Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

International U-21/U-19 Management

Reaction score
Is there any way to start the game by managing an international U-21 or U-19 team? I know you can select international teams but I would like to manage one of the younger squads and I can't see anywhere to select it.

Reaction score
Yes you can, However you will need to resign the manager of the National team also, Well I know it worked on FM10. What you do is create 2 managers, 1 as unemployed and 1 as the National team you want to be. Then hire your unemployed self as U21 or U19 manager and then resign from the main team and VOILA :D

Reaction score
Ah very clever way of working round it. Thanks for the advice :)

Reaction score
No you don't need to do that ^

All you do is when you choose a team click on the country you want , then go to their U-21/U-19's and take control.You do not need to manage the senior team , i did this numerous times on FM10 with England.
It is actually really fun being able to supply the senior team with youngsters

Reaction score
Cool, I'll try that now. Yer that's why I want to be able to do it but never found a way before.

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Just done it and you have to go into Detailed Team Information then select the age you want but it worked. Also can anyone tell me if U-19's have competitive matches like Euro U-19s or not? All that's on their fixture list is U-19 international, no qualifiers or anything.

Reaction score
No you don't need to do that ^

All you do is when you choose a team click on the country you want , then go to their U-21/U-19's and take control.You do not need to manage the senior team , i did this numerous times on FM10 with England.
It is actually really fun being able to supply the senior team with youngsters
I never knew that before :O nice one. I only knew how to do my way before so well in mate ;) helped me now lol

Reaction score
Cool, I'll try that now. Yer that's why I want to be able to do it but never found a way before.

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Just done it and you have to go into Detailed Team Information then select the age you want but it worked. Also can anyone tell me if U-19's have competitive matches like Euro U-19s or not? All that's on their fixture list is U-19 international, no qualifiers or anything.
yes they do.

Reaction score
Never even knew you could do this, might give it a go, would be a really interesting game :)