In the money ! this happened to anyone else ?

got a random lucky investment on a charlton file last year. just got htem promoted into the championship and some nutty italian bloke took over, gave me a 60m cash injection, i was like whaaatt ha. never happened again though and I got sacked too :L

Same I was Boston UTD got them promoted first season then second season just missed out on the play-off's then somebody bought the club and instantly sacked me raging. I got a job at Macclesfield(they had been relegated) though and managed to beat them both times in the league so that made me happy :)

Had got taken over in FM10 when was managing Liverpool by a Brazilian businessman. Got a nice 14 million budget in January and then the save got corrupt :S

never happened to me, and with man utd been in so much debt, they never get taken over, yet in real life they are always been linked with a take over. And the people that take over liverpool on the patch 11.0.0 are usually not the richest but its tom warner is in charge of liverpool on patch 11.0.2. guess its just luck.

So this can happen to any club? It doesn't always happend to your club? Also to others?
Your rivals can get a big takeover? :) Never happened to me....and i haven't gotten any messages of a takeover for any club.

Do you get a message if your rival or any other club gets taken over?

Last edited:
Never had a proper takeover. My chairman is happy to stay at the club atm but I hope he shifts and I get some money because they don't give me a transfer budget and I can't see getting past league 1 on just free transfers :S

I wouldn't be suprised if the money you got given was down to your financial control. If your management stats are high then they are surely more likely to back you.

On an old FM I was Plymouth and a consortium took over Swindon and sacked the manager and offered me the job with something like £60 million to spend, i took it of course and took them to the premiership before losing the opening three games and getting sacked myself. He was a crazy Italian too.

I wish. Whenever I get taken over it is generally by the fan's or an internal takeover. I must say, your save game looks interesting! Probably have a go sometime. :)

Better takeover than what ive had. Mike Ashley sells to a local businessman who is a newcastle fan, but I end up further in debt than I already am, £33 million :'(

Is there a way to make your Chairman leave or to induce a takeover, like really annoy the boardroom or something? Because if they're "happy to stay at the club" they wont be leaving in short time, would they?
Btw does anyone as realized a somekind of pattern that leads to takeovers?

Is there a way to make your Chairman leave or to induce a takeover, like really annoy the boardroom or something? Because if they're "happy to stay at the club" they wont be leaving in short time, would they?
Btw does anyone as realized a somekind of pattern that leads to takeovers?

You can use editor and change you Chairman's status to something like "will listen to offer", but that would be cheating :)

Also if you want loads of cash just add a new manager and pick one of the top clubs, like Chelsea or Man.City. Then using new manager make an offer to one of your worst players for something like 10-20 mil. Accept the offer and then resign the newly added manager.

But I guess you alredy knew that :)

I am Rochdale, 2012/13 and just missed out on promotion to the Championship last season via penalties!

We have no money and a tiny wage budget with a board who wont budge on budgets!...

The fans and players love me and I dont particularly want to leave the club as I have invested in the future squads of free transfers BUT is there not a way to give the chairman the old 'heave ho' or to make him think about his position without the team playing badly?!?!?

...could do with a nice injection of cash!

Last edited:
I get a promotion from within and get **** all transfer budget [Celtic]... had to sell Juhasz to increase my wage budget out of the red <_<

Kilmarnock get a Tycoon who promises £52million and it goes through. THE ****?

In FM 2010 I was playing with someone like Newcastle and a takeover seemed likely.
Some Russian businessman was in talks to takeover and a message popped up saying if the takeover was successful I'd have a transfer budget of....wait for it.....£1.07 billion.
....and of course the takeover failed :mad:

Fm11 got Lincoln to the prem by 16/17 but spent a lot in the first season and even though finished 11th ended up in the red by £11m which induced the board to seek a takeover and someone came in and injected £20m which was nice but they nearly replaced me with Jermaine Defoe! lol reckon goin in the red might help induce a takeover on that basis.

Fm11 got Lincoln to the prem by 16/17 but spent a lot in the first season and even though finished 11th ended up in the red by £11m which induced the board to seek a takeover and someone came in and injected £20m which was nice but they nearly replaced me with Jermaine Defoe! lol reckon goin in the red might help induce a takeover on that basis.

It is really easy with lower league clubs. No TV coverage, 200-400 supporters per game, you will definately be in red by the end of first season unless you get promoted

I've had a few italian takeovers with liverpool. Be warned after about 3 years they left!! with one of them becoming a chairman leaving me with no cash lol.

can I ask what the "Great British Club Cup" is..?

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

in fact, I'm almost certain you've cheated, what the **** is with that scout, 20 on everything?!?! whats the point.

On my Liverpool save I was 5 seasons in. I have won the PL x2, FA Cup x2, Europa League x1.

5 Season in. Huge Brazilian Businessman took me over. He gave the club 80 Million to spend on transfers.

Unfortunately this takeover was met with my random sacking, even though I was doing well. He bought in José Mourinho. Now I manage at Crystal Palace 10 games in, and in 7th.

So takeovers aren't always a good thing.