International U-21/U-19 Management

King Sid

Reaction score
Is there any way to start the game by managing an international U-21 or U-19 team? I know you can select international teams but I would like to manage one of the younger squads and I can't see anywhere to select it.

Yes you can, However you will need to resign the manager of the National team also, Well I know it worked on FM10. What you do is create 2 managers, 1 as unemployed and 1 as the National team you want to be. Then hire your unemployed self as U21 or U19 manager and then resign from the main team and VOILA :D

Ah very clever way of working round it. Thanks for the advice :)

No you don't need to do that ^

All you do is when you choose a team click on the country you want , then go to their U-21/U-19's and take control.You do not need to manage the senior team , i did this numerous times on FM10 with England.
It is actually really fun being able to supply the senior team with youngsters

Cool, I'll try that now. Yer that's why I want to be able to do it but never found a way before.

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Just done it and you have to go into Detailed Team Information then select the age you want but it worked. Also can anyone tell me if U-19's have competitive matches like Euro U-19s or not? All that's on their fixture list is U-19 international, no qualifiers or anything.

No you don't need to do that ^

All you do is when you choose a team click on the country you want , then go to their U-21/U-19's and take control.You do not need to manage the senior team , i did this numerous times on FM10 with England.
It is actually really fun being able to supply the senior team with youngsters

I never knew that before :O nice one. I only knew how to do my way before so well in mate ;) helped me now lol

Cool, I'll try that now. Yer that's why I want to be able to do it but never found a way before.

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Just done it and you have to go into Detailed Team Information then select the age you want but it worked. Also can anyone tell me if U-19's have competitive matches like Euro U-19s or not? All that's on their fixture list is U-19 international, no qualifiers or anything.

yes they do.

Never even knew you could do this, might give it a go, would be a really interesting game :)