Iker Casillas: We would have beaten Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look:
1) RM makes it to the semis
2) RM gets knocked out of the semis
3) Barca wins CL against Man U
4) Casillas says that he thinks that Real Madrid is a better team than Man United
5) This thread is made
6) Everyone argues.
And I don't believe that ''4)'' was something to argue so much about.

Why? Real Madrid always had better individuals but not the team. Having star studded individuals is different from having players who can work as a team.

Madrid have won zlich to say they are the second best team.

Maradona scored a goal with his hand so he doesn't deserve respect. And Pele is just too self centered and he never respects anyone so why should the footballing world respect him?

Lol wut? Have you even hear of Pélé?

Off topic but if they are the 3 best of all time then where is Zidane? :p

4?

You think they're better than Manchester United? I beg to differ (despite being a Liverpool fan). Manchester United won a trophy this season, and reached the final of another competition, the same as Madrid but Real didn't reach a final as well as winning a trophy.

You can't just say they're going to win trophies next season, everyone was saying it this season with the Galacticos gelling and Mourinho as managed...but they only won the Copa Del Rey, right? Spain do have brilliant teams, but it's a bit far to say they are the best 2 teams in the world.

Anyway, I still think United would beat Real in the Champions League, unless they didn't have Mourinho, because of their determination and Real's overconfidence. But that's what I think and unlike Senor Casillas, I'm not going to say it to the media.

Sorry but I really disagree with this. I don't see how it's "a bit far" to say they have the best two in the world when then actually do. Real Madrid won the Copa del Rey by beating the best team in the world and had an amazing season in the league and only didn't win it because Barca was there. Any other year they would have won it. The same goes for the Champions League: they were far superior to the teams they played until they got Barca in the semi-finals. I have no idea how on earth you can say that ManU making the final makes them the better team...they both made it to the semi-finals. ManU got Schalke and Real got Barcelona. ManU advanced to the final because they had the easier team but lost to the same team Real Madrid lost too. But Real Madrid put up a better fight and the games were much closer, not to mention they actually did beat Barca this season. They look like the better team and on paper they are much better. They both won one trophy and lost to the same team in the CL. But RM was closer in their losses, and they are much better on paper and were better throughout the season (12 more points in the league, and I know you'll start talking about how bad La Liga is but 12 points is quite a difference).

Why? Real Madrid always had better individuals but not the team. Having star studded individuals is different from having players who can work as a team.

They beat Barcelona in the Copa del Rey, were great in the league this season, and only lost to Barca narrowly in the Champions League. More importantly, on paper they're the best in the world and one of the best in history. I'd say that makes them the second best team in the world. Do we know what would happen if they played each other in the CL? No, because it didn't happen. Could ManU win? Of course, any team can win on any given day. But I personally don't think it would happen. I think we'll see it this upcoming season though since it's the matchup everyone wants, so I guess we'll know then.

AWw.. again best in the history talk.. Your history started from 2000?

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

And even Hercules beat Barca this season. Dont know if that makes them better than ManUtd..

Last season Inter won the champions league but still Barca were the best team.

This season Madrid didn't even make it to finals still they are second best.

So no matter what happens on the field Barca and Madrid are two best teams..

We at least beat who Man U lost to once...

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Lol wut? Have you even hear of Pélé?

4?
Haven't you even heard of the article in which pele is talking about himself in 3rd person and saying that he's the best of all time and that his world cup record makes him awesome?

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Haven't you even heard of the article in which pele is talking about himself in 3rd person and saying that he's the best of all time and that his world cup record makes him awesome?

Barca beat Madrid 5-0
Hercules beat Barca 2-0
Valencia beat Hercules 2-0
ManUtd beat Valencia 1-0

Simple..

Where exactly did I say you couldn't?

You brought trophies to the table, just like the other guy brought freedom of speech and then brought trophies back up - short term memory, I guess. Not only that, but you bring them back up with your pundit thingie, which means **** all as well - most pundits talk out of their ****, just like Casillas!

Anyways bro {hope i can call you that ;)}, i know this is a really stupid fight...but being a Real supporter and someone who looks up to Casillas, i had to support him..plus i hate United and do believe that the way both the teams played this whole season..Real would have probably beaten them, but like everyone is pointing out...we didnt make it to the finals..so the argument should stop at that..and anyways, i don't like the title of being the "2nd best team in europe"...Real supporters shouldn't be happy with that....my only regret is that we were not in the other semi-final...anyways..you are entitled to your opinion..i'm sorry if i offended you in anyway.. (yes, this is a genuine apology :p)

No I haven't. And until I have a link to it I choose not to believe it.

i think comparing who beat who is not the way to go...

A better way to compare would be:
Man United (in all competitions) - Total Goals-113, Conceded-52, Highest Scorers- Berbatov (21), Chicharito (20), Highest Assists- Nani (21), Rooney (14)
Real Madrid (in all competitions) - Total Goals-148, Conceded-43, Highest Scorers- Ronaldo (53), Benzema (15), Assists- Ozil (25), Di Maria (20)

Disclaimer- Before you're tempted to mock me...I'm aware they play in different leagues, so the comparision isn't really valid...but even then we have had a far better season..and however much **** La Liga is compared to EPL...i think the EPL teams played pretty poorly this season as well..and we, including Casillas, are very well aware that we didn't make it to the finals...hence the keywords "if we had" has been used..for those who are poor in English..it means "We Know We Didn't Make It To The Finals, But If Barca Hadn't Cheated, We Might Have Had A Small Chance To Do That, And We Would Have Kicked United's Candy A$$es Then"... Thank You :)

Last edited:
I love your logic. Does that mean Zaragoza or Gijon are better than Barcelona since they beat you?

When we played them:
1) The club didn't care because they knew that they couldn't win the title.
2) We didn't have CR7 against Zaragoza.
3) We didn't have Alonso against Gijon(Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't remember it quite well)
4) We we're unlucky against Gijon we missed like 50 chances in the last 5 mins.

Thread has no point IMO.
Just a player voicing his opinion on something that doesn't actually matter in the slightest, since it's a hypothetical situation. Just like saying if Ronaldo didn't want to play for Real Madrid, Real Madrid would just be an average team full of expensive, ego inflated footballers.

Thread has no point IMO.
Just a player voicing his opinion on something that doesn't actually matter in the slightest, since it's a hypothetical situation. Just like saying if Ronaldo didn't want to play for Real Madrid, Real Madrid would just be an average team full of expensive, ego inflated footballers.

And who did Ronaldo dump for Madrid, again? ;) Haha...
About the "expensive, ego inflated" players...Which year are you living in? one of our best players this season (Ozil) cost 15 mil, and our best defender (Carvalho) cost 8...

When we played them:
1) The club didn't care because they knew that they couldn't win the title.
2) We didn't have CR7 against Zaragoza.
3) We didn't have Alonso against Gijon(Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't remember it quite well)
4) We we're unlucky against Gijon we missed like 50 chances in the last 5 mins.

all of that is largely irrelevant, his point is that your logic doesnt stack up

pointless thread, ridiculous arguments that cannot backed up n either side

Status
Not open for further replies.