the light that he’s the reserve keeper and has been the backup choice although performed well when needed. Largeron however, has been outstanding in the games he has played. At the other end, De Vito has been really poor and clearly doesn’t seem to suit the style we play. Colombo leads the goalscoring charts, but given he’s a poacher doesn’t contribute much elsewhere so his relatively low rating is understandable. Otherwise, I’m very happy with the youngsters in the team as Vitali, Marra, Nardi and Roselli to a lesser extent have had good seasons.

View attachment 60968 / View attachment 60967- I’m particularly pleased with this as the Serie A U19 player of the month has been shared between Nardi and Vitali in 8 of the 9 months. With Vitali this year, and Marra last year it does show that there is serious promise in the youth ranks and they're capable of making the step up into the first team.

Last edited:

June - August 2035

View attachment 60730 - View attachment 60729

We overperformed, finishing in a very good third position. The team of the year is pretty much as expected and all three of the fans player of the seasons are aged 21 or under - the future is bright.

However, there’s no rest for the wicked as work goes on in the background to improve the squad.

View attachment 60728 - Juventus CB Longo has already been signed on a free transfer and will gradually take over from the 35 year old Afonso.

View attachment 60727 - View attachment 6071619 year old Appiah has been on loan for a couple of seasons and has scored goals so is deserving of a chance in the first team squad…he can’t do any worse than De Vito this season.

7 players from the reserves all leave and the squad is reduced further which is exactly what I’m trying to do. De Vito is sold for a fee £2m which is a bargain for Verona - he has the skills and will score goals but just didn’t seem to fit into what I was trying to do. Reserve midfielder Roghi and centre-back Cason leave for fees.

Unsurprisingly Juventus are tipped to retain Serie A - we are, again, predicted a 7th placed finish.

View attachment 60726 - I raid Anderlecht for a right back who is more proficient going forward than Sithole, and pick up Paulinho for a fee of £8m which seems a lot, but we’ll see how he performs.

View attachment 60725 - The transfer window shuts and frustratingly some genuinely world class players were available, either transfer listed or on a free contract, but their wages were beyond what I could afford so the only players in are those that have replaced, or improved on, players going out.

Last edited:

September 2035

View attachment 60358 - the first appearance in the Champions League for Lazio in 20 years pits us in a very tough group. Dortmund have consecutive Bundesliga title wins under their belts and Athletic Madrid have finished third in three of the last four La Liga seasons. To cap it off, Spartak are the current Russian champions as well.

Colombo was prolific in pre-season with 6 goals in 7 games so I’m hoping he can continue that. New signings Longo and Paulinho start.
View attachment 60357
It got a bit ropey towards the end but a goal and assist each from Colombo and Lluna gave us the win in the end. Honorouble mention to Benedini who, on as a substitute, gave away the penalty seconds after coming onto the pitch.

Well, we have to play all the teams twice so perhaps it’s good to be playing them this early in the season. Paulinho & Nardi are replaced by Messan and Galasso
View attachment 60356
£34m pound striker Svoboda and £24m midfielder Poisson score the goals that consign us to another Juventus defeat.

View attachment 60355
An excellent performance capped off with Appiah’s first senior goal and that was after we moved to shut the game down after our third goal. Having been dragged back from 2-0 up I was a bit concerned we were going to throw that away, but the boys determination came through.

The Lazio fans have been waiting a long, long time for Champions League football so let’s hope not to disappoint them…although it’s a tough, long distance opener. Viana in goal and Roselli at centre-back make their first appearances this season.
View attachment 60354
The media tell me that football was the winner after that. Who needs a 1-0 anyway? Ceylan was the MoM with three assists from central midfield.

Lluna is just recovering from an injury so is replaced by Vitali for his first start. Benedini also makes his first start as El Amrani also struggles for fitness.
View attachment 60353
We really weren’t terribly good and some slack defending cost us as we had to rely on Udinese to give us the goal

View attachment 60351
Colombo keeps up his fine goalscoring start to the season and it’s an unlikely source with DLP Marra tapping in a second after good work from Galasso.

AC lead the league with 5 straight wins and no goals conceded…a tough game in store would be an understatement.
View attachment 60350
And we don’t look like even getting close to changing that record as Milan comfortably outclass us…although Nascimento and Saito do make it a little easier for them.

View attachment 60349

A bit of a disappointing month, but considering we faced both Juventus and AC Milan, it's perhaps not a huge surprise. The goal difference of 0 - 10 goals scored, 10 conceded - is a bit frustrating as well, as we normally defend better than we have done so far.

View attachment 60348 - View attachment 60347