Inter Milan v Barcelona [First Leg - Giuseppe Meazza]

I think people, myself included, underestimated Inter tonight because of Barcelona's recent performances and generally disregarded them.

Fair play to Mourinho though... he's doing it again. I do think he'll need more than a 3 - 1 lead to take with him to Spain though.

Completely agree. I had this one down as 1-0 Barca and then 3-1 Barca at Camp Nou. Excellent play from Inter tonight.

I think people, myself included, underestimated Inter tonight because of Barcelona's recent performances and generally disregarded them.

Fair play to Mourinho though... he's doing it again. I do think he'll need more than a 3 - 1 lead to take with him to Spain though.

Thankfully I didn't underestimate them. If you're a player, or an opposing manager, underestimating Mourinho is possibly the biggest mistake you can make.

plus barca must be shattered from driving to inter!

Nah. Excuses. They're the best team in the world. A long drive is gonna unhinge that? They've got to own up to the fact that they just haven't played well tonight.

I get more tired being a passenger during a long journey than I do when doing pretty much anything else.

I get more tired being a passenger during a long journey than I do when doing pretty much anything else.

Same, I'm sure the last thing they want to do when getting off a coach is play football. But take nothing away from Inter, Mourinho has been tactically spot on and they deserve to win this. Barcelona look rattled and I'd like to see a fourth so that they'll have to chase the game in the Nou Camp. Should be a great return leg :)

Why is every one giving sympathy to Barca because of their coach trip? note that fulham and liverpool also have to travel by coach and possibly boat so do england cricket team and so did Newcasle yesterday

PENALT- oh wait, Alves just having a dive. And getting a card. Wow.

Mourinho has proved why he is one of the greatest managers in the modern era. You don't just do that to Barca.

it will be interesting to see the second leg at the nou camp .. that will be a great game

Great performance by Inter, they will be no mugs at Camp Nou either, they showed they take no prisoners at Stamford Bridge, I think it will be very tough for Barca to come back from this. Inter's defence will be solid in the return leg.

Dani Alves deserves no less. From what I've heard this is the only time he hasn't dived. ^^)

Hope barca lose at camp nou and inter win the champions league! Mourinho for next Utd manager

Great performance by Inter, they will be no mugs at Camp Nou either, they showed they take no prisoners at Stamford Bridge, I think it will be very tough for Barca to come back from this. Inter's defence will be solid in the return leg.

it'll be Chelsea - Barca all over again. Boring as **** football game where the monotony's only broken by **** refeering.

it'll be Chelsea - Barca all over again. Boring as **** football game where the monotony's only broken by **** refeering.

Maybe, I imagine Barca will chuck everything at them next week, Inter will play 4-4-1-1 with Eto'o and Sneijder attempting to hit them on the counter attack. I think Barca would of been better off playing Toure instead of Keita today because he plays a lot deeper and offer much more protection to the defence.

Not enough contact to call a penalty. You can clearly see Sneijder was trying to avoid Alves. He (Sneijder) had his legs apart even, Alves just took a dive.

I hope people don't use the 'travelling by coach' excuse (Barca knew well in hand they had to) because Mourinho and his team were superior all night.

Last edited: