ikke

Reaction score
I've searched, but didn't find any thread on this new (great) feature for fm11.
Anyway, I have a couple of questions about this new feature:

1) Does anyone know exactly how it works and what affects the progress? Cause i had players that improved on their individual training stat after just 2 months, while others have been training for over a year on an individual stat and haven't even increased one loosy point.

2) Is it better to focus on a players stat thats already very good to make it even better or to focus on a stat thats below average for his position. Example: if a winger has 18 dribbling and 9 pace, which one would you focus on? (Maybe not the best example cause a winger can dribble all he wants, he'll loose the ball if he doesn't get forward. But i suppose you get my point ^^))

3) Whats up with those individual movement and quickness trainings. oO) Which stats do they train? are they a sum of a couple of stats?

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Looks like im not the only one who knows sh*t about this new feature, judging by the reactions. lol

Last edited:
It may depend on the player's determination , i'm not sure if that attribute applies to the training though

That's actually a very interesting idea. Because a players work rate is already known to affect his training (so prob also his individual training focus). But determination could also apply to his training lvl

Yup, the training focus has been a revelation for me too. Extremely useful in getting a player better in an area you want without having to create a whole schedule. About your questions:
1. For me it works pretty well, I get what I want generally. I guess the success depends on, as people stated, determination, but I guess it's generally more useful for youngsters, who have a lot of potential left. That's my impression...

2. Just like you said, no point in developing his best stat if he has an obvious weakness. For me that's either composure or finishing with strikers (oddly enough the best regen potentials have extremely bad finishing/composure) or quickness for midfielders. And it works quite well...

3. As far as I understand, movement is for Off the ball and/or positioning. Quickness I believe is for both acceleration and pace, this I'm sure of because of I'm using this a lot...

I had a problem with that type of training. the game put 90% of the charge on the normal training and just 10% in the individual one, can i change that or not ?

And which stat i had to choose to develop the acceleration ?

i think its great but how can i change the workload of the training and how do i create my own ones i can't find anything to suggest how cheers.

I have a small question. Since there is no Tackling or Creativity Individual Training Focus, which one improves the two? Is it Marking or Positioning and Passing? Hope the question is clear enough

I had a problem with that type of training. the game put 90% of the charge on the normal training and just 10% in the individual one, can i change that or not ?

And which stat i had to choose to develop the acceleration ?

As far as I'm aware you can only change the match preparation workload, and when you do, the whole team is affected equally. No way to individualize the workload of individual training, just like there's no way of altering the workloads for new position or preferred move...

For acceleration you use quickness. This also trains pace, but they're obviously connected...

I have a small question. Since there is no Tackling or Creativity Individual Training Focus, which one improves the two? Is it Marking or Positioning and Passing? Hope the question is clear enough

The only way to develop tackling is to increase the defending training in a player's schedule, I don't think any of the individual focuses will have an effect...
Edit: I forgot about the creativity. It's covered by the attacking category.

Last edited:
Well that sucks. How can you have pointless training focuses like Corners and Penalties, but no Creativity and Taclking. Lame

Well that sucks. How can you have pointless training focuses like Corners and Penalties, but no Creativity and Taclking. Lame

Actually I believe this is quite realistic. You can give a person a ball and tell him to take corners and free kicks, and he'll get better at it.
But what can a player do to increase his creativity apart the usual training, actually passing to other players. The same goes for tackling, you need someone to tackle... :D

Actually I believe this is quite realistic. You can give a person a ball and tell him to take corners and free kicks, and he'll get better at it.
But what can a player do to increase his creativity apart the usual training, actually passing to other players. The same goes for tackling, you need someone to tackle... :D

You kinda have a point. But explain dribbling then. Do they just give him the ball and say, yeah, you just go run around some cones and there you go, the new Messi. Also, for Marking training, you need another player, right? Off the ball also, how do you train that?

You kinda have a point. But explain dribbling then. Do they just give him the ball and say, yeah, you just go run around some cones and there you go, the new Messi. Also, for Marking training, you need another player, right? Off the ball also, how do you train that?

Thought I'd get this. But realism once again :)
Dribbling: actually, yes, you run through cones
Marking: Since it's individual focus, not individual training, I see at as telling a player to do more of a certain thing. You can only tackle the player with the ball, whilst you can mark any player on the field. So that would be like telling someone to tightly mark anyone for the whole training.
Off the ball: Same reasoning, a coach can observe a player's movements and tell him what's he doing wrong or right...

