rhysyboyno1

Reaction score
Here are a few tips on International management:

1) When picking a team don't always pick the big names, look at the stats for players.

E.g. When I was england on many occasions I left out Shaun Wright-Phillips as I felt that he hasn't got the best stats for a right Winger.

2) Arrange as many friendlies as you can, this will give you a chance to try out new players, tactics, formations, etc.

3) Team morale, same as Clubs play players with high morale, low morale may affect your team and cause you to lose an important game.

4) Don't be scared of the age of a player, if they're 17 or 35 it doesn't matter if thay can win a match for you.

5) You may want to try and sign/hire a new staff, possibly a new Physio as it is important, espeically in the World cup, to have a fantastic Physio because you never know when your best player may get injured.

6) Under 20's/21's/23's etc. teams are good to look at every now and again to find decent players to call up to the National team, also looking at the top league's (in your country) player stats to find who is playing well.

7) This tip you won't be able to use very often but if you can it is very helpful. Look at your fixtures, say your England playing Germany in Germany, think of players that have had experience in Germany as they know the game better than the rest of your players.

8) Finally, if a player gains citizenship, like Almunia does, play them if they are better than your current players, if you have the resources use them.

Hope this helps anyone that wnats to play in the Big Stage. And sorry if it waffles on.

Rhys

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Tell me if it helps :D

great tips mate.

would be useful for fellow fm-ers

No problem,

I love playing as a national team,

gets bit boring but won the World cup and European cup with England.

No problem,

I love playing as a national team,

gets bit boring but won the World cup and European cup with England.

dont you play as normal eg some1 like arsenal then when capello get sacked they go for you or do you just start a new game with england?

because if you are just england it must be boring as ****.

Started with liverpool then Capello get sacked then I took over,

that would be unbearably boring.

Last edited:
Started with liverpool then Capello get sacked then I took over

ah kk

i never managed a national team before.

always turned england down they felt well grim haha.

always wanted the spain or argentina job.

Yeah same,

spain must be an easy win every game.lol

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

anyone got any national experiences that would like to share?

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

don't forget to thank me, lmao

I took chagre of Romania in 5th season, my past experience was rubbish i thing is was automatic, set it to International player and it's easy to get, i've played once and beat Austria 1 nil. Intresting Romania got 2012 European CHampionship final with a **** side before losing to spain or Germany. My key players are wingers Gabriel Torje and Richard Ochirossi who plays for Man city while Torje plays for my team Leeds

i'm in my second season with City, and decided 2 have a go at leading Ivory Coast to international glory ha ha, their expectations are only the second round of the world cup, so i'll see how it goes and try and unearth a few gems along the way!!!

cheers mate, any other national coach experiences?

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

oh and anyone recommend a good national team, apart from the obvious.

cheers mate, any other national coach experiences?

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

oh and anyone recommend a good national team, apart from the obvious.

scotland? maybe

ive managed scotland on fm 08 when i got charlton athletics into uefa cup and scotland came in for me and i accepted

got into the world cup semi-finals and lost(forgot which team it was) on peno's because i gave my keeper 'craig gordon' to take my 5th peno which he missed lmao..

maybe try scotland?

Ill have a go, sounds interesting, takes a good manager to get Scotland into the semis lol

Ill have a go, sounds interesting, takes a good manager to get Scotland into the semis lol

i guess so.

i would of got into the finals if i didnt be a ***** and let my keeper take it..

I probably wouldn't have even got that far,

Montenegro have a few decent players aswell.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

I know this has nothing to do with this thread and no one will even care but I have bad news and good,

I have Torn 3 Ligaments in my ankle (bad news)
Will probs be on this alot and that is also why I have been on this alot (good news)

I probably wouldn't have even got that far,

Montenegro have a few decent players aswell.

romania? they got quality players?

niculae, mutu(of course), razvan rat, chivu, dica, lobont, petre

Yeah defo,

these smaller teams have better players that bigger ones like USA and aybe even Croatia

Yeah defo,

these smaller teams have better players that bigger ons like USA and aybe even Croatia

indeed.

this may sound stupid

but i have never broken a bone in my body, i wish i had tho just want to know how it feels lol..