Injuries leading me to buy the editor

LDPLFC

Reaction score
I have just got Swindon promoted to the skybet championship.
After signing some top players on free transfers during the pre season let me go give you a
Run down on the injury list.

1. Nathan Thompson 7 weeks
2. Nathan Byrne 4 weeks
3. kasim 4 weeks
4. Foderingham 3 days
5. Brad smith 3 weeks
6. Jerome Sinclair 3 weeks
7. Luongo 3 weeks
8. Will Keane 5 weeks
9. Tyler Blackett 6 weeks

That's right...9 injuries
Now I set my training to very high in pre season but most of these were caused by something happening in training such as a nasty tackle/weight training.

Is it solely based on how heavy my training is? because this is ridiculous.
I'm starting to believe a conspiracy that they do it so you are forced to buy the editor which I don't mind paying for, just can't be *****.

I found in FM14 it was the same as well.

Thanks,
LDP

I had low training intensity coupled with very high individual training (I do heavy fitness training in pre-season) and I saw a similar number of injuries. Most were picked up during games. I don't think it's an issue with training as such but an issue with the game as countless people suffer injury problems.

[h=1]SWINDON TOWN: VIDEO: Cooper discusses injuries ahead of Wycombe visit[/h]http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/10801937.VIDEO__Cooper_discusses_injuries_ahead_of_Wycombe_visit/

Swindon Town FC | Swindon Adver - November 12, 2013 - 07:19
SWINDON Town manager Mark Cooper discusses his 12-strong injury list ahead of the Robins' Johnstone's Paint Trophy southern section area quarter-final tie against Wycombe this evening.

Seems like with 9 injuries vs his 12, your swindon side actually had something like this happen in real life..

I bought the in-game editor once the game officially released. Its very convenient. And its useful when doing saves for fun with no realism intended.

Good lord. Another one.

You set your training to very high and got quite a few training injuries, so you bought the editor?

1 + 1 = 5

My training workload was medium and I was getting an average of two knocks a game during one spell.

If it is training causing injuries then feedback on this is an area the game can improve on. Every other aspect of the game seems to have become easier to manage, but training still seems very opaque. The one piece of feedback I get is that playerX thinks his training is too heavy, funny thing is that it's not playerX getting injured.

Good lord. Another one.

You set your training to very high and got quite a few training injuries, so you bought the editor?

1 + 1 = 5

Did you read my post?

I haven't got a few injuries I have 9 in pre-season alone.
I haven't bought the editor yet but feel I have no choice as their seems to be a contestant pattern of injury after injury.

I appreciate realism, I embrace I, but I seem to have them all the time and wanted to know if I could avoid having 90% of my team injured, not much to ask for.

So don't be a ****

Quote from someone on the SI forums (not an employee):

"SI have said nothing has changed with injuries this year, and while that might be true for the injury count itself, I do think on this year's version that injuries are more reactive to the decisions you make in training and on matchdays than they've ever been before, and this is why people are experiencing a higher than average number.

Basically, the game is now working as it should in regards to this, whereas in previous versions you could get away with much more squad negligence.

Another step from a game to a simulation then, and you can understand why some people will be uncomfortable with this. Me, I think it's a great move."

I'm starting to believe a conspiracy that they do it so you are forced to buy the editor which I don't mind paying for, just can't be *****.

LOL. I've read some stupid things on this forum but almost tops the lot.

I'm curious here ? you got your pre season set you very high, ( this means hard phyiscal training) now your moaning your getting injuries.

use your logic here even the premiership gets injuries in real life take sturridge for example to much training for england - injured

I'm curious here ? you got your pre season set you very high, ( this means hard phyiscal training) now your moaning your getting injuries.

use your logic here even the premiership gets injuries in real life take sturridge for example to much training for england - injured

In my post I also asked if it was solely down to this, you may have potentially answered my question. Thank you

Quote from someone on the SI forums (not an employee):

"SI have said nothing has changed with injuries this year, and while that might be true for the injury count itself, I do think on this year's version that injuries are more reactive to the decisions you make in training and on matchdays than they've ever been before, and this is why people are experiencing a higher than average number.

Basically, the game is now working as it should in regards to this, whereas in previous versions you could get away with much more squad negligence.

Thank you

As for my conspiracy theory I'm still standing by this lol ;)

Another step from a game to a simulation then, and you can understand why some people will be uncomfortable with this. Me, I think it's a great move."

LOL. I've read some stupid things on this forum but almost tops the lot.

Did you read my post?

I haven't got a few injuries I have 9 in pre-season alone.
I haven't bought the editor yet but feel I have no choice as their seems to be a contestant pattern of injury after injury.

I appreciate realism, I embrace I, but I seem to have them all the time and wanted to know if I could avoid having 90% of my team injured, not much to ask for.

So don't be a ****
I won't be a ****, if you'd stop being thick.

You set the training to very high, then you noticed many players getting injured in training. Does this not cause you to think to set training to something lower than very high? The players aren't match fit yet and you're running them into the ground!

I won't be a ****, if you'd stop being thick.

You set the training to very high, then you noticed many players getting injured in training. Does this not cause you to think to set training to something lower than very high? The players aren't match fit yet and you're running them into the ground!

So why didn't you just reply saying that instead?
I asked if me setting training as very high was the sole reason to my injuries. Instead of replying you just come back answering wrongly to my question

So why didn't you just reply saying that instead?
I asked if me setting training as very high was the sole reason to my injuries. Instead of replying you just come back answering wrongly to my question
I didn't answer your question wrong.

I tried to get you to think, since you aren't doing that.

You set training to very high leading to many training (9) injuries. YOU noticed it too! YOU said so in the first post! So how do you dream up conspiracy theories and feeling forced to buy the editor when it is crystal clear that your training is to blame here?

I didn't answer your question wrong.

I tried to get you to think, since you aren't doing that.

You set training to very high leading to many training (9) injuries. YOU noticed it too! YOU said so in the first post! So how do you dream up conspiracy theories and feeling forced to buy the editor when it is crystal clear that your training is to blame here?

I was clearly thinking but just wanted to double check with others before reducing my training, instead I get a sarcastic reply from a snotty **** like you

:D

Maybe I get a cut from SI forcing you to buy the editor with this fake injury crisis.

Last edited:
:D

Maybe I get a cut from SI forcing you to buy the editor with this fake injury crisis.

Where do I sign up? I'd love to get paid to be sarcastic, that's probably the one job I'd enjoy and be good at.