In any case, I'm not saying there is no possibility of a flaw in my reasoning, but I simply see it realistic...

With the risk of being a pain in the ***: I understand your reasoning, but what about composure and balance? You hire a very scary goallie and let your player practice scoring? or you let your player walk a rope for balance?

Yup, the training focus has been a revelation for me too. Extremely useful in getting a player better in an area you want without having to create a whole schedule. About your questions:
1. For me it works pretty well, I get what I want generally. I guess the success depends on, as people stated, determination, but I guess it's generally more useful for youngsters, who have a lot of potential left. That's my impression...

2. Just like you said, no point in developing his best stat if he has an obvious weakness. For me that's either composure or finishing with strikers (oddly enough the best regen potentials have extremely bad finishing/composure) or quickness for midfielders. And it works quite well...

3. As far as I understand, movement is for Off the ball and/or positioning. Quickness I believe is for both acceleration and pace, this I'm sure of because of I'm using this a lot...
Hehe, picked up a regen with 17 finishing (H) only 11 composure though, he's lethal 6 in 8 so far.

With the risk of being a pain in the ***: I understand your reasoning, but what about composure and balance? You hire a very scary goallie and let your player practice scoring? or you let your player walk a rope for balance?

I'm quite liking the discussion actually. This might be FM2012 development on the spot XD
I believe that there are individual balance exercises. Again it's going through a special course. You can obviously make one player do that exercise more then the rest...
However composure is truly an oddity. It just might be you finally got me :D If it was my decision I'd put composure and finishing together.
But I try to look at the realistic aspect because I'm sure that's how SI approached that issue. I suppose there really are special exercises for composure... Something not necessarily on a pitch maybe, as composure is a general mental thing, not only in football.

Again I'm merely expressing an opinion, not trying to convince anyone ;)

Hehe, picked up a regen with 17 finishing (H) only 11 composure though, he's lethal 6 in 8 so far.

If you think that's bad, how about the striker with the best potential possibly in the continent, being generated with 16 Dribbling and Finishing, Solid Mental and Physical in general, but 8 composure ?!

Last edited:
I'm quite liking the discussion actually. This might be FM2012 development on the spot XD
I believe that there are individual balance exercises. Again it's going through a special course. You can obviously make one player do that exercise more then the rest...
However composure is truly an oddity. It just might be you finally got me :D If it was my decision I'd put composure and finishing together.
But I try to look at the realistic aspect because I'm sure that's how SI approached that issue. I suppose there really are special exercises for composure... Something not necessarily on a pitch maybe, as composure is a general mental thing, not only in football.

Again I'm merely expressing an opinion, not trying to convince anyone ;)
Prehaps being placed under pressure whilst doing an action, i.e. being closed down rapidly by a defender or goalie? I know that if you put yourself in awkward situations often you become de-sensitized and the situations no longer feel awkward, prehaps if you are under pressure alot you can de-sensitize and no longer feel under pressure.

Prehaps being placed under pressure whilst doing an action, i.e. being closed down rapidly by a defender or goalie? I know that if you put yourself in awkward situations often you become de-sensitized and the situations no longer feel awkward, prehaps if you are under pressure alot you can de-sensitize and no longer feel under pressure.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking of pretty much.

I do believe that there is some attributes in the game that you simply cannot train.
Mostly the Mental ones , I think either you have ' it ' or you don't .
I think this applies to the game and in real life

All very interesting stuff really :) And you are prob right when you say SI will have approached these issues as realistic as possible. But still they dropped the ball with some of them. As mentioned individual training for composure is an oddity. But if it's possible to train composure it then also shouldn't be impossible to train aspects like aggression, teamwork, anticipation, bravery etc.
But it might have to do something with gameplay aswell. To take your example: The best striker regen of his generation but with for instance only 2 for flair or decisions. If you could greatly improve him at that stat starting from a young age, you'll have a genuine one man show on the pitch, even more than Messi. Even Messi doesn't have perfect stats por his position.
But then again if you really have your superstriker with 8 composure as only weakness you CAN actually make him unbelievably good. So maybe my above arguement doesn't make a lot of sense :$