Iran agents 'planned US terror attacks'

I thought the same before Irak and look how that turned out. They're not necessarily warmongering, but the whole 'terror' paranoia is leading them down the path of destruction.

Iraq isnt Iran though. the consquences are far far worse, and they know it. But as long as Iran pushes this nuclear program it could eventually be inevitable

Was that a deliberate off the cuff comment or are you really that deluded?

Well, it was certainly off the cuff. Not sure you realise what that means, though.

Let's look at this for a second. Israel's biggest backer is the US. Israel have limited support in the EU. Russia are in bed with China, who are against Israel. The EU needs to stay on good terms with Russia as they virtually have their fingers on the gas valve that provides power for most of the European powers (including Great Britain, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, etc). The UN have now allowed Palestine to put forward a case for official recognition.

No problems so far...

China basically own the US (the US owe so much money to China now they can not risk the inflation of the interest on those loans or their entire financial structure could completely collapse on a scale not seen since post-World War One)

Sigh. You were doing so well, too.

China hold no power over the US. It is true that the US borrow money from China in order to buy their products, but the whole point is they're BUYING the products. If China call the US in on their loans and force them to pay them, the US no longer have any money with which to spend on Chinese goods. Thus, any Chinese attempt to pull the rug out from beneath America results in a massive own-goal. It'd be economic suicide.

the US can not afford (literally) to speak out against the Arab League or the UN on issues regarding Israel.

They definitely can, and they will. They're still the pre-eminent power in the world.

The US's record of fighting a conflict alone is not good (0 Victories), so Israel can expect no backing from NATO if the worst happens.

What the ****? You may be a student of politics but you need a history lesson. The Indian wars? Arguably the war of Independence? The Barbary wars? The Mexican-American war? The list goes on and on. Israel can expect, and will receive, backing from NATO.

I haven't even touched on the fact that one wrong move from Israel may cause a major inter-Arabia War, which will, considering the momentum after the "Arab Spring", expand to the outer-Arabian Peninsular (Involving the like of Turkey, Iran, China, Russia, India, Pakistan etc).

Wahey for assumptions.

also remember that the UN is anti-Israel, by allowing Palestine a platform of which to argue their case, a situation which they have not allowed to other un-recognised states like, the "Nagorno-Karabakh Republic", the "Republic of Abkhazia", the "Republic of China", the "Republic of South Ossetia" etc.

Can't argue with that.

If you are limiting your argument rather naively to military power

And this is what is annoying me. I made one simple statement and you expand the argument into a whole range of other unrelated things. I pointed out that the Israeli military is one of the finest in the world, and that if they declared war on an adjacent nation, chances are they'd win handily.

then I would like to remind you that the this is 2011 and Lebanon, Syria, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Yemen, Morocco, Libya (now that we have sent the Transitional Government stockpiles of weapons from the US and the UK which include, but are not limited to, advanced assault rifles, third-generation missile guidance systems, RPA Drones), etc. All have access to virtually the same type of equipment that Israel do. The arms race is now a "Cold-War" phenomenon, it's no longer relevent.

Except you forget that not only do Israel manufacture their own weaponry to a high standard, but the Saudis would be on their side. The major difference is undoubtedly Israel's soldiers themselves, however: other nations in the region maintain small armies and conscript in times of war. Israel do the same, except their national service ensures that all men and women over the age of 18 are fully-trained soldiers, going through far more rigorous training than their opposite numbers.

We can only really go on examples in this situation, and the Six Day War is as good as an example as any. When Israel can beat three nations who vastly outnumber it in six days, you can tell how lethal the Israelis are.

Faithfully, a student of Philosophy, Politics and Economic - Cardiff University.

Boo, hiss.

Last edited:
This isn't exactly the right place to put this, but does anyone perspective a US vs China war along the line? The 1st and the 2nd global economies, with this crisis, it might lead to war, altough the Chinese are relatively peaceful, but their millitary has been developing and if they want to assemble a good army, they HAVE it, if they went to have people on the inside of the countries, for intel, they have it, since there are so many chinese worldwide... Might be scary.

This isn't exactly the right place to put this, but does anyone perspective a US vs China war along the line? The 1st and the 2nd global economies, with this crisis, it might lead to war, altough the Chinese are relatively peaceful, but their millitary has been developing and if they want to assemble a good army, they HAVE it, if they went to have people on the inside of the countries, for intel, they have it, since there are so many chinese worldwide... Might be scary.

They have no reason to fight each other. The Chinese would get steamrolled anyway.

Joel' is unimpressed by the gaps in your economics knowledge. JOEL' SMASH

Not really. If people are going to quote somewhere you study to make you more credible, it's generally people who are at oxbridge/harvard/princeton etc. :)

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

They both need other much more than they'd like to admit. Don't see it.

Might be true Joel, and there is no apparent reason, no oil, no terrorism between, but it is quite uncertain I must say. But well there are many many economic ties and that may limit the possibilities .

Might be true Joel, and there is no apparent reason, no oil, no terrorism between, but it is quite uncertain I must say. But well there are many many economic ties and that may limit the possibilities .

Why is it uncertain? They have reasons not to fight each other, but none to fight each other. As many wars as the US has been in, they don't start wars for nothing.

Last edited:

Trade. And China are beginning to calm down in recent years, they're achieving immense economic growth, and they'll maintain it and become the #1 economy if they keep their relations with the world on good terms.

Not for nothing, but they're quite abundant. The uncertainty of the question lies inside economic and financial factors only. No more.

Why is it uncertain? They have reasons no to fight each other, but none to fight each other. As many wars as the US has been in, they don't start wars for nothing.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Well China doesn't have an agressive past, they don't invade other countries , contrairly to another asian country Japan (which I greatly admire and love) . But well, never say never. the only real dependable thing about the future is uncertainty^^

Trade. And China are beginning to calm down in recent years, they're achieving immense economic growth, and they'll maintain it and become the #1 economy if they keep their relations with the world on good terms.

Is this supposed to lend credence to your argument?

¬.¬

No I have University course tourettes.

Jewellery and Metalwork - Sheffield Hallam University.

Last edited:
So the US have put a blockade on the Iranian airline allegedly responsible for the ferrying of the suspects... seems reasonable.

If they escalate sanctions beyond that I'll probably agree with everyone who's said this is merely a filthy charade.

No, for this to happen things would have to have gone terribly terribly wrong on all accounts. Chances are so so small right now

So the US have put a blockade on the Iranian airline allegedly responsible for the ferrying of the suspects... seems reasonable.

If they escalate sanctions beyond that I'll probably agree with everyone who's said this is merely a filthy charade.

They'll escalate sanctions anyway on the nuclear issue (not because of this i should add)