Sure, starting threads just to unleash some text lines with no support of a save game file or a pkm file is not helpful at all. The issue is there, it was also in previous editions and was fixed at the official release date or some next patch. But being fixed people would assume that it doesn't become a problem when a new FM comes out.

The problem is, every edition of FM has the same complaints. Google it, you'll see. Every version there are cries about too many injuries, bad finishing, biased games toward the AI. You'd think that it's a new thing. It isn't. SI won't be changing something because a few are crying injuries. They will need save game evidence unless they find a problem themselves.

You're right, I should cater my training to each individual to best suit his needs and fitness. Oh, wait. I still can't do that anymore. Regrettably when Wayne Rooney is lacking shooting accuracy, the entire team has to train the ambiguously labelled 'attacking'.

Considering all my injuries have come from matches and not training, its a bit of a leap to assume it my training schedule, which I'd also like to point out is always set to team cohesion during preseason anyway. They get 45 minutes a game.

As for bug reports, i've filed reports for definite bugs but, I don't know if it is a bug or intended, there have been editions of FM where players were nearly indestructible so can see why they've increased it but it seems, at least to me, a tad exessive when you play 4 preseasons saves and finish each one with over half of your first choice 11 out to injuries caused during 45 minute friendlies.

It's no leap to assume it could be training. You might be over or under training them and it shows in matches when they get injured. It could still be that you're over playing unfit players. It could be anything, but with no details, we're left to guess.

You're right, I should cater my training to each individual to best suit his needs and fitness. Oh, wait. I still can't do that anymore. Regrettably when Wayne Rooney is lacking shooting accuracy, the entire team has to train the ambiguously labelled 'attacking'.

Considering all my injuries have come from matches and not training, its a bit of a leap to assume it my training schedule, which I'd also like to point out is always set to team cohesion during preseason anyway. They get 45 minutes a game.

As for bug reports, i've filed reports for definite bugs but, I don't know if it is a bug or intended, there have been editions of FM where players were nearly indestructible so can see why they've increased it but it seems, at least to me, a tad exessive when you play 4 preseasons saves and finish each one with over half of your first choice 11 out to injuries caused during 45 minute friendlies.

You might need to read up on what the general training does, as this bit shows you don't understand what it actually does.

The problem is, every edition of FM has the same complaints. Google it, you'll see. Every version there are cries about too many injuries, bad finishing, biased games toward the AI. You'd think that it's a new thing. It isn't. SI won't be changing something because a few are crying injuries. They will need save game evidence unless they find a problem themselves.

I know that as I also know most complains about tactics are just, well, bad tactics (example: a player who comes close to receive a pass from a short corner and it's being man-marked it's not bad tactics or bad training or whatever bad UI, it's a flaw in the game, players not respecting set pieces it's also another flaw). Other details aren't but it's in best interest for all of us to support the complains, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Did you miss the part that you can put Rooney on a shooting training while General Training is set, for example, for Ball Control and that Rooney will spend a percentage of time training is shooting attribute at the same he'll be training a percentage time of Ball Control as the rest of the team ????

I know that as I also know most complains about tactics are just, well, bad tactics. Other details aren't but it's in best interest for all of us to support the complains, that's for sure.

Ha! Probably your first post I agree with. :p

I've started a save with Manchester City, and I haven't really had any problems (7 matches in)

Hart- No injuries

Kolarov- 2 week injury, 2-7 day injury
Kompany- 2-7 day injury
Mangala- No injury
Zabaleta-No injury

Lampard- No injury
Toure- 10 day injury
Navas- No injury
Silva- 2-7 day injury
Nasri- 2 week injury

Aguero- 2-7 day injury

So overall, lot's of really short term injuries where I need to rotate a player out for one or two matches. I can't see any sort of problem in my save.

I do various training and get a lot of players injured

I'm completely tired of them.
It's not realistic at all...
I get 2-3 injuries per week. I got luck that they've been 5-10 injuries.
I did lose Peruzzi for 5 weeks because he can't lift weight.

It's completely f!cked.

They only thing I can attribute it to is the intensity of the trainning I have my team on. But how can I get my tactics to get going if I don't have a high trainning workload?

Just moronic...

It seems there are a ton of injuries that link to weight lifting, I've had 2 injuries at the same time due to weight lifting ON GAME day, how does that make sense?

I'm completely tired of them.
It's not realistic at all...
I get 2-3 injuries per week. I got luck that they've been 5-10 injuries.
I did lose Peruzzi for 5 weeks because he can't lift weight.

It's completely f!cked.

They only thing I can attribute it to is the intensity of the trainning I have my team on. But how can I get my tactics to get going if I don't have a high trainning workload?

Just moronic...

What does high intensity have to do with getting your tactics "going"?

Do you have your team training on High then? Any Individual Training? Where's your match prep training slider set? Any rest before or after games?

Injuries have been getting worse since FM10, SI themselves that injuries were nowhere near bad enough during the FM Live beta and true to their word they've increased it in spades.

Always good to see Boozad's annual post on the forum!

Can't say i've experienced this myself, seems to be a problem with others!.

What does high intensity have to do with getting your tactics "going"?

Do you have your team training on High then? Any Individual Training? Where's your match prep training slider set? Any rest before or after games?

All my players have light personal trainning but in my new save I'm trying a very fluid tactic so I'm having them focused train on tactics at a high intensity, hence their workload is heavy. And I give them rest before and after games. Mysteriously, however, it is during those 4 days of training that all **** breaks loose.
This is the only realistic answer I can come up with to rationalize so many injuries, which is absolutely absurd and very rarely do we see it in football.
I don't know how many "Down to Bare Bones" news headlines I've read already, and we haven't even finished the first month of football.

All my players have light personal trainning but in my new save I'm trying a very fluid tactic so I'm having them focused train on tactics at a high intensity, hence their workload is heavy. And I give them rest before and after games. Mysteriously, however, it is during those 4 days of training that all **** breaks loose.
This is the only realistic answer I can come up with to rationalize so many injuries, which is absolutely absurd and very rarely do we see it in football.
I don't know how many "Down to Bare Bones" news headlines I've read already, and we haven't even finished the first month of football.

Tactical training has nothing to do with your tactics. Match prep training on Match Tactics trains your tactics. So there's no need to have it on High.

When you hit your injury spell, every how many days did you play a game? Could you list the dates?

Also, where's the Match Prep slider set at?

I get heaps (lost a few players within the first 2 preseason friendlies to injuries that last at least 3 months). But I play as Arsenal so I just assume they're just being realistic.

Tactical training has nothing to do with your tactics. Match prep training on Match Tactics trains your tactics. So there's no need to have it on High.

When you hit your injury spell, every how many days did you play a game? Could you list the dates?

Also, where's the Match Prep slider set at?

Sorry, but what's the difference between my weekly trainning and my match preparation then? In all my years playing FM I've always operated under the assumption that having your focus on tactics, your team will have an easier time understanding the new system and on match day you focus on a specific aspect ("defensive positioning", for example).

My sliders are one extra to the left (more match training).

My injury spell was a week before the season started, where I lost Peruzzi, Mané, Romero, Ward, and Tadic in the span of 3 days.