Into the Unknown.....

• Thread starter Thread starter AndySams10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 5K
"Ring.........Ring,Ring.........Ring". I raced across my living room to answer my mobile, which was vibrating across the kitchen table. "Andy, It's Mr Slobodian. People are starting to talk about what is happening at my club. I think we do press conference to media tonight. See you at stadium at 5pm." With the order from the chairman that I would be presented to the media in a little over five hours, it gave me a chance to prepare myself for the small gathering that was set to be in attendance. With Ukrainian football not hitting the heights of some of Europe's finest leagues, I knew I'd still have to come acroos confident and clear in my approach to what I'm looking to achieve, as I didn't want to become a target for the media in any form.
Time soon flew by and before I had time to write up any notes, Mr Slobodian's driver was outside sounding his horn, waiting to take me to the ground, so I could be officially unveiled as the new manager of Obolon Kyiv.

images

Olexandr Slobodian: "Ladies and Gentlemen. I thank you for being here to see our new manager. I introduce to you Andy Samuels."

Reporter: "Mr Samuels, you sit here as manager of Oblon Kyiv. What are you feelings?"

Me(with help from interpreter): "Good evening everyone. I'm very pleased and excited to be hired as Obolon Kyiv's new manager. I hope to bring attractive, successful football to the club and for the supporters to enjoy."

Reporter: "You clearly do not speak Ukrainian well, will that cause problems in the squad?

Me: "Haha. Well as you see I have some help, but my assistant Vaszlo Rats will help me when it's needed, but overall I don't think it will be a big issue."

Reporter: "You have sold some players, does that mean you will be entering the transfer market?"

Me: "No not yet. I'm fully confident in all areas of the team to compete in every game."

Reporter: "Finally, the last few seasons have been fairly forgettable for Oblon Kyiv. Do you think despite your limited experience and young age you can bring some success?"

Me: "I have every confidence in my ability and I hope I can turn the clubs fortunes around."

Olexandr Slobodian: "Thank you everyone, that is all questions for now. Andy will be available for pictures only."

I survived the local media and press without too many problems and though the photos for the daily papers dragged on, I came away feeling very pleased with how I handled myself. With the off the pitch tasks out the way, it was now down to the challenges that faced me on the pitch, as I had five friendlies ahead of me to help me select my strongest line up in preparation for the opening fixture in the league.

Hey Guys,

Sorry for lack of updates recently, have had a lot on. An update will be soon though.

Cheers. :D

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the lack of an update, but I've had a death in the family, so my mind has been elsewhere. Will be getting back to the story very soon though.
Hope you will start to follow again!

Thanks. :D

no worries man, sorry to hear that. looking forward to seeing the next update but no rush. best wishes.

Hi Guys,

Due to the recent loss in my family and being extremely busy with coaching for work, I've created writers block, due to everything going on over the past couple of weeks. So I've decided to close this story, as all the ideas I had, I've just lost them completely, which is extremely frustrating.

Thank you to all those who followed/commentated, I'm sure you'll understand.

I'm currently trying to clear my head and get back to normal and hope to start a much better story, which will hopefully last a long time.

Cheers. :D

I'm sorry to hear that but it's fine- there are things that come way before football manager stories! I hope you feel better soon, I know we don't really know each other but feel free to pm me if you need to talk anything over. Best wishes mate.

I'm sorry to hear that but it's fine- there are things that come way before football manager stories! I hope you feel better soon, I know we don't really know each other but feel free to pm me if you need to talk anything over. Best wishes mate.

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I'm doing better today, and am currently planning on a new story to write.

Have a good rest of the day.

Speak soon. :D

Back