If Scotland/england/wales/n.ireland got independence...

Urm, no? as the UK wouldn't exist?

I generally opt for my nationality to be noted as 'English' anyway.

i count myself as brittish :)

Is that because you support Rangers, love the Queen and fly the Union Jack? No surrender, We are the People, Follow Follow and all that rubbish?

I consider myself Scottish when asked for nationality. However I realise the UK is of huge benefit to us so I'd like to see that kept.

*Brain can not handle overload of threads*

I too count myself as English (tho I'm half America and and half English)

Is that because you support Rangers, love the Queen and fly the Union Jack? No surrender, We are the People, Follow Follow and all that rubbish?

I consider myself Scottish when asked for nationality. However I realise the UK is of huge benefit to us so I'd like to see that kept.
if someone asked me were you from i say scotland

I'm British.

If it broke apart, then no, I wouldn't be British, because Britain wouldn't exist.

This is a stupid thread.

i count myself as brittish :)

Thats becuase you support Rangers. I agree with Nixon all the way there.

I am Scottish. I hate the Union Jack. I love the Saltire. I hate ''God Save The Queen''. I love ''Oh Flower Of Scotland''. I hate England. I Love Scotland

LOL nice sterotype right there, funnily enough we're not all Catholic hating Unionist Protestant pope hating people.

I for one belive in a United Kingdom, but were we to gain independence, I'd be Scottish, though in saying that, when people ask me where I'm from I say Scotland. Right now, I just think we're Britain, but Scotlands the best part of it. :)

I'm British.

If it broke apart, then no, I wouldn't be British, because Britain wouldn't exist.

This is a stupid thread.

Britain is the island we live on, you'd still be British. You wouldn't be a citizen of the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland), however.

I am Scottish. I hate the Union Jack. I love the Saltire. I hate ''God Save The Queen''. I love ''Oh Flower Of Scotland''. I hate England. I Love Scotland

It's a Union Flag, you smelly Scot. It's only a Jack if it's hoisted on a ship. ;)

Britain is the island we live on, you'd still be British. You wouldn't be a citizen of the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland), however.

I was talking in the sense that Britain and British would cease to exist as denizens of a country. You could be a Briton (i.e. a denizen of the British Isles) or English, Scottish etc., but you couldn't be British.

Last edited:
LOL nice sterotype right there, funnily enough we're not all Catholic hating Unionist Protestant pope hating people.

Haha I'm just winding you up, but to be fair there are a lot of people who act like my above description.

Well I dont ******* care what its called really.

Remember '67?

Please don't embarrass yourself. Even as a Scot, I can admit that the game was a friendly, therefore the result means nothing. We go on about England constantly mentioning '66 (which they do :p) but it's hypocritical to refer back to a fairly meaningless game ages ago. Also, I'm guessing he won't remember it, probably due to the fact that he wasn't quite around at the time (you've hidden your age Godcubed, but i'll bet you're < 53)

Haha I'm just winding you up, but to be fair there are a lot of people who act like my above description.

Please don't embarrass yourself. Even as a Scot, I can admit that the game was a friendly, therefore the result means nothing. We go on about England constantly mentioning '66 (which they do :p) but it's hypocritical to refer back to a fairly meaningless game ages ago. Also, I'm guessing he won't remember it, probably due to the fact that he wasn't quite around at the time (you've hidden your age Godcubed, but i'll bet you're < 53)

A good few do act like that I must admit, but ask our neighbours from the East End what nationality they are, I'm sure we'd have a few non-ritish or Scottish replies. Btw, just to let you know, your teams latest signing Martin Hardie is my second cousin ;)