Ipswich Town- 12 years away from the Big Time

BlueCow

Reaction score
View attachment 374179
Trapattoni Sacked!

In the last few minutes, Sky sources have been informed that the FAI have decided to relieve manager Giovanni Trapattoni of his duties; it is believed that a disagreement over the Italians selection policy is the reasoning. The 74 year-old had been in charge since 2008 but has now been removed as the Irish manager. Mick McCarthy and Martin O'Neill are the early frontrunners to take over the national side.Next Permanent Republic Of Ireland Manage
mick-mccarthy.jpg
Mick McCarthy
£10 Free Bet
Bet Now - Stan James
5/1

martin-oneill.jpg
Martin O'Neill
£10 Free Bet
Bet Now - Stan James
5/1

brian-mcdermott.jpg
Brian McDermott
£10 Free Bet
Bet Now - Stan James
12/1

McCarthy set for Ireland job
View attachment 374180

According to Sky sources, Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy is set to return as Republic of Ireland manager just 2 days after the sacking of Trapattoni. The 54 year-old left as Ireland manager in 2002 after a successful World Cup campaign which included an iconic victory over Germany.

McCarthy appointed Ireland manager!

View attachment 374181
Big Mick has confirmed today in a press conference that "I've come back to finish what I started" the Yorkshireman has set his sights firmly on World Cup qualification and also thanked Ipswich Town for a short but enjoyable time. Ipswich now have to look towards starting the new season without the man who successfully guided the Tractor Boys from relegation last season.

Curbs and Robinson emerge as early Ipswich favourites
View attachment 374184View attachment 374185Alan Curbishley and MK Dons manager Karl Robinson have been made the favourites to become the new Ipswich manager; Packie O'Flynn is a surprise candidate for the role having little playing experience, the Irishman was a youth player at Aston Villa but after testing positive for cocaine he found himself fall by the wayside. O'Flynn went on to make a handful of appearances for Walsall and Wycombe before having to retire at 24 through injury. Just a year after his forced retirement O'Flynn was sentenced to 5 years in prison for armed robbery and during his time inside he started playing for the prison side; upon his release despite being 29, the ex-keeper was offered a short-term contract at boyhood club Ipswich and had 2 successful seasons before his injury re-occurred. He has since had a scouting role at Colchester and is currently first-team coach at his ex-club Aston Villa.

O'Flynn in talks with Ipswich

According to Sky Sources, controversial character Packie O'Flynn is in talks to succeed Mick McCarthy as Ipswich manager. The 34 year-old (currently at Aston Villa) played for Ipswich for 2 years after his prison release. It is believed he may already have been appointed manager as Marc Albrighton tweeted earlier "wish all the luck in the world to Packie, great man deserves this chance!" More to follow.

Ipswich appoint O'Flynn

Ipswich Town have today confirmed Packie O'Flynn has taken the ropes after McCarthy's departure. The twice capped Irishman smiled broadly stating that it was "great to be back at the club I love" he has promised to bring entertainment to the fans and "something to cheer about." O'Flynn also explained how he hoped to end the misery in recent years mentioning that "for a club like this to be in the Championship is ridiculous!" To say the appointment is surprise would be an understatement, and certain fans appear to be disgruntled by the new managers appointment, a member of the Ipswich supporters trust told me that he "would've picked Darren Huckerby" over O'Flynn, he also added this was solely down to the former players party lifestyle. He has signed a 2 year contract.

Poor Pre-Season "doesn't bother" O'Flynn
Packie O'Flynn today told TWTD that the fact the Tractor Boys haven't won a single one of their friendlies doesn't bother him.
"In my opinion, pre-season is pointless, I'd do without it to be honest. If you beat Guernsey 12-0 it doesn't matter but if you lose 1-0 at Shrewsbury everyone panics, it's all a load of b******s if I'm straight with you."
O'Flynn said he's more bothered about how his side start against Barnsley on the first league game than he is about losing against Peterborough.
View attachment 374197

Holland: I'm worried about next season.
Ipswich favourite Matt Holland has said the clubs failed attempts to sign both David Nugent and Connor Wickham worries him as he's unsure David McGoldrick can provide 15-20 goals. "I fear for us next season, we've failed to sign our 2 targets Nugent and Connor (Wickham) but hopefully I'll be proved wrong."

Ebanks-Blake signs for Town
View attachment 374201
Former Wolves striker Sylvain Ebanks-Blake has becomes Packie O'Flynn's first signing, he was released by Wolves at the end of last season.
"It's a great club with great facilities, everything is set up for Premier League football and when they approached me I couldn't turn it down. A few clubs have contacted me but when Packie rang I saw it as a no-brainer.

