Fm Addict AB

Reaction score
This is my first story so please don't kill me!! Any feedback is much appreciated, as long as it is productive!! :)

This story is about my save with Italian giants AC Milan, a team that is considered by many as a team in transition, hence the name. The challenge is simple, make AC Milan the force they were during the days of Kaka, Maldini and Inzaghi. I have 5 years to do this. There is a checklist in this challenge which I will leave in this post;

ChallengeFinished??
Win Serie A twice1.
Win Champions League once
Have 5 Italian Internationals*1. Stephan El Shaarawy

* Players must be uncapped existing players, uncapped new signings, uncapped existing youth team players or uncapped new regens.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have played up to January 2013 so in my next update will be the review of the season up to and including January, including signings, results and all other relevant info. See ye soon!!! :)

Last edited:
The league has been very mixed so far, with not much consistency, which has annoyed the board and my job security status has been changing week-by-week. We have played well at times, but unfortunately we have not been consistent enough and lie outside the Champions League places and am barely in the Europa League place. The best result so far has to be the 3-0 win against Inter, which the fans loved me for. The dominance in this game was surprising, and it contributed to the sacking of the Inter manager, with Martin Jol taking over. The worst game by far was the 5-0 reverse at Chievo. I was seriously concerned for my job after this game, as we were so outclassed by such an average team. In fairness they have been overachieving this year and lie in 2nd Place.
Media Prediction: 3rd, Currently: 6th.

COPPA ITALIA

Unfortunately, the cup run was so short that there was no point in putting up a screenshot of it. We were beaten 3-2 in the 1st Round (last 32) by Varese of Serie B. We were 3-0 down at half-time and to be honest I was fearing the worst. We got it back to 3-2 with 10 minutes to go, and we missed a penalty with 5 minutes to go, which saw us go out of the competition at the first hurdle.
Media Prediction: Semi Final, Finished: Last 32

The Champions League has been my saving grace so far, as we have played very well in this competition. I knew that it would be a disaster if we did not get out of this group, with Paris Saint-Germain the only competition. We played well but did not score that much, but enough to keep up with PSG. The win over them was our best performance of the whole season, my team were faultless!! The draw for the next round gave me something that I had never done before, to play against my beloved Arsenal. I'll be honest, it is one of the better draws, but will still be very difficult.
Media Prediction: Quarter-Finals, Currently: First Knockout Round

No player that I have signed has really set the world alight so far, besides Razvan Rat, who is playing really well for me. I have just signed Semih Senturk, so it will be interesting to see how he gets on, while Ari has gone back to Spartak Moscow, because quite simply, he was rubbish. Going out was mostly loans, expect for Emmanuelson on a co-ownership deal (can someone explain???) and Mario Yepes, who was past his peak.

That's all for now everyone. In the next review will be a round up of February, which will include the first leg of the Champions League 1st Knockout Round, and news on an interesting signing, who will arrive in the summer. See ye soon guys!!

View attachment 297264

FEBRUARY ROUND-UP

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 297266
AC Milan sign Olexandr Kucher on loan from Shaktar Donetsk.

AC Milan have signed Kucher, a centre-half, on loan until the end of the season. This signing is due to the injury to Sebastien Squillaci, who has returned to Arsenal after being ruled out for the rest of the season. He will wear the number 24 shirt, vacated by Squillaci.

View attachment 297267
AC Milan agree deal for Pierre-Michel Lasogga

AC Milan have agreed to sign striker Pierre-Michel Lasogga from Hertha Berlin. The deal means that Lasogga will see out his contract in Germany before joining Milan in the summer. Lasogga is 20 years of age and is tipped to be the next Miroslav Klose.

SERIE A NEWS

Results
Lazio 1-2 AC Milan
(Kucher, Semih Senturk)

AC Milan 5-1 Siena
(El Shaarawy, Nocerino, Kucher, Robinho, Semih Senturk)

AC Milan 1-1 Torino
(El Shaarawy)

Napoli 1-2 AC Milan
(Robinho, El Shaarawy)

TABLE (TOP 10)

View attachment 297268
The league has been very good for us this month, as we have turned most draws into wins. The game against Lazio was very pleasing because we dominated and my two new signings scored on their debuts. The trashing of Siena was a superb win, as we haven't scored that many goals in a game for a long time. The only disappointment of the month was the draw with Torino, as we led until the last 10 minutes when we were pegged back. The final game of the month was the most dramatic, as we scored twice in the last five minutes to ****** victory from the jaws of defeat.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE NEWS

1ST KNOCKOUT ROUND 1ST LEG
Arsenal 3-0 AC Milan
(-)
The first leg of the 1st knockout round was very disappointing as we were completely outclassed by what has to be called an average team. In hindsight, I probably would have signed players that were available for Europe, as Kucher, Semih Senturk and Toure were all ineligible. However, the team were very disappointing, and it will be an uphill battle to make to the quarter-finals.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Stephan El Shaarawy

View attachment 297269

Apps - 5, Goals - 3, Average Rating - 7.76
El Shaarawy has been a revelation this month, and has popped up with a few goals, which is always pleasing. He was the only player to get a 7 or above rating in every game. Other notable performance came from Robinho and Olexandr Kucher.

