I'm sorry.. but wow

• Thread starter Thread starter Fatal548
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
loving the two top goalscorers in that season

Shane Long is so so good on this, got me 25-30goals a season for the first three seasons with WBA.

Also on topic, if all you wanted was a tactic that has been working why haven't you just gone through the tactics section where there are numerous ones on there already that have been working.

Last edited:
So presumably you aren't willing to give me help?

yes but help me to help you. View attachment 290046
View attachment 290047this is the formation i always start with, its solid worked with every team i play 3rd in first season with fc united, won league with spurs and unbeaten season with chelsea won european cup too, did cup treble with liverpool and saved Q.p.r from relegation when we was 13 points adrift when i took over. pacy inside forwards and decent playmaker should work, if it doesn't then you need to look at other aspects of your game.

yes but help me to help you. View attachment 290046
View attachment 290047this is the formation i always start with, its solid worked with every team i play 3rd in first season with fc united, won league with spurs and unbeaten season with chelsea won european cup too, did cup treble with liverpool and saved Q.p.r from relegation when we was 13 points adrift when i took over. pacy inside forwards and decent playmaker should work, if it doesn't then you need to look at other aspects of your game.

A few things:

1)You started a thread calling the game broken, and then wondered why you didnt get any help when you didnt actually tell us anything.

2)You've just gone with a tactic someone has given you, so you wont actually learn anything, which will probably bring you back here when the AI eventually sidesteps you.

3)FM12 wasnt perfect, far from it. It was stable, but limited and relatively easy to exploit.

4)If you want people to help, stop being lazy and actually put some effort as well. You didnt even tell us what team you were in the OP.

A few things:

1)You started a thread calling the game broken, and then wondered why you didnt get any help when you didnt actually tell us anything.

2)You've just gone with a tactic someone has given you, so you wont actually learn anything, which will probably bring you back here when the AI eventually sidesteps you.

3)FM12 wasnt perfect, far from it. It was stable, but limited and relatively easy to exploit.

4)If you want people to help, stop being lazy and actually put some effort as well. You didnt even tell us what team you were in the OP.

Who said I went with it? I just thanked him for posting screenshots for me..
If you'd read this thread, you'd know that I ditched my save.

A few things:

FM12 was perfect for me. It was a fun, enjoyable, easy to pick up and play game.

I keep having trouble conceding from crossed balls any ideas?

FM12 was perfect for me. It was a fun, enjoyable, easy to pick up and play game.

But it wasnt actually perfect. You liked it because you were sucessful. FM13 requires you to put a little more work it, and you call it broken.

Completely agree that FM 12 was far from perfect. The amount of times I've had Otamendi slide tackling thin air and the ball then deflecting off him into the net...

But it wasnt actually perfect. You liked it because you were sucessful. FM13 requires you to put a little more work it, and you call it broken.

Again, why are you being so argumentative? I play FM purely for fun after work for an hour or two, I don't want to put hours of work into it - so please stop calling me lazy for that. Not everyone can spend solid hours sitting in their bedroom perfecting the right tactics... not everyone shares your opinion.

No game is perfect. It's called a hyperbole. I loved FM12 and it was perfect for me.

Again, why are you being so argumentative? I play FM purely for fun after work for an hour or two, I don't want to put hours of work into it - so please stop calling me lazy for that. Not everyone can spend solid hours sitting in their bedroom perfecting the right tactics... not everyone shares your opinion.

Not sure where I've been argumentative. I've never at any point said you have to put hours in.

15 minutes. The time its takes to create a tactic in the TC and create custom shouts. Without the shouts its about 5 minutes. It still does not make the game broken because you cant seem to win.

Not sure where I've been argumentative. I've never at any point said you have to put hours in.

15 minutes. The time its takes to create a tactic in the TC and create custom shouts. Without the shouts its about 5 minutes. It still does not make the game broken because you cant seem to win.

Haha why are you so keen to defend this game? Bottom line, IN MY OPINION, it isn't as fun as FM12.
I'm sure you'll reply back with some statistics that prove why I am completely wrong and that I can't have the opinion that FM12 was better though.

Haha why are you so keen to defend this game? Bottom line, IN MY OPINION, it isn't as fun as FM12.
I'm sure you'll reply back with some statistics that prove why I am completely wrong and that I can't have the opinion that FM12 was better though.

Its nothing to do with defending the game. I'm just pointing out the massive hole in your argumetn Clearly you are throwing your toys out the pram because you actually werent as good as you though. So when you are ready to create decent thread based on that http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/108429-help-threads.html you'll din some help. Otherwise you might as well go back to FM12.

I completely understand your frustrations. The ME has changed for the better, whether you agree with me or not, it has! The days of ME exploits appear to be over & the users who released these super tactics (which you may have been using in the past) will likely have a few releases but I doubt any of them will be as effective.

Sure FM12 was fun, every version of the game is fun at the time and that’s why we play games, right? If you really don’t want to put a little effort into the tactical side of things then you should stick to FMC. It’s not ideal but it requires less time and effort and may suit your needs.

The problem is that the game lacks any real guidance on tactics & just throws you into the deep end of things (Not ideal for users who may not be as savvy as others tactically) & when threads like this are created (and fair enough) users get upset because they don’t know where things are going wrong, so why not blame the game? You’ve tried everything right? Everything you think you can anyway because there isn’t a guide to say ‘Look mate, high pressing isn’t going to work with those defenders because they don’t have the work rate, pace or stamina to handle it’
It really doesn’t help either, when users snap back with comments such as “Well I won the Champions League with Accrington Stanley, so clearly you suck!”

My advice is to try and learn how to use the Tactic creator, when to use sliders (I still don’t touch them) learn about the shouts and which shouts work with each football philosophy and when to use player roles. You may have to do some digging but you’ll find that the game is actually very simple and easy to use. We are all constantly learning and you need to accept that you may fall flat on your **** but once you get it right, you’ll love the game more for it.

Last edited:
Just like I said in my original reply, it's patience and perseverance.

It's now nearly 8 weeks since we got access to the beta of FM2013. For me, and many others, it has been nearly 8 weeks of absolute toil and frustration, many users will still not be having success. It's been 8 weeks of tinkering with tactics, downloading tactics, deleting tactics and then downloading them again.

Only now, after 8 weeks of pain and suffering, many restarts and head banging am I finally getting any kind of success but it's simply because despite using FM (was CM) since 1993, I am only now starting to really understand the finer workings of the newest version, it's a completely different animal. The days of downloading/creating a tactic and throwing good players at it are gone, other factors come into play and man management/team confidence are more important than ever.

As someone who eventually found that perfect tactic for my side, I agree with the people who said patience and preseverence. Had many problems with previous tactics, including the original match engine problems. I kept away at it, changing and trying new formations, editting styles and picking the ideal players for each. Eventually, 4 seasons on with Rangers (in 2021/22), the team excells in big games, they dominate the SPL with very little problems and they control games with pace, passing precision and possession. That includes victories over Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid. Yet to win the Champions League mind, but I like to sell players when they've reached 23/24 and buy 4-5 youngsters for half the price.

the game is actually easier than Fm12 if you understand the game and apply logical thinking and tactical approaches to the game.. this is the best season I have had on any form of Fm or Cm to be honest.. (well so far) it could still go pear shaped..

I agree with what Kris said 200%.. this is football management at its finest and is by far the best FM/CM to date...

I do feel that SI need to have some sort of tactical tutorial for the "newcomers" to the series, SI probably assume that everyone is a die hard fan of the series and knows its ins and outs..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back