Ipswich fall to minnows Newport
A crowd of 889 watched home side Newport sneak past championship side Ipswich Town in the 1st round of the Capital One cup; Ibrahim Farrah's 53rd minute goal was enough to see off Ipswich in O'Flynn's first game in charge.

as a town supporter i will be following all i can say is dont go making stupid unrealistic transfers as i feel that just ruins it completly apart from that will be reading with interest

Town start with a win
View attachment 374277Ipswich enjoyed a 2-1 win over Barsnley at Portman Road with a brace from debutant Paul Anderson. The summer signing from Bristol City tore the Tykes' apart with 2 magnificent individual efforts, a Jacob Mellis strike wasn't enough to prevent an opening day defeat for Barnsley.

Holt scores twice as Latics ease past Ipswich
View attachment 374278

Daryl Murphy's first half goal was quickly eclipsed as a second-half onslaught from Wigan gave Ipswich a first league defeat of the season. Murphy's headed cross from Paul Taylor's corner was met by a brace from former Norwich man Grant Holt to the dismay of Ipswich supporters; Jay Bothroyd added a goal in the 4th minute of added on time after Loach's failed clearance put the former QPR striker through on goal.

Impressive Glovers shut-down Ipswich
View attachment 374283
Former Ipswich man Ed Upson scored a dramatic injury-time equaliser at Portman Road after David McGoldrick's superb 25 yard effort looked to have sealed a win for O'Flynn's side.

Noone and A
malfitano sign on deadline day
View attachment 374287View attachment 374288
Ipswich have completed the loan signings of Cardiff City winger Craig Noone, and Newcastle's attacking midfielder Romain Amalfitano on deadline day. The pair are O'Flynn's 2nd and 3rd signings following Sylvain Ebanks-Blake's arrival earlier in the summer. Craig Noone was quoted as saying "I hope to break into the first team, Carlos Edwards is great competition for me, and if all goes well I will be an Ipswich player in the Premier League next season."

Town player of the month: Luke Chambers
View attachment 374293

Town 3-2 Doncaster
View attachment 374289
Summer signing Sylvain Ebanks-Blake netted his first 2 goals for the club as Ipswich edged past an unfortunate Doncaster side; Ebanks-Blake put the hosts ahead after good work from débutant Craig Noone, he added his second from the penalty spot when Wordworth had been brought down. Luke James pulled one back for Donny but minutes later Luke Chambers headed Town's third after a Wordsworth free-kick cannoned back off the bar. David Syers added another for Doncaster on 65 but couldn't prevent a defeat.

McCarthy sees red as Ipswich cruise past Royals
View attachment 374291
Former Town loanee Alex McCarthy was sent off for handling outside the area as Ipswich took a young Reading defence apart. Ebanks-Blake had put Ipswich 1-0 up before McCarthy's dismissal, Craig Noone scored a wonderfully crafted goal before Ebanks-Blake (SEB) scored his 4th goal in 2 games.

De Vos: Club going in wrong direction
View attachment 374404
Former Town captain and fan favourite Jason De Vos, today revealed he believes his former club are "going in the wrong direction" speaking to the EADT; the ex-Canadian international stated that O'Flynn was "the last appointment he would've made if in charge" telling of O'Flynn's bully-boy tactics as a player. He also claimed that the Irishman was tactically inept, the Blues have lined up in an attacking formation in every game so far and De vos believes it will more than likely lead to a relegation scrap.

Brighton net twice late on to deny Tractor Boys
View attachment 374406
New Zealand international Tommy Smith's first half goal proved to be too little as David Lopez and Andrea Orlandi netted injury time goals for the Seagulls. O'Flynn's tactical decisions were criticised by former Town man Jason De Vos in midweek and O'Flynn's attacking mentality probably cost Town today. Ipswich lined up with their usual 4-3-2-1 formation with the following side: Loach, Hewitt, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell, Wordsworth, Skuse, Anderson, Taylor, Noone, Ebanks-Blake. A travelling support of 2,345 witnessed the defeat.

Boro too strong for Town
View attachment 374414
Craig Noone and a first goal for loanee Romain Amalfitano helped a scoreline look a lot better than it was. From the first whistle the home side were under the cosh and it wasn't long until Lukas Jutkiewicz had put the visitors ahead, the former Coventry man netted his second from the spot before Emmanuel Ledesma put Boro 3 up. Noone's outstanding chip and a free-kick from Romain Amalfitano helped reduce the deficit, but in truth it was more than the hosts deserved. O'Flynn stuck with the same side that lost at Brighton although captain Carlos Edwards was missing from the bench through injury.

Gerken to start at Birmingham?
View attachment 374420
According to TWTD sources, Dean Gerken is set to make his league debut on saturday with Scott Loach to sit out. Loach has been under pressure and a series of individual errors look to have cost him his place in the team.

Ipswich fight back to defeat Birmingham
View attachment 374431
Ipswich came back from 2-0 down to beat in form Birmingham at St. Andrews thanks to a late winner from David McGoldrick. The hosts went in front early on when Veselli's poor clearance found Nikola Zigic.The 6ft8 Serbian scored a 2nd after Veselli brought Shane Richardson down in the penalty area. Just seconds after the restart, an impressive through ball from Luke Hyam found Ebanks-Blake who pulled one back for the visitors and just moments later Romain Amalfitano headed an equaliser after Craig Noone shrugged off a David Murphy challenge to find Amalfitano at the far post. With the game looking to end a draw 4 minutes were added on; Marlon King almost clinched a winner late on with a backheel that bounced off of Gerken's post, Cresswell then picked out Anthony Wordsworth who sent David McGoldrick clean through on goal and the former Forest man made no mistake as he powered a 20 yard drive past a helpless Darren Randolph. After the game Aaron Cresswell heaped praise upon manager O'Flynn telling us that his half-time team-talk was "inspirational" and "key to the win."
View attachment 374447

Town player of the month: Ebanks-Blake
View attachment 374450
5 goals in September have ensured Sylvain Ebanks-Blake is certainly a key man in the Ipswich side. The former Wolves' man has also scooped the SkyBet Championship player of the month after a string of impressive performances.

would be nice to have some feedback to see if people are actually reading this :) constructive criticism welcomed

I like the style of this - a bit more info (tactics / squad/ league table etc screenshots) wouldnt go amiss tho ,,,

Yeah, a few key screenshots, transfers, key matches etc would be good. Good start though

Rovers too strong for Town
View attachment 374507
Former Town loanee DJ Campbell netted twice on return from injury as Blackburn enjoyed total domination against the Tractor Boys. Another former Town striker Jordan Rhodes opened the scoring when Campbell's deflected shot found Rhodes and he slid it past Gerken. Romain Amalfitano equalised for Ipswich against the run of play with a stunning 35 yard free-kick. Just moments later Campbell headed Rovers' in front from a Rochina cross and later added his second when Luke Chambers poorly headed it into the strikers path. The result pushed Blackburn up to 3rd.
View attachment 374508

Wilnis believes Ipswich can achieve under O'Flynn
View attachment 374509
Ipswich icon Fabian Wilnis has told EADT that he thinks Ipswich "can achieve promotion" under new boss Packie O'Flynn. The Dutchman said he feels comments from former captain Jason De Vos were "unfair."
"I think that people must understand that O'Flynn didn't get all of pre-season with his side, he's working with a group of players that were signed by the previous managers. He's got a wise head on him and doesn't take any rubbish! I played with him and he's got a lot of experience and a wise head on him." Wilnis went on to to tell us that he was offered a scouting role for O'Flynn but doesn't currently feel the time is right.

Chambers to return for Charlton game
Luke Chambers is to return for the Charlton game after a thigh injury kept him out of the 3-1 loss at Blackburn Packie O'Flynn has revealed.

Last
gasp Ipswich defeat Addicks
View attachment 374512
Paul Taylor's 89th minute strike (his first goal for the club) ensured Ipswich a 1-0 win over Charlton at Portman Road. The attacking midfielder had been on the pitch just 3 minutes when he netted the winner. Charlton should have won the game themselves, Scott Loach stepping in for the injured Gerken saved a Kermogant penalty in the first half.
Noone fires Town to victory
View attachment 374561
Ipswich battled back from 1-0 down to defeat Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough on a cold tuesday night. Ex-Town loan man Aaron McLean put the hosts ahead but minutes later player/coach Alan Lee netted on his 2nd debut for the club. With the game entering the final 15 minutes Craig Noone nutmegged Helan before firing a shot into the bottom left corner.

5-Start Ipswich triumph over Trotters
View attachment 374565
Sylvain Ebanks-Blake hit a hat-trick as Ipswich recorded a third successive victory over Bolton. Amalfitano scored after just 20 seconds before former Town loanee Keith Andrews equalised from the penalty spot. SEB then netted but Ipswich were again pegged back by N'Gog. SEB scored his 2nd of the afternoon and then completed his hat-trick minutes after the restart before Anthony Wordsworth fired a long-range free-kick past Bogdan.

Town player of the month: Romain Amalfitano
View attachment 374596
The attacking midfielder on loan from Newcastle has put in a string of outstanding performances this month scoring and assisting 3 goals.
Ipswich stung by ruthless Hornets
View attachment 374589
Former Watford man Scott Loach made 3 individual errors as Watford thrashed the Tractor Boys 4-1 at Vicarage Road. Amalfitano put the blues ahead but Deeney netted a brace as did Pudil to give Ipswich a first defeat in 3. The result drops Ipswich 2 places down to 6th.

10 man Ipswich in stalemate
View attachment 374603
Luke Hyam saw read early in the 2nd half for a late challenge on Matt Ritchie as Ipswich held a positive Bournemouth side. Pittman struck the bar early on and Miles Addison forced Scott Loach into an outstanding acrobatic save. Tommy Smith went closest for the hosts but his headed effort was cleared off the line by Tommy Elphick.

Amalfitano continues scoring
View attachment 374604
Romain Amalfitano netted his 6th goal since his loan move to Ipswich in a 1-0 win at Huddersfield. The Frenchman unleashed an unstoppable drive on the hour mark to lift Ipswich to 5th.
View attachment 374605

Ipswich to sign Amalfitano
View attachment 374627
Ipswich have today revealed that loan signing Romain Amalfitano will join the championship outfit on a permanent basis in January. The attacking midfielder has netted 6 times in his 13 appearances during the loan spell and is set to sign for a fee believed to be £500,000. The Frenchman told the official website "Ever since I came [to] Ipswich, I have wanted to make a permanent switch, the club is a great place to be and O'Flynn is doing great things." The news will be music to the ears of Ipswich fans as Amalfitano has been outstanding for the club.

Town ease past R's
View attachment 374648
Town cruised to a 3-1 victory over a lacklustre Q.P.R side at Portman Road thanks to goals from Ebanks-Blake, Wordsworth and Tommy Smith. Ebanks-Blake put the home side in front with a tidy finish from 10 yards out before Park Ji-Sung equalised before the half-time whistle. Wordsworth struck a trademark free-kick past Julio Cesar and on 85 Smith headed a third to secure the victory.
View attachment 374651

Anderson puts Leeds to the sword
View attachment 374650
Paul Anderson netted a brace to secure Ipswich's 6 victory in 8 games. Both goals magnificent individual efforts were too much for Leeds who had gone in front through Sam Byram.
Leicester hold Ipswich in bore draw
View attachment 374657
Both Luke Chambers and David McGoldrick missed guilt edged chances as Leicester frustrated Ipswich in a 0-0 draw. The visitors were accused of "kicking" Ipswich off the park by manager O'Flynn who also claimed referee Andy D'Urso's "vendetta" against Ipswich was becoming "tiresome."

Town player of the month: Anthony Wordsworth
View attachment 374663
Central midfielder Anthony Wordsworth has put together a string of impressive performances in November scoring twice and assisting once.

View attachment 374666

really well written glad u didnt sign anyone for millions it keep story interesting and this is the best ipswich story ive read keep up the good work

Thankyou, yeah I didn't see the point tbh as I know we don't have a penny to spend in real life aha! Will update again tomorrow.

Town lucky to beat Seasiders'
View attachment 374775
Former Ipswich striker Michael Chopra was sent off in controversial circumstances as his old club defeated Blackpool 2-1 at Bloomfield Road. Things started well for the hosts as Tom Ince seized on a mistake by Christophe Berra to tuck away from 10 yard out. Craig Noone equalised with a stunning volley from Cresswell's cross and could've had a second when his effort was cleared off the line by Broadfoot. Just before the hour mark the game was stopped when an off-the-ball incident seemed to have occurred; Berra lay on the ground after a coming together with Chopra and the former Town striker was sent for an early bath to the delight of the Ipswich fans. The Tractor Boys took advantage of the extra man and in the 75th Romain Amalfitano curled a first-time shot through the legs of Evatt and into Gilk's goal.

Town up to 2nd as they thrash Burnley
View attachment 374777
Craig Noone continued his rich vein of form netting twice as Ipswich succumbed Burnley to a first defeat in 5. The visitors' were on the back foot early on when Edgar's attempted clearance from a corner found Cresswell's who's cross was lashed in by Tommy Smith, 8 minutes later a Craig Noone long shot flew past Tom Heaton to make it 2-0. Ipswich were controlling the game and 10 minutes into the restart they had a deserved third when Ebanks-Blake's effort was fumbled into the path of Noone who casually tapped it into an open net. With Burnley fans having all but left, a sweetly struck free-kick from Paul Taylor completed the rout lifting Ipswich up to 2nd.
View attachment 374778

De Vos joins Town
View attachment 375707
Ipswich have announced (perhaps surprisingly) that former skipper & Canadian international Jason De Vos has joined the backroom staff. It was just weeks ago that the ex-centre-back openly criticised Ipswich's decision to appoint Packie O'Flynn as manager, yet the pair (of whom played together for a year) have joined up again. De Vos claims that his words were twisted, "All I said is that he's a party guy, a bit of fun and was a young man, that he could suffer pressure" he went on to tell us that it was a "dream come true" to be back at a club he loves.

​Town rescue point at Derby
View attachment 376147
A dramatic equaliser from SEB prevented Ipswich from a first defeat in 8. David McGoldrick opened the scoring for the visitors with a simple tap in after Anderson's low cross, Derby pegged Ipswich back though when Johnny Russell rifled in a log-range shot. Russell added his second 10 minutes into the second half when the Scotsman beat Chambers to a near-post header. The game looked to be done and dusted as Russell stood up to complete his hat-trick from the penalty spot but his spotkick was saved by Loach and on the counter Noone's ball in was converted by the substitute Ebanks-Blake.

McGoldrick snatches late winner at Millwall
View attachment 376149
David McGoldrick scored what proved to be the winner on a hard, bouncy surface at the Den. Just under a minute had passed when Amalfitano curled a free-kick into the top corner to put the away side ahead. However, just moments later former Norwich striker Steve Morison had equalised from the spot for the Lions. Jay Tabb forced Bywater into a great save of which Tommy Smith powered a header into the net from the resulting corner. Just before the half time whistle Morison grabbed his second of the afternoon when Hewitt's missed interception found Liam Feeney who floated the ball onto Morison's head for 2-2. With chances being at a premium in the second half it was Ipswich who took the advantage when Hyam's through ball was brilliantly controlled by McGoldrick who skinned Lowry before chipping former Town loanee Bywater for the winner.

Tunnicliffe arrested for bar assault
View attachment 376150
Town loanee Ryan Tunnicliffe (pictured right) has this morning been arrested on suspicion of assault at a bar in Newcastle. The central-midfielder on loan from Manchester United has featured just twice during the loan spell and many believe this will lead to the termination of the deal. Ipswich have refused to comment on the situation at present.

Ipswich thrash Latics
View attachment 376159
Elliot Hewitt scored his first senior goal as Ipswich romped to a 4-0 victory over Wigan. After just 8 minutes Ipswich were ahead when Cresswell pulled it back for a first time strike from Wordsworth, 3 minutes later McGoldrick doubled the lead when Tommy Smith's long-range ball found the former Forest man who calmly slotted it past Carson. Hewitt netted the third when Amalfitano swivelled past Caldwell before spotting Hewitt's run and the Wales Under-21 international made no mistake as he hammered it home. The hosts scored the 4th early in the second half when a failed clearance from Crainey fell to Amalfitano whose left boot struck a venomous volley past Scott Carson

Tunnicliffe charged with assault

On-loan midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe has today been charged with assault after an incident at the Digital nightclub in Newcastle. It is believed that the fight broke out after Tunnicliffe had received abuse from the "victim." Ipswich have released the following statement: "As a club we would like to apologise for the events over the last few days, Ryan knows his behaviour was unacceptable and will not only be facing a legal battle but will also be punished by the club internally. He himself is very sorry and embarrassed by his actions and wants to get back to his football."

Town cruise past Barnsley

View attachment 376174
Former Town striker Jason Scotland's goal was left long in the memory of Barnsley fans as visitors Ipswich cruised to a 3-1 victory at Oakwell. Scotland opened the scoring with a close range finish before an equaliser from Romain Amalfitano (his 10th of the campaign.) Amalfitano then then curled a corner in for Luke Chambers to head home. The victory was completed when Paul Anderson volleyed home from a Wordsworth cross.

Town go 12 without a loss
View attachment 376179
Today's 2-0 win at Yeovil's Huish Park meant Town have now gone 12 without a loss. Romain Amalfitano scored his 11th in 22 games before Craig Noone made it 2 with a fierce low drive.