International Squad full of greyed out players?

Gwox

Reaction score
I was looking through the squads of World Cup 2014 and there were only 2 players in the German squad that weren't greyed out. Coz greyed out players have no history tab I can't tell where they came from, so could somebody please tell me, can international squads take greyed out players from squads or have they appeared especially for the Germany squad? If so, why couldn't some more real German players go in the squad instead? Plus if anyone's interested in which 2 players are good enough to stay in the Germany squad despite all these greyed out players filling it, it's David Schneider and Nils Preuß.

Last edited:
FM dont have the rights to the German national team so they cannont use them. There is a file you can delete to make them appear, im sure someone will post it in a sec.

FM dont have the rights to the German national team so they cannont use them. There is a file you can delete to make them appear, im sure someone will post it in a sec.

Thanks, but then how did schneider and preuß get in there then, and why can't players who aren't in the national squad come in instead. Also, I think this is the only team which this has happened to, so is it just Germany that FM don't have the rights to?

Thanks, but then how did schneider and preuß get in there then, and why can't players who aren't in the national squad come in instead. Also, I think this is the only team which this has happened to, so is it just Germany that FM don't have the rights to?

Are Schneider and Preuß regens? There is one other national team, Japan i think?

oh yeh, japan is all greyed out apart from Masahiro Nagasato and Nobuhiro Nishimura, what do you mean by regens?

thanks kocaelispor, is that the Japan as well or just Germany?

You dont need to download anything o_O

Regens are players that are put into the game to make it continue. They will face cartoon like faces.

also I just looked at Preuß and Schneider's profiles and neither were at a club in 2011-12 season, and they do have animated faces so I'm guessing they are regens. I've also just looked at some of the real German squad and they are still players on FM, so are they just not aloud to play in the national team?

you need to go to C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2012/data/db/1200/inc/all

I believe there are 2 files in there which you need to delete. Make a copy of them first before deleting them just in case. You will need to start a new game before you can see the teams though.

ok cool thanks, so has the AI manager of Germany tried to put the original Germany squad in and they've automatically been replaced by gray players?

Real players can't get in but I'm pretty sure regens get in sometimes because I had a Bayern save and a couple of my regens were in the squad along with a guy playing in the German third division and all the other were greyed out.

So real players can't get in but regens can I think. And yeah the regens are made up players that are spawned each season, usually as a new youth intake for clubs every season.

Nothing really happens with the German team. No-one gets called up. Just random greyed out players with German names appear. If you delete the files, they will be like any other national team. Same with Japan

alright, so if I carry on with this game eventually the problem will be fixed coz regens will fill up the squad, how'd the Third Division guy get in, he must have been pretty good for his league

you need to go to C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2012/data/db/1200/inc/all

I believe there are 2 files in there which you need to delete. Make a copy of them first before deleting them just in case. You will need to start a new game before you can see the teams though.

I have looked in this folder and there are 3 files called fake.lnc, lic_dan_swe_fra.lnc, and nleague.lnc. Which ones do I need to delete?

All of them. The fake.Inc file give you the German team, the nleague.Inc does the Japan leagues and im not sure what the other one is o_O

All of them. The fake.Inc file give you the German team, the nleague.Inc does the Japan leagues and im not sure what the other one is o_O

Alright thanks, It's coz u said there's two files, so I wasn't sure if there were only 2 i had to delete or all, I'm guessing the others have something to do with Sweden and France (possibly Denmark and I have no idea what lic could mean) just to let you know fake is 1kb licswedanfra is 2kb, but nleague is 485kb Also, does it matter where I save the copies, or can I just save them anywhere other than the original

Last edited:
Ok thanks everyone, I have deleted the 3 files and put the copies on a USB stick. I have also made a new game and the Germany and Japan squads are now working like any other international squads. Thanks for your help :D

I recently checked the Germany squad to see what they had decided to do for the upcoming European Championships and both the Germany and Japan squads have gone back to completely full of greyed-out players and the files you told me to delete have come back, saying that they were last modified on the 17th March 2012, which i'm guessing is when they came back. Plus, the game won't let me view the reports of any of Germany or Japan's games so I can't see when the files came back. Did these come back in an update or something and do I need to disable updates to stop them from coming back?