Icemen - A Dennis Bergkamp Story

• Thread starter Thread starter gandrasch
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 106
  • Views Views 19K

gandrasch

Reaction score
View attachment 214331
____________________________________________________________________________________

Dennis Nicolaas Maria Bergkamp was born on 10th of May 1969 in Amsterdam.

View attachment 214322

Youth Teams: Ajax Amsterdam (1981-1986)
Senior Teams: Ajax Amsterdam (1986-1993)
Debut with 17 years
103 goals in 185 games
Titles: 1x League Title, 2x National Cup , 1x UEFA Cup, 1x UEFA Super Cup
F.C. Internazionale Milano (1993-1995)
11 goals in 52 games
Titles: 1x UEFA Cup
Arsenal Football Club (1995-2006)
120 goals and 124 assists in 423 games
Titles: 3x League Title, 4x National Cup, 3x National Super Cub
National Team: Netherlands
37 goals in 79 machtes
4th place all time top scorer for country
Trainer Career: Ajax Amsterdam Youth Team (2008-2011)
Ajax Amsterdam Assistant Coach (2011-201?)
Titles: 3x League Titles, 1x National Cup

Personal Titles:
Voted as one of "FIFA 100 Players of All Time"
"Worlds Top Scorer of the Year" (1992)
2 times "Dutch Footballer of the Year" (1991,1992)
UEFA Cup top scorer (1993/94)
2nd Place "Greatest Arsenal Players of All Time"
and many more...

xy5o8eku.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: This is my first ever FM story. I raise no claim to completeness of the real data nor correctness of grammar, spelling etc. pp. due to english isn't my mother language. I still hope you will enjoy this story.

Last edited:
more news

View attachment 213202
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

View attachment 213179
View attachment 213178

After some rumors appear Dennis Bergkamp
could be handled as successor of David Moyes at Real Sociedad, he responded to a local dutch TV channel: "
I can't comment on the rumors, but it's true that I had some interesting talks about possible destinations. Maybe everything could go way faster than expected from my site."

View attachment 213177

View attachment 213175

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Last edited:
Signing

View attachment 213168

View attachment 213167

Press conference

"I'm very happy to have signed for such a great and historic club. After I got the call from Mr. Aperribay I couldn't though on anything else."

"I'm pleased with the squad. There is so much quality I can work with. I don't think last season really showed the true potential which I belive is in this squad. And the management added even more quality this transfer window. Maybe we can still add something to the defence, but otherwise I'm very happy."

"Football is a universal language, so I don't think theres this big of a problem that I can't speak spanish yet.Also I will start taking lessons next week."

"I met the squad once and I think were going to be a great team with a good clima here."

"I really have to thank Mr. Aperribay for this opportunity to start my own managing career at such a great club."

Last edited:
La Liga it is!

View attachment 213190

The Club

View attachment 213166

Real Sociedad de Fútbol

Nicknames: Txuriurdin (White and Blue)
Erreala / La Real (The Royals)

City: San Sebastian
Founded: 7 September 1909
Ground: Anoeta

View attachment 213165

Titles:
La Liga: 1980-81, 1981-82

Copa del Rey: 1909, 1986-87

Supercopa de Espana: 1982

The Team

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 213139

Defenders:
View attachment 213138

Midfielders:
View attachment 213137

Forwards:
View attachment 213136

Wow I really have to get everything in order. But firstly I will continue the story and then do the looks.

Last edited:
at last...

View attachment 213106
email to: D.Bergkamp[at]realsociedad.com

Subject: Key players

Dear Mr. Bergkamp,

as required I sent to you the technical data from the team's key players. I also added our two most promising prospects Bruma and Zubeldia.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact me in person or via phone at any given time.

Best Regards,
J. Lumbreras

attachements:

Rulli.pdf
View attachment 213101

Martinez\.pdf
no-preview

Illarramendi.pdf
View attachment 213099

Canales.pdf
View attachment 213098

Vela;.pdf
no-preview

Bruma.pdf
View attachment 213097

Zubeldia.pdf
View attachment 213096

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

email to: J.Lumbreras[at]realsociedad.com

Subject: Re: Key players

Dear Mr. Lumbreras,

first of all please refer to me as Dennis.

