In need of an Oxford degree; in miracles

Tshimanga was an absolute beast for me last year at Boston, didn't quite hit the 50 goal mark though!

Transfers and Pre-season

Firstly I will show you the players we released during the summer. Most were back up options and on a good few hundred pounds a week so thought I could get better options on less money.
View attachment 28359I did want to keep Joe Oastler, as he was a good backup and could play multiple positions along the back four and Craig King, who is a good goalkeeper, however both didn't even want to start negotiating in a new deal.

Now for the incomings...
View attachment 28358I was gutted that I couldn't aquire any of my loan signings from last year however some are currently without a club so I will continue to try and pursue them. I also could only offer players a maximum of £350 a week which meant I struggled to attract top players for this league.

View attachment 28357Luke Wanadio - A right winger comes in to give some needed competition. Relatively small however decent crossing and dribbling as well
as being quick should make him a fine addition.

View attachment 28356Kadell Daniel - Another winger however this time on the left wing. Again fantastic dribbling and flair with a decent cross, should offer healthy competition to Adekunle. Managed to get Daniel on a non contract basis.

View attachment 28355Kurwon Hamzat - A left back option currently released from Rochdale. At 6 ft 1 and good physical attributes he should handle non league football. He also has a decent cross on him as well as being a hard worker. He is also on a non contract so only gets payed when he plays.

View attachment 28354Tom Sams - Another 18 year old full back, Sams got released from Leicester and is slightly smaller than Hamzat however is incredibly quick and has decent tackling so should be a decent acquisition.

View attachment 28353Charlie Wassmer - A huge defender at 6 ft 3. He has decent mental and physical attributes and with heading and jumping reach of 12 and 13, I expect him to be a threat from set pieces.

View attachment 28352Henry Ochieng - A loan signing from Exeter City, Ochieng possesses good decision making, vision, passing, technique alongside work rate and determination so I therefore see Ochieng to be a fantastic signing for the club!

View attachment 28351Jamie Lacy - A young goalkeeper, I only signed Lacy as I could get him on a non contract basis and I desperately needed a back up goalkeeper to Atkinson who was due to join shortly.

View attachment 28350Teddy Bloor- Another loan signing for the season, this time he arrives from Mansfield. Bloor has fantastic technical attributes for this league for a right back and should hopefully be first choice there.

View attachment 28349Jim Atkinson - A loan signing from Altrincham. He has decent stats for a goalkeeper at this level however his height and aerial ability and command of area slightly worry me, he was the best I could get on our budget.

View attachment 28348Rieves Boocock - Not just a fantastic name but also a decent player. A good finisher with a good first touch, decision making and being quick, should be a decent back up option.

View attachment 28347Chris Holroyd - A signing I had been chasing for the whole duration of pre season to get him a few days before our first game. An all rounder with good technical, mental and physical stats. At 32 years of age, he comes in as player/scout after being released by Wrexham.

View attachment 28343An unbeaten preseason! Nothing changes as Tshimanga continues to run riot. Nice to see Daniel and Wanadio also amongst the goals. An impressive clean sheet against League One Oxford. Also fantastic to see back to back 5-1 wins against RC Lens Reserves and Hampton & Richmond. Hopefully we can go one better this season!

August
We start the month with a contract extension. Kabango Tshimanga started this season like he finished the last, on absolute fire! He has put pen to paper on a new one year deal!

Halfway through the month, I acquired a new player...
View attachment 28023Joe Anderson - A much needed first team left back to come in for the inexperienced Sams and Hamzak. At 6ft he offers decent height in the back 4 with good physicals alongside solid passing, tackling, crossing, passing and determination. The ex-Chelmsford player hasn't featured yet as he hasn't quite got his match sharpness yet but will hopefully feature for the remainder of the season.
View attachment 28017
Concord - We kicked off the season in fine form tuning out a 4-2 win. Kadell Daniel came off the bench on his debut to seal a brace and the three points.
Maidenhead - A hard fought earned draw. We weren't quite at the races for this game but gained a solid point against a team recently relegated.
Chesham - An emphatic win, completely dominant across the whole pitch against a weak Chesham side who were recently promoted.
Eastbourne Boro - A good team performance and a 94th minute winner from Tshimanga sees us come away with a well deserved win!
Dartford - A game we somehow didn't win! Tshimanga missed two penalties! We had 4 times the amount of shots as them and still fail to seal all 3 points!
Hungerford - A disappointing first half saw us go in at the break deservedly 1-0 down. After missing 2 penalties the game before, we then conceded a really sloppy one.
View attachment 28015We stated the month on fire but ended it poorly. With Anderson adding much needed steel hopefully we will gain more clean sheets in the coming months. Holroyd and Tshimanga have started the season confidently however I will look to add more firepower into the side in the coming weeks to help them out!

