If Your Team Had Kept *player*?

Average Joe

Reaction score
Just been thinking about how teams would have / have done without certain players.

What impact has a player leaving done to your club, as opposed to them staying, how would your team have done if they stayed>

Examples are - Kaka at Milan- although were doing well now, Kaka was a very big player for the club and would of helped up in the long run.

Other teams players spring to mind, Ronaldo - how would Man U be doing if Ronaldo was still in the team

Alonso - How much better would Liverpool be doing with a world class playmaker? Or how would Michael Owen have done if he never left? Would he of made his name with the top scorers with Ian Wright and Shearer?

Anyone?

Newcastle....if we had kept Milner, we probably wouldn't have been relegated.....
....if we had kept Oba Martins, we would have had the perfect partner for Carroll....

If we hadn't sold Keane and Berbatov in the same summer then we could have kicked on and challenged for the title :S

Newcastle....if we had kept Milner, we probably wouldn't have been relegated.....
....if we had kept Oba Martins, we would have had the perfect partner for Carroll....

Ive always liked Martins (how ever old he is! ;-) )

Pacey forward pretty much would be the perfect partner for Carroll.

(P.s I've messed the title up, thats what being ****** does lol)

But if he would of stayed the club wouldnt of played Carrol.

if we didn't waste 30 mill on berbatov but instead just bought him for cheaper we could of maybe bought a new keeper?

also if we kept ronaldo we would be winnin trophies evry season

also if rooney hadn't slept with all those women he would be doin better and so wud united :)

We would be doing even better if we had kept Pato...

He wouldn't be playing as good as he is playing now, but our attack would be A LOT better.

If Everton had kept on to Rooney! we only got one real season of him i would have loved to have seen an Everton team built around him, pity the guy is an absolute ****!

David Beckham - If we didn't sell him then we probably wouldn't have got Ronaldo at that time.

Cristiano Ronaldo - If we didn't sell him, we probably would have won the champions league and premiership last year.

Peter Schmeichel - If we had kept him then we wouldn't have spent pointless money on **** goalkeepers.

If we had kept Tevez, we could have possibly won the Premier League. His work-rate and bulldog like approach is missed upfront and I would erase his history with Manchester City to comeback to the OT and have a possible Rooney-Tevez thing going on.

David Beckham - If we didn't sell him then we probably wouldn't have got Ronaldo at that time.

Cristiano Ronaldo - If we didn't sell him, we probably would have won the champions league and premiership last year.

Peter Schmeichel - If we had kept him then we wouldn't have spent pointless money on **** goalkeepers.

i totally agree

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

If we had kept Tevez, we could have possibly won the Premier League. His work-rate and bulldog like approach is missed upfront and I would erase his history with Manchester City to comeback to the OT and have a possible Rooney-Tevez thing going on.

and again with you i agree

If we had kept Rickie Lambert. We wouldn't be where we are. We would also possess the ability to score goals and win games :'(

Chelsea - Robben , we really need a player like him at the moment and he is the best winger weve had tbf
Gateshead - Lee Novak , we could have been a mid table team 1st season in cnference if we kept him :/

I do wonder what would have happened if we managed to keep hold of Darren Bent during our financial struggle a few years back, probably wouldn't be too different or perhaps we might be in the Premier League.

Then I remember that one player alone won't change the fortunes of Ipswich, we would need quite a big change of a team before we stand a chance of promotion...

Carlos Tevez- was a great player for utd with his team work etc with rooney upfront.
Ben Foster- without a doubt manchester united's replacment 4 VDS, a few mistakes and suddenly he a bad goalie?
Pique-turned in to best player in the world.

Plymouth Argyle had kept MANAGER Ian Holloway, would've got playoffs and could be in the Premier League right now.

Plymouth - Sylvain Ebanks-Blake, David Norris, Paul Connolly, Jamie Mackie, Akos Buzsaky, Peter Halmosi.

I wish liverpool had kept Alonso, he was an amazing player. Big mistake getting rid of him

If we had kept Warnock, Bentley, Santa Cruz, Tugay and Mark Hughes (manager) we would be alot better off.