Iker Casillas: We would have beaten Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same time machine that told you ManUtd will beat Barca in the final and how you scribbled that in every thread for past 2 months..

Well that was what happened in the original parallel universe I was in so I was quite surprised. But I guess the only possible explanation is that the contradiction and space-time vortex must have started us on a different path into the future, one where Barcelona won 3-1. And I guess that means that Liverpool won't win the title the next two seasons and beat ManU to 20, although I guess that still could happen in this universe.

I actually did and used it to go into the past and get rich but I lost all of the money in the financial crisis, negating the possibility of me having bought it in the future in the first place, which created a contradiction that disrupted the space-time fabric with a destructive vortex that almost killed me but got my apartment and cat. It got my landlady too, luckily, who is a total *****. I would have used it to see into the future of the Champions League and see what would have happened if/when Real Madrid and ManU played this season (I'm pretty sure UEFA will give us this matchup though) but I didn't since I'm pretty sure Real Madrid would win since they're a lot more talented. That could change this summer though of ManU goes out and buys the right players, but even then they won't have the talent of Real Madrid, who needs the trophy more desperately.

First bit nice story bro....

You sound almost as sure of this, as chelsea fans did in september of winning the league... Wow how people think eh?

First of all, you brought trophies to the table, while I said they didn't matter - the fact someone won a few trophies doesn't mean he can be disrispectful to other teams. Also, the fact that your team 'dominated for a century' means **** all as well - in THIS season's CL, you didn't make it past the semifinals, thus, Iker's opinion is completely hypothetical. And if you agree with him and that's 'all that matters to you', you shouldn't have come here trying to start a silly argument.

And last, but not least, you contradict yourself - you say you're not here to start a 'Barça-Real' fight, and you claim you don't hold a grudge against Barça, yet you start with the whole cheating thing again. You should ask Joss for the conspiracy website he posted a few days ago, it'll probably make you feel better.

Ok.. Forget the trophy talk and everything else..what i meant to say the first time I quoted you, before you to it to a whole new level, was, a player, who plays for a somewhat good club and captains a somewhat good footballing country, thus maybe earning himself a little bit respect in the footballing world, has made his opinion heard to a couple of members of the press, who have gone on to publish them..so I said his opinion must matter to some extent..at least a bit more than...lets say you..who's stuck here in a forum with people like me who start silly arguments and contradict themselves..
And again...i meant that his opinion matters to some people...but obviously your opinion should matter the most to you

1 word: Agreed. And anyone that believes that his opinion doesn't matter...: 4 La Ligas, 1 CDR, 3 Spanish super cups, 2 CLs, 1 UEFA super cup, 1 Intercontinental Cup, FIFA world cup, Euro cup and many more....he won all of these in real life and not in FM so I think that his opinion matters more than any of yours.

This is just bull. It's all ifs and buts, but the fact is they didn't get to the final and didn't deserve to - because they didn't. Manchester United got to the final so technically they are better than Madrid (although sometimes that isn't the case).

Ok.. Forget the trophy talk and everything else..what i meant to say the first time I quoted you, before you to it to a whole new level, was, a player, who plays for a somewhat good club and captains a somewhat good footballing country, thus maybe earning himself a little bit respect in the footballing world, has made his opinion heard to a couple of members of the press, who have gone on to publish them..so I said his opinion must matter to some extent..at least a bit more than...lets say you..who's stuck here in a forum with people like me who start silly arguments and contradict themselves..
And again...i meant that his opinion matters to some people...but obviously your opinion should matter the most to you

1 word: Agreed. And anyone that believes that his opinion doesn't matter...: 4 La Ligas, 1 CDR, 3 Spanish super cups, 2 CLs, 1 UEFA super cup, 1 Intercontinental Cup, FIFA world cup, Euro cup and many more....he won all of these in real life and not in FM so I think that his opinion matters more than any of yours.

Maradona also won a lot of stuff, captained a 'somewhat good footballing country' to victory as well, and gets printed by most papers. Not only that, but he was voted in a FIFA poll as their player of the century with over 50% of the votes, his goal against England was voted as the best world cup goal ever, and he was chosen as the best ever world cup player by The times. Does that mean his opinion has any relevance? Not really, no, because for all of his quality as a player and all the honours he has earned in his life, let's face it, he isn't the brightest of chaps, is often disrispectful to others, is too cocky and makes silly assumptions and talks out of his ****. Just like Casillas did. In case you don't like Maradona, I'll use another example - Pelé (You can't argue with his record, either) once said Nii Lamptey was going to be his successor. Do you even know who that guy is? The fact that Casillas has won trophies doesn't make his opinion any more valid if it has no foundations.

He is entitled to an opinion, as is anyone else, but his guess (Because this isn't much more than a guess, as Paul said, it's all ifs and buts) is as good as mine. If they could've beaten Madrid, we'll never know - because they weren't good enough to reach the finals.

Hardly a "failure" of a season. 2nd in La Liga to the "best team in the world", knocked out of the CL Semis partly thanks to a complete injustice with Pepe's sending off and Mascherano's dive in the 2nd leg to deny Madrid a goal, won the CdR.

You can't say the outcome would have been different if Pepe hadn't been sent off and Madrid's goal should have stood just like there is no way of saying Arsenal would have won if RVP hadn't been sent off. Full of if's and buts. You really do hate Barcelona.

Think Madrid are the second best side in the world, just look at the quality and the strength in depth they have, however that doesn't mean they would have beaten United as anything can happen.

Maradona also won a lot of stuff, captained a 'somewhat good footballing country' to victory as well, and gets printed by most papers. Not only that, but he was voted in a FIFA poll as their player of the century with over 50% of the votes, his goal against England was voted as the best world cup goal ever, and he was chosen as the best ever world cup player by The times. Does that mean his opinion has any relevance? Not really, no, because for all of his quality as a player and all the honours he has earned in his life, let's face it, he isn't the brightest of chaps, is often disrispectful to others, is too cocky and makes silly assumptions and talks out of his ****. Just like Casillas did. In case you don't like Maradona, I'll use another example - Pelé (You can't argue with his record, either) once said Nii Lamptey was going to be his successor. Do you even know who that guy is? The fact that Casillas has won trophies doesn't make his opinion any more valid if it has no foundations.

He is entitled to an opinion, as is anyone else, but his guess (Because this isn't much more than a guess, as Paul said, it's all ifs and buts) is as good as mine. If they could've beaten Madrid, we'll never know - because they weren't good enough to reach the finals.
Maradona scored a goal with his hand so he doesn't deserve respect. And Pele is just too self centered and he never respects anyone so why should the footballing world respect him?

Maradona scored a goal with his hand so he doesn't deserve respect. And Pele is just too self centered and he never respects anyone so why should the footballing world respect him?

Messi has scored a goal with his hand. Does he not deserve respect?

They are 3 of the greatest footballers ever, if you love football you will respect how talented they were/are.

[video=youtube;cFzIoljlgzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFzIoljlgzQ[/video]

Gotta love the commentary

Messi has scored a goal with his hand. Does he not deserve respect?

They are 3 of the greatest footballers ever, if you love football you will respect how talented they were/are.

Off topic but if they are the 3 best of all time then where is Zidane? :p

And Casillas was completely disrispecful towards Schalke 04 and Manchester United, by your logic, why should I respect him?

And Casillas was completely disrispecful towards Schalke 04 and Manchester United, by your logic, why should I respect him?

What do you think that he should have said that Man U or Schalke was better than RM? That would make our fans kill him.....

What do you think that he should have said that Man U or Schalke was better than RM? That would make our fans kill him.....

this is why this thread is a complete non story. he was never going to say that united would beat them.

Same way that if it had been Van der Sar or Rooney etc, they would never say Real madrid would beat them

then the story gets twisted

He could've said 'I don't know', for instance, instead of saying 'we would have beaten them we are the second best team in the world'.

Of course they would. This Real Madrid team is arguably the most talented in history and have a great manager who specializes in getting results from really talented teams. They were amazing in La Liga this season, won the Copa del Rey, and only lost in the CL semi-finals to one of the best teams in history. I'm sorry but they're way better than ManU or any team in the world other than Barcelona, and they're going to win trophies (plural) next season. If they don't win at least one it would be a huge embarassment.
You think they're better than Manchester United? I beg to differ (despite being a Liverpool fan). Manchester United won a trophy this season, and reached the final of another competition, the same as Madrid but Real didn't reach a final as well as winning a trophy.

You can't just say they're going to win trophies next season, everyone was saying it this season with the Galacticos gelling and Mourinho as managed...but they only won the Copa Del Rey, right? Spain do have brilliant teams, but it's a bit far to say they are the best 2 teams in the world.

Anyway, I still think United would beat Real in the Champions League, unless they didn't have Mourinho, because of their determination and Real's overconfidence. But that's what I think and unlike Senor Casillas, I'm not going to say it to the media.

Let's see...Wayne Rooney:

Premier League (4): 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
Football League Cup (2): 2005–06, 2009–10
FA Community Shield (2): 2007, 2010
UEFA Champions League (1): 2007–08
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

But he's not the most intelligent of people, is he? Same with Allardyce, great track record but says he deserves to be at a 'top club'. They're called big mouths, and they're know sod all about football and complex tactics. The match not only depends on the quality of players, but it also depends on many other factors, from the tactics to the height of the grass.

After all, he's paid to play football, isn't he? Why should he know a lot about tactics and other club affairs?

Respect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You should respect your peers and competitors, not dismiss them. I respect Casillas a lot before this, don't know what to think now.

Because they got to the same/further stage as Madrid? And it's called being honest, or he could have just not spoke out. No-one made him, he said it himself.

So he can say what he wants, but I cannot be critical of his comments. Gotta love the contradiction. Or did he earn his right to free speech in any football competition?

Exactly, so we are entitled to be critical of you too...

And I can see that it takes time for things to sink in for some people...because you don't seem to really be getting the point Mike is making.. And why people keep talking about trophies and achievements... Once these guys have retired, and a job for a football pundit opens up...Casillas..and even Rooney..would be at a much better position to get it than, lets say Michael Chopra...because they've accomplished way more in football...whether they are more disrespectful, stupid etc etc than Chopra...will mean diddly squat

Last edited:
Exactly, so we are entitled to be critical of you too...
Where exactly did I say you couldn't?

And I can see that it takes time for things to sink in for some people...because you don't seem to really be getting the point Mike is making.. And why people keep talking about trophies and achievements... Once these guys have retired, and a job for a football pundit opens up...Casillas..and even Rooney..would be at a much better position to get it than, lets say Michael Chopra...because they've accomplished way more in football...whether they are more disrespectful, stupid etc etc than Chopra...will mean diddly squat

You brought trophies to the table, just like the other guy brought freedom of speech and then brought trophies back up - short term memory, I guess. Not only that, but you bring them back up with your pundit thingie, which means **** all as well - most pundits talk out of their ****, just like Casillas!

Look:
1) RM makes it to the semis
2) RM gets knocked out of the semis
3) Barca wins CL against Man U
4) Casillas says that he thinks that Real Madrid is a better team than Man United
5) This thread is made
6) Everyone argues.
And I don't believe that ''4)'' was something to argue so much about.

Status
Not open for further replies.