September

View attachment 27571
Kingstonian
- A game I cant believe we didn't win! We were completely dominant and missed some great chances!
Truro - Another game we bossed and failed to win! We had 22 shots to their 4 and Tshimanga missed an 85th minute penalty!
Woking - A fantastic performance and win considering we weren't in great form beforehand, a much needed win.
Faversham - An easy FA cup game, Tshimanga grabbed a hat trick before being subbed, hopefully this will kickstart a run of form.
Sailsbury - A comfortable win with Chris Holroyd grabbing a brace alongside goals from Jon Ashby and Rob Sinclair.
Dulwich Hamlet - We started the game poorly however found ourselves 2-0 up through Wanadio and Holroyd. Tshimanga then went off injured. His replacement, Boocock then grabbed his first goal for the club before Dulwich Hamlet then grabbed a goal back before half time. Straight after half time they then grabbed a second. Boocock then grabbed a last minute goal to see off an important win against the run of play.
View attachment 27570
An unbeaten month which could have been a whole lot better had we managed to pick up 6 points instead of a disappointing 2 against struggling Kingstonian and Truro. Thankfully Tshimanga is only out for a week so may be a doubt for the FA Cup 3rd qualifying round against Folkestone. There are a host of clubs competing for top spot at the minute which we are among them. 3 points separate 1st and 7th with Hungerford currently remain top just like they were at the end of August.

October
View attachment 26731

Folkestone - An easy convincing win with no new injury scares!
Havant and Waterlooville - A massive win. We offered very little despite scoring two goals however limited them to long range shots than rarely threatened us.
Bath - Another important win, this time at home to Bath. Teddy Bloor scoring a winner with a free kick late in the first half.
North Ferriby - Despite only winning 1-0 we completely battered North Ferriby and peppered them with 36 shots at goal.
St Albans - Another less convincing performance however we got the all important 3 points, again thanks to a resolute defending. Rob Sinclair was fantastic with a goal and an assist to his name.
Wealdstone - A non eventful first half saw both sides go into the break goalless however they took the lead with 20 minutes to go. Ochieng came off the bench and grabbed a late leveller with a fine late run into the box and a neat finish.

View attachment 26730
We finish the month where we want to finish the season, top of the pile after a fantastic month which also sees us into the next round of the FA cup with the hope of our finances getting a reward as a result.

November

I finally managed to tie down a few more contracts this month. Both wingers, Jordan Adekunle and Luke Wanadio have signed on for another season both having a £20 a week increase to their original wage.

We also welcome back a familiar face...
View attachment 26270
Ryan Huckle - We know a lot about Huckle after his successful season long loan spell here last season. I have been chasing him ever since and he has finally put pen to paper until the end of this season which he will hopefully extend later on. This signing was even more important as Jayden Corbridge wants to leave and York City are interested in him.View attachment 26269
East Thurrock - A fantastic performance with a clean sheet and 3 goals to show for it!
Brackley
- A game that we didn't really show up in as we fall to a disappointing 2-1 defeat in the FA Cup.
Chippenham
- A game we deserved to win! We had 2 goals wrongly ruled out in my opinion. Wanadio hit a beauty which was called off for offside as Huckle was standing in an offside position as it went in. Holroyd also had one ruled out for offside which was marginal.
Hemel Hempstead - Back to winning ways and with a clean sheet! Wanadio scoring an absolutely beauty.
Chester
- What a win as we absolutely blitzed Chester with an incredible performance in the FA Trophy.View attachment 26268
We finish the month again at top spot! We are finding ways to grind games out despite not playing brilliantly which is a good sign. I would like to see Holroyd get back to goalscoring ways however and may look to add a striker in December.

December

Left back, Joe Anderson has signed a new contract keeping him at the club until 2021 after an impressive few months at the club. I said I was looking to bring in a striker and I managed to 5 days before Christmas, an early Christmas present indeed!...
View attachment 26065
Norman Wabo - A player we had on loan for the season from Southend last season. He is a good well rounded player especially for this league and should give healthy competition for Tshimanga and Holroyd, thankfully we have got him on a 2 year contract as well.
View attachment 26066
Torquay - An impressive 2-0 win against Torquay with goals from Tshimanga and Adekunle.
Welling - We fall to a disappointing 4-2 defeat however looking through Welling's starting line up, I'm surprised they're not top of the league and flying, they have a few fantastic players at this level.
Grimsby - We are knocked out of the FA Trophy via a defeat at home to Vanarama National side Grimsby despite taking the lead through the in from Henry Ochieng.
Concord - A comfortable win! Chris Holroyd scored two days after Norman Wabo's arrival to try and cement his place in the team. Luke Wanadio scored another screamer to add to the collection this season.
Weston Super Mare - Another comfortable win with another goal from Holroyd and a brace from Mr Reliable Kabongo Tshimanga.
Maidenhead - We went into the break with the score at 1-1 thanks to a Tshimanaga penalty. Chris Holroyd then pounced on a mistake from their keeper who failed an Adekunle strike.
View attachment 26064
After the arrival of Norman Wabo, both Chris Holroyd and Kabongo Tshimanga must've realised their place in the side was under threat as they ended December in fine form. We finish the month top of the league however with Wealdstone, Dulwich Hamlet and Welling closely behind, I expect them to push us all the way.

January

We got hit with some bad news at the start of the month...
View attachment 25695After coming into the side a few months ago, Henry Ochieng has been one of our most consistent performers and has sealed himself a few goals and man of the matches as a result. Unfortunately, he will be sidelined for 4-5 months after breaking his foot. Hopefully Jon Ashby can come back into the side and produce similar performances.

View attachment 25694Eastbourne Boro - A comfortable 3-1 home win kickstarts the month with Corbridge, Wanadio and Adekunle with the goals.
Chesham - Back to back 3-1 wins and a rarity with two goals coming from direct free kicks, even more rare that both were scored by either full backs in Teddy Bloor and Joe Anderson.
Hungerford - An important win with Corbridge scoring again after goals from Adekunle and Tshimanga.
Dartford - Our hardest test of the month came away at Dartford and we came up short. We trailed 2-0 at half time and decided to go 4-3-3 with Wabo, Holroyd and Tshimanga up front hoping that at least one of them could come up with the goods. Tshimanga did score but it was too little too late as we fall to a disappointing defeat.

View attachment 25693We finish the month on top again! We see ourselves 5 points clear at the top followed by Havant and Waterlooville and Dulwich Hamlet. I hope that we can continue our decent form with the absence of Ochieng as we may need to look for more cover in central midfield.

Making good progress im in the middle of a NL2Legend youtube series with Oxford City myself.

I have been playing scouts reports only to bring in players (No searching through the players menu etc... ).

Almost identical to your season so far, Second in the league, 1st round FA Cup. I'm just about to play the Billericay game 2 points behind them.

Zac McEcheran is beat though you should have kept him.

Good luck with the rest of the save.

MacZade - Cheers mate! Will defo try and catch up on your series some time! Yeah I never really gave him the game time he deserved tbf.

February

We'll start off with the good news, Ryan Huckle has signed on for another year with a £20 increase, meaning he is now on £200 a week. He offers a big presence and at a young age will hopefully improve in the future.
Now for the bad news...
View attachment 25356
Luke Wanadio - After really impressing in recent weeks, we got the devastating news that Wanadio will be out for two months. Thankfully Rob Sinclair and Kadell Daniel can play there however they wont offer the same as Wanadio.
View attachment 25355
Norman Wabo - Wabo is set to miss the end of the season after being ruled out for 3-4 months. Massively disappointing news that we got towards the end of the month, a month where he really started to show his class.

