Inter Milan v Tottenham Hotspur [20/10/10 - 19:45 ITV]

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
FC_Internazionale_logo.png

v.

422910_Tottenham_Hotspur_Logo.png

Inter Milan v Tottenham Preview: Two Strikers With a Point to Prove

This is the clash Tottenham have been anticipating since the draw for the group stages was made two months ago - a trip to face the European champions at their famous San Siro stadium.

Spurs were hoping for famous evenings against heavyweights of the Champions League and this fixture fits the bill, with plenty of sub-plots to make sure there is added spice.

Peter Crouch and Robbie Keane found their chances limited at times under Rafael Benitez when they were at Liverpool, so they will be determined to make an impression.

Benitez spent six years at Anfield and won Europe's top club prize but in his last season he dropped out of the Premier League top four - with Spurs replacing them - and suffered an early Champions League exit.

Given the chaos at Liverpool this season, Benitez appears to have made a wise choice by joining Inter. But there is still a feeling he has to prove himself as the right man to replace Jose Mourinho after his historic treble last season.

Key Match-up: Eto'o v William Gallas: Eto'o is in superb goalscoring form, compensating for the injury to Diego Milito. He already has four Champions League goals and has been in good form in domestic competition. Gallas is back from a groin injury and provides experience in Spurs' defence following injuries to Ledley King and Michael Dawson, with Jonathan Woodgate a long-term absentee. Gallas was a controversial move after playing for rivals Arsenal - but he has proved vital.

Odds: Inter 7/10, Tottenham 4/1, Draw 11/4

I'd eagerly chomp your arm off at this moment if you offered me a draw from this fixture. It's going to be extremely challenging I think, with Eto'o in supreme form and no short of confidence while he revels in his central role. I don't feel that we have enough firepower to compete with them on that front.

With King, Dawson and Woodgate, obviously, still absent, we may struggle defensively with Gallas and Bassong looking like the most likely partnership at the back. I would opt for Kaboul in right-back position personally, as he seems the most solid option at the moment, and let Bale know he might need to track back more than usual to help BAE out on the left.

For my prediction, I am going to go with 2-1 to the champions. A good performance by us overall, but our lack of firepower to ultimately let us down.

Last edited:
Gunna be wearing my Inter top down to the pub tomorrow night, probs get in some fights with some yids.

3-0 inter.

Put my tenner on Inter this morning.

Inter will win,but I'll be happy if we score a goal or two

EDIT: Prediction :p

Inter 2-0 Spurs

Last edited:
Isn't Van der Vaart suspended because he got sent off against Twente?

Have a feeling Inter are going to walk all over Spurs..

Inter 3-0 Spurs.

EDIT: Also, isn't this match tomorrow not tonight?

Last edited:
FC_Internazionale_logo.png

v.

422910_Tottenham_Hotspur_Logo.png

I'd eagerly chomp your arm off at this moment if you offered me a draw from this fixture. It's going to be extremely challenging I think, with Eto'o in supreme form and no short of confidence while he revels in his central role. I don't feel that we have enough firepower to compete with them on that front, but I am betting Rafael van der Vaart is the Dutchman who comes out on top, performance-wise, against his compatriot Wesley Sneijder tonight. VDV will be looking to prove his worth on every stage possible, to get the bigger clubs eager again, and I think he'll have a good performance tonight regardless of our result.

With King, Dawson and Woodgate, obviously, still absent, we may struggle defensively with Gallas and Bassong looking like the most likely partnership at the back. I would opt for Kaboul in right-back position personally, as he seems the most solid option at the moment, and let Bale know he might need to track back more than usual to help BAE out on the left.

For my prediction, I am going to go with 2-1 to the champions. A good performance by us overall, but our lack of firepower to ultimately let us down.

That's why I wasn't sure.

We are going to get our arses handed to us. Then again Rafa is in charge.

Tragic, I forgot his ******* red card against Twente.

Argh! I change my prediction to 2-0.

Edit* Sorted DMF.

Really looking forward to this. would love to see spurs get something, but think it will be 3-1 inter

Eto'o in form against a make-shift Tottenham defence?

I'd like to see Tottenham do well, as I've got a soft spot for them.

2-1 to Internazionale , Samuel Eto'o 2x, and Pavlyuchenko for Tottenham

Bale versus Maicon will be a good battle.

I'm thinking 2-1 Inter. They're not a high-scoring team (watch that come back to bite me in the **** tomorrow lol) and they don't play against teams like Spurs every week (attack, attack, attack) in the chess-like Serie A, so it could be a very interesting match.

Last edited:
Im glad i will get to watch this thanks to the early kickoff in Russia. I think it will finish 3-0 to Inter Eto'o with 2 and Sneijder with the other.

Im glad i will get to watch this thanks to the early kickoff in Russia. I think it will finish 3-0 to Inter Eto'o with 2 and Sneijder with the other.

This match is tomorrow. Chelsea is tonight.