• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard is ruled out for the rest of the season with a groin injury.

More...

Hmm, fishy.. One day Barton claims he's the best midfielder in England, the next, Gerrard is out for the season.. Barton rageing?

Last edited:
Barton also claimed Gerrard was always injured...

I'm starting to think that guy know what he's talking about...

Barton also claimed Gerrard was always injured...

I'm starting to think that guy know what he's talking about...
He also said Lampard was on his last legs, don't be surprised if he loses a leg somehow

Don't worry people, we have the ever reliable Lucas :D

Meh, Retire from England now Steven. Your not what England needs and lets be honest, Concentrate on Liverpool, they need you more.

Meh, Retire from England now Steven. Your not what England needs and lets be honest, Concentrate on Liverpool, they need you more.

This is what I keep saying. He plays for England, and gets nothing but stick when he's been one of England's best players for 10-odd years.

He is no doubt still the best English midfielder we have. :/

Wilshere, Barton, Cattermole, Parker are the type of players that should be playing, the ones that put everything into a game

Wilshere, Barton, Cattermole, Parker are the type of players that should be playing, the ones that put everything into a game

its not just abut putting everything into a game. there is a lot more to it than that

Cattermole shouldnt be anywhere near the squad till he can learn to stay on the pitch

These were alwasy going to catch up with him, hes always had problems with injuries right from teh start of his career, and now he has to decide if he can adapt his game style to lengthen his career, england or not

This is what I keep saying. He plays for England, and gets nothing but stick when he's been one of England's best players for 10-odd years.

I am not saying he hasnt been a great servant for England, But it is time for change. We are now playing Wilshere in the middle, and long may that continue. Steven is what 30+ now, He is not what we need. Let players like Wilshere grow into the role now.

He is no doubt still the best English midfielder we have. :/

That again is debatable, He is 30+ he is on the decline, he is getting injured a lot now, for his sake and englands maybe Retiring is the way forward.

You see, this is why Gerrard should retire internationally, no point playing when people like you say something like that. Not appreciated at all, is he.

its not just abut putting everything into a game. there is a lot more to it than that

Cattermole shouldnt be anywhere near the squad till he can learn to stay on the pitch

These were alwasy going to catch up with him, hes always had problems with injuries right from teh start of his career, and now he has to decide if he can adapt his game style to lengthen his career, england or not

True, but I would like to see some players play that don't earn massive wages, players who play their heart out cos they are playing for their country.

You see, this is why Gerrard should retire internationally, no point playing when people like you say something like that. Not appreciated at all, is he.

appreciated by those who watch the game, if his body can take it i'd keep him till 2012, wilshere could learn a lot from him. doesnt need t o play every game, but he is a match winner, and you dot just toss them by the wayside before they are done

Every player loves to play the game... They put in 100% every time.

True, but I would like to see some players play that don't earn massive wages, players who play their heart out cos they are playing for their country.

that makes no sense, terry, massive massive wage, plays his heart out, rooney massive wage plays his heart out,
ashley cole, even derided by england fans, massive wage yet one of ur most consistent players.

Every player puts in 100%, just some people are too clueless to realise it.

Don't get me wrong, he does put everything into a game, but he is 30, playing champions league/Uefa is likely next year, it might be hard for him to put 100 percent in everytime

Back