View attachment 25354
Kingstonian - We make a comfortable game look less than convincing as we concede two sloppy goals. Wanadio grabbing the winner before going off injured.
Truro - A horrendous first half saw us go in at the break 1-0 down. I made a triple sub, Jon Ashby, Kadell Daniel and Norman Wabo coming on and all three got on the scoresheet as a much improved performance finished with a 4-1 win.
Woking - A big important win where we showed our class, in particular Wabo who came in for Holroyd after his brace in the last game and he bagged himself a hat trick!
Sailsbury - Gutting! We went a goal down before scoring 2 goals, Wabo went off injured and then Sailsbury hit two extremely late goals to see us lose 3-2.
Dulwich Hamlet - Clash at the top of the table, we never really got going and deserved to lose despite a late flurry of chances where we could only take one through Chris Holroyd's goal.
View attachment 25353
Despite our two defeats at the end of the month, most notably against Dulwich Hamlet, we finish the month at the top of the table still. We have a reasonably healthy 6 point lead however with injuries to key players, I see us dropping a few points in the coming months.

Youth Intake
View attachment 25352
As you can see, we have another poor youth intake. All are no where near as good as Alan Gleeson from last years, who has yet to feature for the first team. I will probably sign on Giovanni Joseph and that will most likely be it.

View attachment 25351Giovanni Joseph - A young right winger with good physical stats, quick and great acceleration however he can hardly kick a ball straight with dribbling and passing being at 3 and 4!

Just caught up with this. Good to see you going strong in the league this year! Also, I don't feel to bad about my apparent 'underachievement' on my own save with Torquay before getting sacked...after all, I was doing better than they are doing on your save lol!!

NotSoSpecialOne - Thanks mate, you may think differently after this update! Will catch up on your Torquay career now, I am surprised with how low down in the table they find themselves.

March

View attachment 25348
Bath - A less than convincing performance where we were lucky to grab a point. Rob Sinclair scoring a late equaliser.
Havant and Waterlooville - Horrendous! My worst game as manager of Oxford City so far, conceded an early goal and it just went from bad to worse from there.
St Albans - Finally a much needed win, another poor performance however this time we come away with 3 points after Rob Sinclair scored a screamer.
Wealdstone - A much better performance however we fall to another defeat as we lack conviction in our finishing.

View attachment 25344
We still remain top of the table however on goal difference this time after a catastrophic month. 1 win in 6 league games including 4 defeats, the injuries may have taken more of a toll than I thought. Kabango Tshimanga needs to start stepping up as well as he has yet to hit the heights of last season.

Squeaky *** time!! I hope you can hold on to 1st and won't have to go through the dreaded playoffs again!!

TheNotSoSpecialOne - Thanks mate, if you think that was squeaky *** time, just you wait lol...

April

I have transfer news, however as the deadline is closed, the player is set to join us at the start of June...
View attachment 25316
Caolan Lavery - A real coup of signing! he as some very handy stats and is well rounded so should hopefully tear this league or even the National League up. On £275 a week he should be a fantastic addition to the side, he also signed until 2022!

View attachment 25314
East Thurrock - A poor performance which has reflected us in recent weeks however this time we come away with 3 points, a welcome return to Luke Wanadio who scored on his comeback after his recent injury.
Chippenham - We follow up a good win with a disappointing defeat as we fall to a 2-0 loss. A horrendous decision for the referee to give them a penalty killed all our momentum as we looked for an equaliser. Even the commentary agreed with me!
Hemel Hempstead - Inconsistent! We then share the spoils with Hemel despite us shading the game.
Welling - A fantastic 1-0, a real gutsy display which isn't like us of late, Tshimanga sealing a much needed win as we come towards the end of the season.
Torquay - A massive massive win as we get back to back 1-0 wins with a fantastic solid performance capped off with another goal from Tshimanaga!
View attachment 25315
WOW! We somehow remain first despite dropping a few points in April, at one point we did slip to 3rd after our Chippenham and Hemel results. 1 more game left and it is huge as we could be crowned champions!

With one game remaining we host bottom of the league, already relegated Weston-Super-Mare. Dulwich Hamlet host St Albans and Havant&Waterlooville travel away to Bath City!

Last Game Of The Season

We just need a win to clinch the title and get promoted or better both Havant & Waterlooville and Dulwich Hamlet's score. Lets see how they got on...

View attachment 25312Havant & Waterlooville lumped on the pressure with a 2-1 away win at Bath, on loan from AFC Wimbeldon, Alfie Egan scoring a brace.

View attachment 25311Dulwich Hamlet were 2-1 up until the last minute until Magnus Okuonghae scored an own goal for them to share the spoils.
These results meant we needed a result...

View attachment 25310
Needed a result and a result is what we got! The most comfortable 1-0 wins I've seen despite my nerves telling me otherwise. Weston-Super-Mare failed to even have a shot during the whole game. Tshimanaga had a mare in front of goal and missed several sitters however came up with the all important win when he converted a harsh penalty to seal the win. The win means...

View attachment 25309WE ARE CROWNED CHAMPIONS!!! We top the table by two points as Havant & Waterlooville finish in 2nd a point and place above Dulwich and Hamlet. It goes to show how good we were last season and more importantly how good Billericay were considering we finished a point shy of last season after Billericay won the league with 100 points!

Get in....nice one mate! Be interesting to see who you get in over the Summer to compete in the National League next season!

End of Season

View attachment 25308Tshimanga seals fans player of the season as well as swooping the young player of the season. Nice to see Rob Sinclair came third after an impressive year behind Luke Wanadio. Norman Wabo scored goal of the season and Luke Wanadio was signing of the season unsurprisingly. A surprise to see no Ryan Huckle or Norman Wabo in the 11 of the season however they did join halfway through the season.

View attachment 25307
Despite not being as prolific as last season. Kabongo Tshimanga bagged top goalscorer and most player of the match awards. Rob Sinclair got an impressive 11 assists from central midfield and a high pass completion rate of 88%. Jon Ashby got the most sending offs with a low of 1 and was joint with the most yellow cards alongside Sinclair, Corbridge and Wanadio.

View attachment 25306
As you can see there are numerous players with a high average player rating. Norman Wabo with an impressive 6 goals from 3 starts and 7 sub apperances. Ochieng grabbing 4 goals in 13 starts before his long term injury. Don't underestimate the roles both full backs played. We have Anderson under contract for another season and I will be trying to get Teddy Bloor on for a further season. Chris Holroyd scored a decent tally of 18 goals, should have been higher if it wasn't for a disappointing second half of the season.

View attachment 25305
I claim manager of the year with a decent 61% win rate. The bookies had us to finish 11th in the league at the start of the year so to come out as winners is highly impressive. I voted for Gavin Rose to win it at Dulwich Hamlet as they finished 3rd with not the biggest of budgets.

Tshimanga came third in the leagues top goalscorer as Kingsley Eshun of Dulwich Hamlet won it with 29 goals. James Vennings of Welling won players player of the season, I voted for Eshun in that category.

Transfers and Pre-season

I will start off with the released players...
View attachment 25298Left back, Tom Sams leaves the club after just a season and a handful of apperances. He didn't want to sign a new deal and I'm not too fussed about it. Another departure after a season is striker, Chris Holroyd. He was our highest paid player on £400 and with Wabo now fit and the arrival of Lavery, I felt it was best for him to leave. The other two were reserve players that never featured under me. Both loanees Rieves Boocock and Jim Atkinson went back to their parent clubs after a season. Now for the arrivals...
View attachment 25291
Caolan Lavery has joined up with the squad and we were fortunate enough to get Henry Ochieng and Teddy Bloor on season long loans again.

View attachment 25297Jack Holland - A centre half with National League experience with Bromley. He has good physical stats alongside decent jumping and bravery. Will compete with Huckle, Wassamer and Corbridge at centre back.

View attachment 25296Paul White - With Atkinson leaving, I needed a new goalkeeper so incomes White. He is tall with great communication and good arieal reach. Much needed for the physical battle this year will be. He arrives for a free from Kettering Town.

View attachment 25295Giorgos Aresti - A Cypriot international with 17 caps to his name. He started his career in Greece with AEK Athens and most recently has found himself in England with Haringey. He comes in with fantastic mental attributes and good marking and tackling.

View attachment 25294Christian Scales - After Tom Sams departure, I needed cover for Joe Anderson so in comes Scales. Formerly of Kidderminster and Leyton Orient, he offers a fantastic cross and range of passing however his speed being his weakness.

