International Squad full of greyed out players?

I have looked back and discovered that I can see the reports of two of Germany's friendlies which I attended, and one of Japan's World Cup Qualifying matches which I definitely didn't attend but I did attend a Holland match on the same day. On all of these matches the squads seem fine, so does it just disable the squads for big competitions like the upcoming European Championships, as Japan are halfway through a set of World Cup Qualifiers?

you need to redelete the files after every patch.

thanks. Do I then need to make a new game every time as well?

i'm not sure, i know that if you had the squads available in your game, then download the patch and delete the 2 files before continuing your save then you're fine to carry on your save and will still have the squads available. not sure what happens if you leave it for a while before deleting it, whether you get the squads back or not seems rather random from what i've heard from others.

ah OK then. Thanks. I'm gunna start a new game then and make sure I always do that now, although I've also now discovered that whether you have the files or not, if you start the game with the updated database instead of the default then the squads still don't work. So I have to do the default database as well, but I don't really see the difference between the two so that should be okay. :)