If you had to compare your club to a food...

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 2K
If you take a sandwich and put some extremely delicious bread in the bottom, you are happy. Then you look in the refrigerator and see that the only filling you have left has exceeded the purchase date, but you don't want to eat dry bread, so you are forced to put it on. The filling is not good at all, it is horrible. But then you have the last piece of extremely delicious bread in the top, so it can take the bad taste of the filling and really don't mather that much. You are okay satisfied with the sandwich, but it could really need that good piece of ham as filling. - A slightly edited version of Michael Essien review of Chelseas season 2010-2011

I hope you got the point I am supporting the blues, but I still thought this was really funny of Essien to compare it to a sandwich :)
Source: Michael Essien compares Chelsea's season to a sweet bread sandwich | Metro.co.uk

As I am Danish, I naturally also support a Danish team. That team is Randers FC in the Danish superliga. My team has been playing very bad this season and is currently struggling with relegation. They are on the 10th place and only their score are currently making them be over the line. The team has just started to suck badly, I remember the good old days when we were a team who could challenge FC Copenhagen (Mostly on homematches) Brøndby and the other big clubs in the Danish league. I think it was 3 years ago when ended up being on the 5th place, qualifying for Europa League. Next year we hired John "Faxe" Jensen as manager because Colin Todd (Former Charlton manager at that time) left the club. He was actually the best manager we have had, so far. Though Lars Olsen also was good. Now to what the topic really is about:

Randers FC is a dry piece of bread. It really sucks, but you are hungry so you are eating it anyway.

You think Randers is bad? Look at my local club SønderjyskE.

SønderjyskE : A microwave dish - It sounds delicious, but the outcome is catastrophic

Back