International Friendly Thread

What Game You Watching ?

• Wales V Luxemborg SKY SPORTS 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Torres is only 27, and im sure he will score three goals by the time he retires. Also Hierro is the third top scorer for the national team behind only Raul and David Villa, so many have fallen behind this record.

He may score, but i was comparing the number of games too.. Hierro has a better goal/game ratio than Torres.

And also Morientes scored more goals than Torres in nearly 40 less games.

And both have played for disjointed Spain, they didnt have the luxury of Xavi, Iniesta, David Silva,

He may score, but i was comparing the number of games too.. Hierro has a better goal/game ratio than Torres.

And also Morientes scored more goals than Torres in nearly 40 less games.

And both have played for disjointed Spain, they didnt have the luxury of Xavi, Iniesta, David Silva,

He may, you meant he will. ;)
correct me if im wrong but im sure that Morientes played with Xavi :S
and i admit Morientes and Hierro have great goal/game ratios for spain.

He may, you meant he will. ;)
correct me if im wrong but im sure that Morientes played with Xavi :S
and i admit Morientes and Hierro have great goal/game ratios for spain.

Yes. But Xavi of today >>>>>> Xavi of past.

And Spain of today >>>>>>>>> Spain pre 2008.

Torres may or maynot. Who knows if he carries his slump then he wont get into the team. Spain are not crying for talents. They have in abundance. Llorente, Pedro, Mata all are excellent players and make the striker role theirs.

Morientes played with Xavi, but those years weren't the best of Xavi's career still.
Xavi went to the top of his performances about the same moment when Morientes left the national team.

Anyway, i think this is not relevant for the comparition.
The current spanish midfield is superb, but we had some good midfielders before. Euro 2000 and World Cup 2002 were quite good squads tbh.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

And Spain of today >>>>>>>>> Spain pre 2008.
For me, actually it is:
Spain Euro 2008>>>>>>>>>>Spain today>>>>>>>>>Spain before (with several good moments, just unlucky).

For me, the game that made me fall in love with that team, was the Euro 2008 and so.
I honestly think that Del Bosque is not doing all the best he could about how brilliantly we could be playing. Even though they won WC, the quality of the playing style was far away from 2008.

For me, actually it is:
Spain Euro 2008>>>>>>>>>>Spain today>>>>>>>>>Spain before (with several good moments, just unlucky).
Well you added one more equation. What i meant was same. This Spain (which has same players as 2008) is much better than pre 2008 Spanish team.

Great display by our 2nd/3rd string side against the World Cup semi finalists that featured 10 of the players that played that game. We outclassed them, outplayed them but couldnt out score them. Bit of a disgrace some of the diving and time wasting by them in a friendly. Shane Long was unplayable tonight. Individual mistakes cost us the game which is to be expected when the back-line have never played in the same team before.

Great game to watch, really disappointed that I changed my mind about going to this game. :S

Bad news for Arsenal, RVP was subbed in the Holland game with a knee injury

Apparently According to SSN RVP had a Injury Scare, here is hoping for a 10 week lay off.

Bad news for Arsenal, RVP was subbed in the Holland game with a knee injury
Thats what it was being reported at first.

But apparently it's a small knock on his ankle, similar to the injury Bendtner had. But knowing RVP his ankle is shattered and gone for the season :S

As ever - Twitter: Bert van Marwijk says with a bit of luck, Robin van Persie should be able to play this weekend. Knee to the thigh. Uncomfortable.

Australia 2 Germany 1.

Anyone else shocked by this result?
A very good result for us. But it does help when we have a German manager, and to be fair, Germany didn't field a full strength side.

Great display by our 2nd/3rd string side against the World Cup semi finalists that featured 10 of the players that played that game. We outclassed them, outplayed them but couldnt out score them. Bit of a disgrace some of the diving and time wasting by them in a friendly. Shane Long was unplayable tonight. Individual mistakes cost us the game which is to be expected when the back-line have never played in the same team before.

Great game to watch, really disappointed that I changed my mind about going to this game. :S

Shane Long didn't look interested until he scored and then was rampant. Ciaran Clark im sorry to say was **** (dont know whether Trap told him to tuck in and play as a third CB).
Fahey was excellent despite misplacing a few passes. McCarthy looked lost and Keogh looked like a headless chicken for alot of the game(and missed a sitter). McGeady was great when he came on and I loved when the Uruguay player jumped into him and bounced off him. Westwood was good despite lumping it all game and everyone else was aavb

Van Persie just got a bruised thigh, he's fine!!

Shane Long didn't look interested until he scored and then was rampant. Ciaran Clark im sorry to say was **** (dont know whether Trap told him to tuck in and play as a third CB).
Fahey was excellent despite misplacing a few passes. McCarthy looked lost and Keogh looked like a headless chicken for alot of the game(and missed a sitter). McGeady was great when he came on and I loved when the Uruguay player jumped into him and bounced off him. Westwood was good despite lumping it all game and everyone else was aavb
Clark was *****. I have been hearing everyone say Keogh was **** but I thought he did well, tracked back well and saved Clark a lot of times tonight.
Had to laugh at the hatchet man they brought on getting skint every time XD

Had 2 free tickets to the game but gave them to someone else as was a bit tired and the nightmare of trying to get home from the Aviva, disgusted I didn't go.

Very proud of the lads tonight, I think Keane is lucky that Doyle is injured now as Long would have being pushing for 1st team place he has being great last few games, also the formation seemed to work very well to against a very strong side, Hopefully we use it again in another friendly but with full strength team, Clarke was hopeless, I think he would just much prefer to play in the center and let his concentration drop alot at full back, McCarthy was disappointing tonight to be honest was hoping for better but hes only young plenty more chances to shine, Keogh is one of my least favorite players don't think he deserves to play for Ireland, anyway the result didn't matter tonight just the performance and I'm very proud of the lads tonight.

Only problem I would have with dropping Keane is that Doyle and Long are to similar.

Australia. :)

Although they didn't field a full team, it was still a good team, and for us too beat them was epic.

A very good result for us. But it does help when we have a German manager, and to be fair, Germany didn't field a full strength side.

It was still a fairly strong German side... Schweinsteiger, Muller, Gomez, Hummels, Freidrich and others like Schurle (sp), Wiese etc... Still a great win for Australia, Fullbacks ftw! Wilkshire was brilliant as ever. Maybe future captain ?