Important Attributes For Players

It could be me, but where's the Box-to-box midfielder, normal midfielder etc. ?

Box to box is a gareth barry type player, good in the tackle , stamina and decent passer of the ball.
Other one i think was missed out is def wide mid, usually a wingback type player imo like vargas or srna ofcoarse def wide mids are more useful in lower leagues where you need to nick goals 1-0 ect and contain.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------[/COLOR]

Also imo heskey is only good for fund raising on FM, he makes no impact in my games anyway, just a quick 7mill.
On the topic of villa forwards, agbonlahor isnt the best poacher on the game, he lacks the composure also irl typical poachers are not always speed demons, RVN and michael owen (positional sense over raw speed) im just sayin =).

Defensive Forward: Davies at bolton, the guy is immensly underated atm in england, stature dictates too much in football. I think def forwards ofc rely on marking and not so much tackling its more marshalling and winning vital loose balls; especially in the air so i think an engine of stamina and aerial presence are required for this role.

Last edited:
The main purpose of deploying a midfielder is to use a better tactic and to provide an attacking move through forwards.

Awesome guide.
Can you please make one for regular midfielder?

what should i play huntelaar as ?
separate: also what should i play balotelli as?

Awesome work

Hi there

Thought I'd comment on this thread as I heard someone say, this guide is of no use to anybody.

That is not true, I really love it, and so does a friend of mine playing the game. It's awesome work and makes my playing much better.

Thanks alot

Good guide mate, plenty of use to people who are sometimes a bit confused.

Cheers!

good list but you forgot one important attribute for defensive players, particular for DC position, and that is concentration

Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have undoubtedly been the two best players in world football of the past two years, with frankly no other player coming near to them in terms of near flawless talent. However, every year other players come to the fore, and in a world cup year, where so much can be decided by what happens in those four weeks, it will be an interesting battle to see who picks up the individual accolades at the turn of the year.

Great post, some of them positions i was unsure about and this has helped ! now i can search for a decent target man

I could not find a more appropriate thread for this. So here goes.

I have a GK, Fernando Henriques who has excellent GK and physical attributes but is slightly weak mentally. My Assistant Moura (JCA/JPA 16/16) rates him as a 2.5-3 star player. Basically, a fairly good to good player for the EPL.

Now, according to my scout Hamilton (JCA/JPA 20/19), G Ochoa is an excellent player and would be a leading star for most EPL teams. So far so good.

However, when I look at the two players' attributes, I think these opinions are wrong. Ochoa might be slightly better, but surely enough not THAT good? Here's a screenshot:

14fernandohenrique.png

I don't see the difference. In fact, the GK attributes of Henrique might even be better. So, I decided to go to the Genie scout. It concurred with my scouts.

So where have I got it wrong? And is the difference really that much or only a bit?

Edit: I got the answer. It's the mental attribute. If anybody wants it, I will post the detailed analysis here. The scouts were absolutely right!

Last edited:
Yes, both Agility and Jumping are the main physical attributes for a GK, as far as I know.