View attachment 25293Ben Dudzinski - Another goalkeeper this time from Havant and Waterlooville. Good agility, handling, kicking, aerial reach, communication should make him good competition for White.

View attachment 25292Henry Cowans - An Aston Villa trainee that has been playing for AFC Telford the last few years. He offers great physical stats with decent passing, crossing and dribbling. He may feature on the right midfield with Luke Wanadio attacking the left side.

View attachment 25290Lavery picked up an injury in the first game of pre season and then missed the duration of it as a result. We started with two wins and goals galore for Norman Wabo. We then fell to a 2-1 defeat to Chelsea U23's with Ashby scoring a consolation. Another 2-1 defeat this time away at Chippenham with Wabo scoring again. Shock, Wabo scored again as we win 3-2 against SM Caen Reserves. We finished our pre season with a clean sheet at home to Woking despite dominating possession we could only draw 0-0

August

We start the month in typical fashion, with injury news...
View attachment 25243In the first game of the season, Henry Ochieng was ruled out for the month with a calf strain.
View attachment 25242
Solihull Moors - We started the game on fire and should've been 3 up. It looked like we would start the season with a win until Adi Yussuf scored a 90th minute equaliser.
Sutton - Welcome to the National League! We got well and truly battered by Sutton. The only consolation was an absolute screamer by Wanadio, that won goal of the month!
Wrexham - A close encounter which Wrexham managed to win via a well rehearsed corner routine.
Boreham Wood - Back to back 1-0 defeats despite us having a few key chances which we failed to take.
Leyton Orient - What an away win! We went a goal down before Wanadio scored a brace. They then equalised before a 92nd minute winner from Josh Ashby.
Barrow - We were fantastic in this game and deserved to possibly win the game however we fall to another 90th minute winner as we lose 3-2.
View attachment 25241
We finish our first month of National League football in 22nd place with 4 points. We are only one point away from safety however with a poor goal difference. Macclesfield sit bottom with no points on the table yet. I expect a lot better from my three strikers that have yet to hit the ground running, only Tshimanga has scored so far and Wabo, Lavery or Tshimanga himself have scored from open play.

September

Seems like we start every month with a tradition of injury news, this month isn't any different...
View attachment 1192090 Caolan Lavery will miss the majority of the month with a pulled calf strain. I have been looking for a striker regardless but this injury sped up the process and I have a new signing...
View attachment 1192091Michael Cregan - A former Oxford City player rejoins us on a season long loan. He has some impressive stats however at 5ft 6, he may struggle with non league football.
There has been quite a bit of transfer news this month...
View attachment 1192092Kyran Wiltshire wanted first team football which I couldn't give him therefore we mutually agreed to terminate his part time contract.

View attachment 1192093Kadell Daniel is another player who moves on, he was also on a part time contract and joins Wealdstone after limited appearances.

View attachment 24783Another player on a part time contract that had a better offer elsewhere and has decided to leave is Cameron Esien. He was ever present in my first year however hasn't played much since Teddy Bloor's arrival.

View attachment 1192094Finally, Paul White will join Cork City at the start of January for £7.25k after just a month with us. He is also only back up to Dudzinski at the minute and we have at least 3 months to try and get in a replacement.

View attachment 1192095Dagenham & Redbridge - A great goalless draw against a strong side, perhaps could've nicked it with Tshimanga at the end.
Grimsby - An incredible win! Back to back clean sheets and a 2-0 win against a team pushing promotion. Henry Cowans scoring his first goal for the club.
Morecambe - Unbelievably we were 4-0 down with 15 minutes to go in this game! Michael Cregan scored on his debut before a Jayden Corbridge header and Tshimanga goal made a game of it.
Dover - Top of the league at the time and we were well and truly outclassed by a strong side.
Bromley - Despite going a goal up we surrendered our lead when Rob Sinclair went off injured.

View attachment 24785
As mentioned in the Bromley recap, Rob Sinclair picked up an injury and will miss the next month or two, a massive blow to our survival hopes!

View attachment 24784
We finish the month in a respectable 19th. We are very inconsistent however we are bound to be with one of the weakest squads in the league and being predicted to finish bottom. With a few backup players leaving, I will be looking to delve into the transfer market to strengthen the 11 and squad overall.

Last edited: