Injury-hit Gerrard out for season

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 3K
Come on, we both know that's not true.

We both know, there isnt one player in that England Team who doesnt put in 100% every game, just because some times it doesnt look like they arent trying, doesnt mean they arent.

that makes no sense, terry, massive massive wage, plays his heart out, rooney massive wage plays his heart out,
ashley cole, even derided by england fans, massive wage yet one of ur most consistent players.

I said players who don't have massive wages, not player with massive wages don't play their heart out, I just wanna see some more mid table talent.

I said players who don't have massive wages, not player with massive wages don't play their heart out, I just wanna see some more mid table talent.

Rather then the best player..? Your so clueless.

thats completely pointless, they should be there on ability (form/class; you need both). Jarvis was right to be called up becuase his performances merited a call up

Not everyone risks getting injured like those guys

really, go tell john terry next time he throws his head in front of someone's boot for Nth time, or Rooney when he tracks back 65 yards and hurls himself in front of the attacker

thats completely pointless, they should be there on ability (form/class; you need both). Jarvis was right to be called up becuase his performances merited a call up
I maybe haven't worded my posts correctly, my point is, I don't know why Capello doesn't give these players a chance instead of playing the Golden Oldies, thats all.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

really, go tell john terry next time he throws his head in front of someone's boot for Nth time, or Rooney when he tracks back 65 yards and hurls himself in front of the attacker
Thats 2 players, not many

I maybe haven't worded my posts correctly, my point is, I don't know why Capello doesn't give these players a chance instead of playing the Golden Oldies, thats all.

well wilshere is actually the new star, parker is playing; cattermole cant stay on the pitch long enough without getting carded, and atm he is unwilling to gamble on bartons temprament

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Thats 2 players, not many

thats 2 examples against you very flawed argument

well wilshere is actually the new star, parker is playing; cattermole cant stay on the pitch long enough without getting carded, and atm he is unwilling to gamble on bartons temprament

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

thats 2 examples against you very flawed argument

Can you think of anymore?

Maybe he will start risking Barton after his recent comments.

You see, this is why Gerrard should retire internationally, no point playing when people like you say something like that. Not appreciated at all, is he.

about to put up an article thats quite relevant to this, think you'll like it

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Can you think of anymore?

Maybe he will start risking Barton after his recent comments.

no he wont, becuase "throwing yourself about" isnt a reason to called upto the england sqaud.

You think other countries players arent willing to put themselves in a challenge?

about to put up an article thats quite relevant to this, think you'll like it

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

no he wont, becuase "throwing yourself about" isnt a reason to called upto the england sqaud.

You think other countries players arent willing to put themselves in a challenge?

Not at all, but us not having enough could of been our downfall at the world cup

I don't think some of the England first teamers (Barry, Lampard) are good enough anymore

You didnt say that know, You said you wanted the more mid table talent, when we should just be aiming for the best players...

Lampard is good enough btw.

You didnt say that know, You said you wanted the more mid table talent, when we should just be aiming for the best players...

Lampard is good enough btw.

Cattermole, Barton, Jarvis, Bent, Parker all come from mid-table/bottom half teams

Cattermole, Barton, Jarvis, Bent, Parker all come from mid-table/bottom half teams

yeah they all are good players, but for every cattermole i will point at a carrick or Barry( who are just as good) or every jarvis there is a lennon, for a bent there is a rooney. Parker is the exception but even at 30. rodwell will be challenging him very soon, and if Hargreaves is fit, would parker get into the starting team.

yeah they all are good players, but for every cattermole i will point at a carrick or Barry( who are just as good) or every jarvis there is a lennon, for a bent there is a rooney. Parker is the exception but even at 30. rodwell will be challenging him very soon, and if Hargreaves is fit, would parker get into the starting team.
Good point, I agree with that, but its not often enough, I don't feel, that we rotate

Good point, I agree with that, but its not often enough, I don't feel, that we rotate

The Problem is we dont play many international games, and players need to build up bonds and partnerships. it is not like club level where you play 50 games a season, so a CB pairing might play together for 35 matches.

The Problem is we dont play many international games, and players need to build up bonds and partnerships. it is not like club level where you play 50 games a season, so a CB pairing might play together for 35 matches.
Ok, maybe I will have to wait a year or two, when Lampard and Gerrard retire, to see my beloved Mid table players lol

Ok, maybe I will have to wait a year or two, when Lampard and Gerrard retire, to see my beloved Mid table players lol

and by then, The Mid table younger players, will improve enough to be signed by bigger clubs to replace the likes of Gerrard and Lampard. and the mid table clubs will bring through younger players to replace these, hence the cycles begins again.

Back