That's all for now everyone. The next post will be for the month of March, as we play very important Serie A fixtures, as well as the 2nd leg of the Champions League 1st Knockout Round against Arsenal. See ye then!!

Last edited:
like it so far.....to make it better you could try to make milan win the champions league 10 times...they are at 7 :)

for Emmanuelson on a co-ownership deal (can someone explain???)

This means that you have sold half of the rights to the player, and he will remain at that club for as long as the co-ownership contract has been set. Then, at the end of that contract, both owning parties must bid for the player, where the highest bid wins the full rights to that player and pays the other club.

This means that you have sold half of the rights to the player, and he will remain at that club for as long as the co-ownership contract has been set. Then, at the end of that contract, both owning parties must bid for the player, where the highest bid wins the full rights to that player and pays the other club.

This is one reason y i dont play in italy much as it does my head in,,but hopefully FM Addict will do better than the other Co Own club and sign him outright

This is one reason y i dont play in italy much as it does my head in,,but hopefully FM Addict will do better than the other Co Own club and sign him outright

I quite like it as a feature as you can make money this way, and it takes away the risk of selling a potential superstar as you can get them back quite easily. I found that in older versions, the CPU controlled teams often bidded nothing or very little at the end of the contract. It can be frustrating when you want to buy a co-owned player though, when one side isn't interested in selling or wants double the amount of the other team!

Thanks mate, he wasn't in my first team plans so it seemed like a good deal at the time. The other club is Juventus so it will be interesting to see if they decide to bid. I will be talking about my money problems in the next update, which may prevent me from signing him.

Next udpate will either by late tonight or early tomorrow, sorry for the delay! Had a match today so I have been very busy :p

Sorry for the delay ppl, the internet was messed up.. so updates will be up in the next 30mins

cool look forward..have u checked my 2nd coming of my champions league challenge

MARCH TO MAY REVIEW

LEAGUE

View attachment 298473View attachment 298474

The league was a mixed bag towards the end of the season. We went on a good runs and bad runs, but in the end, a 3rd place finish was probably just reward for our inconsistent form. I was very surprised that Juventus won by such a huge margin, despite us beating them at home and drawing away. Chievo were also very surprising, as they finished second. I was happy with performance of the team over the course of the season and so was the chairman as thankfully I was offered a new five-year deal.

I was very happy to sign this new deal, which will see me see out my tenure at Milan for the next five years.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 298476
The second leg against Arsenal was a good performance by Milan, but unfortunately we were not clinical enough and went out 3-1 on aggregate. Barcelona won the competition with a 2-1 win over shock finalists Galatasaray.

TRANSFERS

All loan players have returned to their clubs for the time being as we try and sort out the financial mishaps. Nigel De Jong and Mathieu Flamini will be leaving the club in the next few days, going to Porto and Lyon respectively. Pierre Michel Lasogga will be arriving soon, as I try to ship out Mbaye Niang on loan as he does not feature in my plans, but is a top player for the future.

FINANCE

The finances at the club are not good at the moment. I feel that I will have to sell a lot of players before I can buy any, which could put any chances of a title challenge on hold.

This is very worrying, and it does not look good for the close future.

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

The player of the season has to be Robinho, who has been a revelation since returning from injury in October.

Well done Robby!!!

That's all for now everyone. The next few posts will probably be news stories from throughout the summer. The first longer post will be of the pre-season. Sorry for the delay. Any suggestions are welcome!! See ye soon!!

cool look forward..have u checked my 2nd coming of my champions league challenge

Ya of course! Pity about the first one. I'd say Zidane was giving out too many headbutts haha!! As you can see by your time in charge of Milan, they are so inconsistent so this is a challenge and a half. If your champions league fails again (hope not!!!) you should try the Chelsea 7UP challenge. It is very hard and is only a season long, if you need something on the side. Simply try and win everything Chelsea are in! Good luck!

Ya of course! Pity about the first one. I'd say Zidane was giving out too many headbutts haha!! As you can see by your time in charge of Milan, they are so inconsistent so this is a challenge and a half. If your champions league fails again (hope not!!!) you should try the Chelsea 7UP challenge. It is very hard and is only a season long, if you need something on the side. Simply try and win everything Chelsea are in! Good luck!

aye it was a shame cos believe it or not i loved my time with feyanoord, but got sacked cos i applied for the liverpool job lol

aye it was a shame cos believe it or not i loved my time with feyanoord, but got sacked cos i applied for the liverpool job lol

Would you ever consider doing a feyenord save? especially because you loved your short stint so much??