I think two of the pdfs aren't working (Vela and Martinez). Could you please check that?

Rulli and Bruma really look promising. Our top priority should be to get them signed permanetly. I will speak to the management later on.

Also please move Igor to the main squad. I will try to include him as often as possible and think he can help us sooner than later. And let the players know, that there will be a test match senior vs u19 tomorrow, so it won't be normal training.

Regards,
Dennis

Last edited:
tactics

View attachment 213093

email to: T.Henry[at]web.com

Subject: Tactics
and stuff

Dear Titi,

I know it's kinda late, but I just can't sleep because I think about my tactics all the time. Tomorrow will be a first test against the u19.

I will let them play like this tomorrow, but will try to come up with another more active tactic.

View attachment 213085

I really like the squad. It has enough depth, especially offensive wise. Vela really looks like class, I don't get how Arsene could let him go. He could tear the PL apart.
In the defense I'm not so sure. I think there's room for improvement, but the money is tight here after spending a large amount on Jonathas and Illarramendi.
Hopefully Jonathas can prove that his last season wasn't only a one trick pony.

The invite to join me as a assistant coach, it still stands. I know your busy with with your pundit job and your badges, but you and Robert could really help me here.

Anyway I hope to see you around here anytime soon, as guest or as candidate.

Best regards,

Dennis

Last edited:
more emails

View attachment 208314
______________________________________________________________________________________

email to: D.Bergkamp[at]realsociedad.com

Dear Dennis,

sorry for the missing pdf's. I've reattached them to this email.

Regards,
Jose

attachements:

Martinez.pdf
View attachment 208311

Vela.pdf
View attachment 208310

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

email to: D.Bergkamp[at]gmail.com

Subject: Re: Tactics
and stuff

Hey Dennis,

sorry for the late anwser. I'm kinda busy with my badges and the pundit job for sky. The squad really looks decent.

I thought about your offer, but I have to refuse due to resposibilitys here in england and my dream to manage Arsenal one day. I'm training the U17 now and I think this is the right path for me.

But a good friend of mine is looking for a job. You probably remember him from our time in the Prem. I will attach you his contact information.

Good luck with your first league game in charge.

Regards,
Titi

attachment:

Makelele.vcard
View attachment 208309

______________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, I was on holiday for a while. But I was able to play a bit and will give you a few updates over the day ^^)
Also I think I will do the posts more straight forward now.

Last edited:
Transfers

View attachment 988930
________________________________________________________________________________
View attachment 208266
Sky Sports brings you the transfer roundup for Real Sociedad San Sebastian after the transfer window shut last night.

Transfers before Bergkamp joined:

In's:

Illarramend
from Real Madrid for € 15M
Jonathas
fromFC Elche for € 7.2M

David Concha
from Racing Sant ander for € 1M
Bruma
on loan from Galatasaray
Diego Reyes
on loan from FC Porto
Olazabal
on loan from FC Granada

Out's:

Alfred Finnbogason
on loan to PAE Olympiakos
David Concha
to CD Numancia on loan
Jon Gaztanaga
to CD Numancia on loan
Pablo Hervias
to Real Oviedo on loan

Transfers with Bergkamp in charge:

Players in:

F
ede San Emeterio
View attachment 208229

Cost: € 2.5M

Rating: 3,5/5

Sky Sport says: Even though Real Sociedad have some class midfielders Fede looks like he could be the next big thing in their midfield. With only an age of 18 he already showed some great mental strengths while playing for Racing Sant ander in the Segunda Division. He was loaned back to them as part of the deal, now playing in the spanish 3th division after Racing Sant ander dropped last season.
We are looking forward to see what he can archive in the future.

Stef Gronsveld

View attachment 208228

Cost: € 1.1M

Rating: 2/5

Sky Sport says: On the desperate search of a decent, cheap and young central defender San Sebastian catched a raw diamond, but we do think they overpaid a fair amount there. He got a lot to prove himself and the manager now. Maybe the transfer was a bit to early in his career.

Gonzalo Franco
View attachment 208227

Cost: € 900k

Rating: 2,5/5

Sky Sport says: Like all the other transfers until now, this looks like a investment for the future. With an age of 19 Franco looks like he could be a decent striker for most sides. But if the transfer will pay off will yet to be seen.

Rene Rodrigues Martins
View attachment 208226

Cost: € 2.9M

Rating: 3/5

Sky Sport says: After De la Bella left for Crystal Palace Real Sociedad searched in Brasil for a cheap replacement which is fighting for the first eleven spot with Yuri. The found their player in Rene, who looks very solid on the left back spot.

David
View attachment 208225

Cost: € 400k

Rating: 4/5

Sky Sport says: Another one for later on. And someone who looks too good to pass on. Especially for that amount of money. Together with Fede the best piece of business Real Sociedad did this window. Was also loaned back for a season as part of the deal.

Lamarana Diallo

View attachment 208224

Cost: free

Rating: 1/5

Sky Sport says: A transfer we don't understand. He's not even close to first team football and with players like Bruma and
Oyarzun which are the same age but have more potentialwe don't think Diallo will ever start for Real Sociedad. At least it was on a free and he can be sold next window.

Players out:

David Zurutuza to Southampton for a fee of € 2.3M

Sky Sport says: Bergkamp have a lot of midfielders and want to give the youth a chance, so this transfer makes sense. Let's hope he won't miss the knowledge Zurutuza delivered.

Alberto De la Bella to Crystal Palace for a fee of € 5.25M

Sky Sport says: We understand Alberto wanted a change of air and Real Sociedad did a good piece of business here

Gonzalo Castro to Stoke City for a fee of € 1.1M

Sky Sport says: One of the last minute transfers of this window. Without the possibilty to get an replacement, because the spanish window was closed already, it looks like D. Bergkamp has really high hopes on Bruma and Oyarzun. Another step to rejuvenate the squad.

Loans:

Fede to Racing de Santa nder as part of the transfer deal
David to Vitoria as part of the transfer deal
Franco to CE L'Hospitalet
Olarzabal to Lielda Esportlu

Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Bergkamp Rating: 3/5

Sky Sport says:
Real Sociedad did quite well this window. They didn't lose any key players and added a lot of quality before Bergkamp joined. Afterwards they mostly added for the future.

________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
First matches

View attachment 208262
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

email to: T.Henry[at]web.com
D.Bergkamp[at]gmail.com

Hi Titi,

I approached Claude and he accepted the offer very gratefully. I can fully understand that you want to go your own way.

The preseason went by as expected, only the loss against Osasuna still bugs me.

Tomorrow is the big match and I'm kinda nervous. Hope to hear from you soon again.

Regards,
Dennis

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Official Real Sociedad San Sebastian Newsletter

View attachment 208260

Dear Fans,
I want to thank you for the great support you gave the team and me at my first official match. We are delighted to had such a stunning performance. We weren't always defensive stable but fought with our hearts and played some great offensive football. Hopefully we can continue like this for the rest of the season.

Regards,
Dennis Bergkamp - Headcoach

View attachment 208253

Official Real Sociedad San Sebastian Newsletter #2

View attachment 208260

Dear Fans,
I'm very sorry to let you down in our first home game. We didn't deserved this loss, but sometimes a free kick can decide the whole game. The offensive didn't delivered this time and it showed we still have to work a lot to get the team were we want it to be. Hopefully I can send you some better news next week.
Best regards,

View attachment 208250

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

View attachment 208260

Dear Fans,
sometimes the luck is on your side and sometimes it isn't. Fortunately this time it was on our side as we won a very close game, which could have easily ended with a different outcome. A early penalty scored us the only goal of the game. After coming back from his injury Illarramendi really disservice us with the red card, but luckily we were able to withstand the attacks until the end. But we have to improve if we want to reach our goals.
Best regards,

View attachment 208249

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

It's formatted at least!

Last edited:
down the hill

View attachment 208213

View attachment 208212

Dear Fans,
we're very happy with my first home win and the way we played this match. The automatism starting to click and we're having a good run lately. But we still have to deliver every week. Thanks again for the great support you're giving me and my players.
Best regards,

View attachment 208211

Official Real Sociedad San Sebastian Newsletter #5

View attachment 208212

Dear Fans,
that game was a real blow. We couldn't get a feet into the game and played really badly. With no passion or will to give it all. There's nothing I can do now except apologize and assure you that we will work hard to not let this happen again.
Best regards,

View attachment 208210

View attachment 208212

Dear Fans,
I don't know what to say. I was sure we would not slip up again, but me and my players let you all down. You did a great job, despite us refuse to play football. We just weren't good enough, from back to front. We have to remember our own strengths and play as a team again. I'm very sorry for what we delivered to you.
Regards,

View attachment 208209

View attachment 208212

-Today there are no personal words from Mr. Bergkamp-

View attachment 208207

Is this the end of the journey to spain?

Phone Calls

View attachment 208190

*ringring*
D. Bergkamp: Hello, this is Dennis Bergkamp speaking.View attachment 208188

Jokin Aperribay: Good day, Mr. Bergkamp. It's me, Mr. Aperribay.

D. B.: Oh, hello Mr. Aperribay. I wondered when you would call.

J. A.: The results are after a decent start very poor lately. What happend?

D.B.: I think the players didn't get my vision of football fully. They are capable of playing way better. I just have to reach them again and give them confidence.

J.A.: We sacked Moyes because we couldn't see a straight line in philosophy and he wasn't able to stabilize the club. And I can't see you doing that too. Do you believe you can still turn them around?

D.B.: Yeah I truly believe that. I don't think were on a completely wrong way, we just have to tweak everything around. The international break is the perfect time for this.

J.A.: Okay, then you will have two games after the break to show us you're still the right man for this job.

D.B.: I'm grateful for this chance. I won't miss it.

*dudduddud*

View attachment 208189
View attachment 208172 D.B.: Hi Claude, it's me Dennis.
Claude Makelele: Hi Dennis, what's up?

D.B.: I just had a conversation with Mr. Aperribay. He doesn't sound optimistic at all. We've got to change something to get the team back on track.

C.M.: Yeah I thought so. You remember when I told you that your idea would fit even better in a 4-4-1-1? The wings would have more space to use their pace. And we should give the players more freedom to express them self on the pitch.

D.B.: Maybe you're right. Let's try that tomorrow. You lifted my mood. Thanks. See you tomorrow at 9 am.

C.M.: Looking forward to that. See ya.

New Tactic Board

View attachment 208121
View attachment 208127

Review (only players with at least 3 starts)

Best Players:
Bruma - 7.41
Jonathas - 7.07
Vela - 6.96

Worst Players:
Rene - 6.53
Granero - 6.58
Rulli - 6.63

Most Goals:
Jonathas - 4
Bruma - 3
Vela -3

Just a little sneak on what happened next.
View attachment 208103?

I will change the format for matches, as I slow down the pace. Even if nobody is reading this, its still so much fun.

Last edited:
Excellent story so far mate, really like the post match messages from Bergkamp to the fans. :)

Will follow, even if stories like this would push me to buy the game this year sooner than I expected...:D

View attachment 207698

View attachment 208093

"I say what's cooler than being cool? Ice cold!"

Dear Fans,
I'm delighted that we have together turned around our losing streak with a win against such a big side. Maybe we were a little bit lucky, but I don't think we didn't deserve this win. We stayed cool until the end of the match and forced our luck. Now let us use this positive energy to go in the next matches. With your fantastic support everything is possible.
Best regards,

View attachment 208084

I've forgot about that match actually, so this is the actual last update for today. Have to check if this format isn't to blown up.

Last edited:
going up

View attachment 207701

Official Real Sociedad San Sebastian Newsletter #9

View attachment 207702

Dear Fans,
it looks like we really did it. The second win in a row. We fought hard in this match to get the better outcome. Our offensive really did well and the defence starts to get more confidence. Let's continue this run next week against Celta de Vigo.
Best regards,

View attachment 207700

The October games:

View attachment 207699

Player of the month:

View attachment 207694

With 1 goal and 1 assist and some fantastic runs Bruma did everything to deserve this win.

Last edited:
Brilliant start to your first story. This looks much better than most people when they start! Nice one mate :)

Back