Inter Milan v Tottenham Hotspur [20/10/10 - 19:45 ITV]

Confirmed Inter squad for tomorrow's match -

Goalkeepers: 1 Julio Cesar, 12 Luca Castellazzi, 21 Paolo Orlandoni.
Defenders: 2 Ivan Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 6 Lucio, 13 Maicon, 23 Marco Materazzi, 25 Walter Samuel, 26 Cristian Chivu, 39 Davide Santon.
Midfielders: 5 Dejan Stankovic, 8 Thiago Motta, 10 Wesley Sneijder, 11 Sulley Muntari, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 20 Joel Obi, 29 Coutinho.
Strikers: 9 Samuel Eto'o, 27 Goran Pandev, 88 Ludovic Biabiany.

Kaboul is Injured Billy :S

Cant see us coming away with anything tomorrow, mainly because of our injuries, but would be thrilled with a draw :)

How can Spurs get a result against Inter in Milan? Opta offer five routes to victory.

Tottenham head to Internazionale tonight with the two sides level on points at the top of Group A in the Champions League. However the current title-holders are likely to prove the stiffest competition Spurs have faced so far, and with this in mind Opta offer five tips as to how they can make the most of their trip to Italy.

1. Mark Samuel Eto’o out of the game.
The former Barcelona hitman has scored four goals in the Champions League this season with just four shots, meaning his opportunities on the ball should be as limited as possible.
2. Watch out for Inter’s attacks through the middle.
No side has attempted fewer crosses than Inter in the Champions League this season (17) as they look to pass their way into shooting positions.
3. Use their aerial advantage.
Spurs have won a higher proportion of their aerial duels than any Champions League side this season (75%), while the Italians have won only 44%.
4. Take control of the match.
Rather than trying to catch their opponents on the break, Spurs should attempt to assert themselves over Inter: the last three teams to beat them on their own turf all had over 50% of possession (Bayern Munich, Liverpool and, most recently, Panathinaikos).
5. Practice set pieces.
Three of the five goals Inter have conceded in the league and Champions League this season have come from set pieces (two corners and a throw-in).

How can Spurs get a result against Inter in Milan? Opta offer five routes to victory.

Tottenham head to Internazionale tonight with the two sides level on points at the top of Group A in the Champions League. However the current title-holders are likely to prove the stiffest competition Spurs have faced so far, and with this in mind Opta offer five tips as to how they can make the most of their trip to Italy.

1. Mark Samuel Eto’o out of the game.
The former Barcelona hitman has scored four goals in the Champions League this season with just four shots, meaning his opportunities on the ball should be as limited as possible.
2. Watch out for Inter’s attacks through the middle.
No side has attempted fewer crosses than Inter in the Champions League this season (17) as they look to pass their way into shooting positions.
3. Use their aerial advantage.
Spurs have won a higher proportion of their aerial duels than any Champions League side this season (75%), while the Italians have won only 44%.
4. Take control of the match.
Rather than trying to catch their opponents on the break, Spurs should attempt to assert themselves over Inter: the last three teams to beat them on their own turf all had over 50% of possession (Bayern Munich, Liverpool and, most recently, Panathinaikos).
5. Practice set pieces.
Three of the five goals Inter have conceded in the league and Champions League this season have come from set pieces (two corners and a throw-in).

They forgot the most important and the only way to beat Inter, score more goals than them :p

So excited for Maicon vs Bale, though I hope Bale realises that Maicon will look to attack him just as much too.

So excited for Maicon vs Bale, though I hope Bale realises that Maicon will look to attack him just as much too.

So is keeper Gomes according to reports. Just hope it lives up to its billing.

Samuel Eto'o v William Gallas

Inter coach Rafa Benitez will be looking to Cameroonian international Samuel Eto'o to provide Inter with goals on Wednesday. Eto'o has been in excellent form all season long and netted the only goal of the match in Inter's away match against Cagliari at the weekend to illustrate his outstanding form.

However, it won't be an easy game for Eto'o this weekend, as he will have to deal with one of the most experienced defenders around in the Champions League. Former France international William Gallas has previously worn the jerseys of Chelsea and Arsenal and the versatile defender will be determined to prove his worth for Tottenham as well.

Wesley Sneijder v Tom Huddlestone

Sneijder has been the man behind pretty much every dangerous Inter attack since his arrival from Real Madrid in the summer of 2009 and the Netherlands international will be eager to show his class with yet another fine performance against Tottenham Hotspur. The gifted playmaker is one of the best passers around and he could cause the Tottenham goalie some serious problems with his long range strikes.

Huddlestone will be fully aware of the Dutchman's threat though and the midfielder will do his utmost to frustrate Sneijder's attempts to direct play from midfield. The England International will not just enter the pitch to keep his direct opponent at bay though, but will have his say on Tottenham's build-up play as well with his long passes from midfield.

Maicon v Gareth Bale

Maicon is still considered to be on the best full-backs around, but the Brazil international has been struggling a bit to find his best form in the 2010-11 season. His collapsed move to Real Madrid has undoubtedly affected the right back's form and he will need to be fully concentrated when Inter take on Spurs on Wednesday if he is to keep Gareth Bale quiet.

The Welsh winger has made the step from promising youngster to indispensable first team member this season and has already shown what he's capable of in the opening weeks of the season. Bale previously scored in his side's Champions League win over Twente and the young midfielder will be eager to add to his personal tally at San Siro.

Lucio v Peter Crouch

Inter have one of the strongest defensive duos in Europe with Walter Samuel and Lucio and the Brazilian centre-back in particular is considered to be a world class centre-back. The former Bayern Munich defender has been solid as a rock at the back this season and is always a threat going forward too. Lucio awaits a difficult test on Wednesday though when he will meet Crouch.

The towering striker has often been criticised, but has developed into a key player at Spurs. Crouch played a major role in his side's first ever Champions League win against Twente and the striker will be looking to put in yet another fine performance in Italy. The attacker has yet to score his first goal of the Premier League season, but Crouch certainly has what it takes to trouble the Inter back-line

Last edited:
4-0 inter

oh and billy here's the new inter badge

200px-Internazionale.svg.png

I think Inter will take it 3:1

Probably go 2:0 up before the 65th min, slow down, Tottenham will pull one back then get hit on the counter trying to find the equiliser..

Inter 3-0 Spurs

Got to support Rafa so hope Inter win :)

It's going to be a tough game for Spurs, without Ledley to steady the ship at the back.

Harry's down to his bare bones for his starting 11, so i'm going for a 1-0 win to Inter, or 1-1 draw.

Come on your Spurs!

4-0 inter

oh and billy here's the new inter badge

I know that's the new Inter badge Calum, Google was kind enough to provide a few examples of it. I just prefer the one I used. You may also notice it's the one in my avatar.

Well I won't be surprised if Spurs cause problems to Inter tonight, to be honest.
We'll see.

I don't like Rafa, I suppose that's a added spice.

tough match,i think we will have troubles in defence,it would be hard to stop Eto'o but we can score on counter

W/out VDV - I'm going for 3-1 Inter. Eto'o's pace will be too much to handle I think, and Bale must be at his absolute best, both going forward and tracking back.

Somehow I doubt it :S

Bitter that were in the Champions League, and that you'll be playing Scunthorpe next season? :)

how can he be bitter? West Ham wherent even close, he simply wants you to lose.