• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
James Milner's move to Manchester City is being held up by Stephen Ireland's demands for a £2m payment to leave Eastlands, BBC Sport understands.

More...

Good I hope it does not happen at all...cant stad how Milner who was developed by O'Neill can turn his back like that

Milner wasn't developed at Villa, he came through the ranks at leeds then spent quite few seasons playing RW for us and even chipped in a few games at RB and CM, Leeds and Newcastle developed him mate

Good I hope it does not happen at all...cant stad how Milner who was developed by O'Neill can turn his back like that
He has ambition mate, he wants to join a club on the rise looking for CL football and Europa League success next season, not constantly finish 6th and 7th

I hope he delays it long enough that it doesnt go through. I would rather keep Ireland hes far more technically talented than Milner.

I hope he delays it long enough that it doesnt go through. I would rather keep Ireland hes far more technically talented than Milner.
it depends on what mancini wants to do with milner. if hes used like we use park he could a very good player. but apart from that im baffled as to why you would sign him

Personally i would have preferred Landon Donovan to Milner, hes a team player and always tries his hardest, and he would have been cheaper

You can have the money grabbing ****, I'd be ireland over Milner any day and the extra 20 or so million we could probably use to get a decent striker.

You can have the money grabbing ****, I'd be ireland over Milner any day and the extra 20 or so million we could probably use to get a decent striker.
how is he money grabbing? you guys are going backwards.

Backwards? We finished eighteenth and three 6th place finishes and a carling cup final. That's hardly backwards and argueably, we should have beaten united if Vidic would have got the red card he deserved.

Backwards? We finished eighteenth and three 6th place finishes and a carling cup final. That's hardly backwards and argueably, we should have beaten united if Vidic would have got the red card he deserved.
im talking about in relation to those around you. hes moving to a better club with the ability to reach their ambitons. lerner has all but given up on aiming for top 4, considering that was your target last season, thats going backwards

firstly without O'Neill backwards is the only way your going and secondly god this "vidic" bollocks again. yes he should have been sent off but who to say it would have ment you would have beat us? how often do 10 men teams pull out all the stocks?

Villa will now fall incredibly, before O'Neill came in, Villa were nothing more than a mid-table side, looking to push on, abit like Birmingham now.

He has ambition mate, he wants to join a club on the rise looking for CL football and Europa League success next season, not constantly finish 6th and 7th

What ambition??

If he does go to Manchester City,I can probably guarntee that he will be sitting on the bench most of the time with the likes of Silva and Balotelli if they get him around,If he does go there,I cant see him improving much as a player cos his will be warming his **** on the becnh most of the time and if he does get a chance in the first-team,2-3 bad performances and Adam Johnson comes in so that will certainly add lots of pressure on him and decrease his confidence.

I agree that Manchester City are a club on the way up but in the long-term I can see that many of their players will suffer due to lack of first-team opportunites and Mancini will also have to gel his stars in the right way for them to perform as Sir Alex Ferguson said.I dont think that this season they will qualify for the Champions League either and if Milner does go there where he is guarnteed to be on a rotational basis at the most from him being a first-choice at Aston Villa,he will only ruin his career and seriously hurt his chances to play for England

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Villa will now fall incredibly, before O'Neill came in, Villa were nothing more than a mid-table side, looking to push on, abit like Birmingham now.

How can you say they will,they have a good group of players and its probably going to be either Martin Jol or maybe Bob Bradley whose going to be their manager and they both are excellent Managers,I suppose I can remind you the wonders Bob Bradley produced with his USA Team in reaching the Confederations Cup Finals where they beat Spain and nearly beat Brazil,they were 2-0 up during half-time before they fell apart.

I dont understand why people think that without one player or a certain manager,a club is going to self-destruct,people used to say that about Chelsea when Mourinho left but we have won the 'Double' last season with Ancelloti.I suppose that Villa may not finish 6th again or reach the Carling Cup Final this season but they are not going to fall incredibly as you say

i like milner good young player but at that price city are being mugged! also big mistake letting ireland go he is very talanted i would have him at arsenal 4 sure.

Seeing as you dont know the formation that City will play or team they will pick how can you say that Milner wont be first choice in his position? Especially when he will be a Mancini signing. Also, Martin Jol wont be going to Villa because thats the whole reason he didnt go to Fulham because he is staying at Ajax.

Seeing as you dont know the formation that City will play or team they will pick how can you say that Milner wont be first choice in his position? Especially when he will be a Mancini signing. Also, Martin Jol wont be going to Villa because thats the whole reason he didnt go to Fulham because he is staying at Ajax.

I was only speculating but common sense would derive that with the likes of Silva,Adam Johnson,Shaun-Wright Philipps in contetnion for places with him,I really wont rate his chances that highly of being a sure starter...if Balotelli arrives all the more worse

Maybe Martin Jol won't go,its all speculation right now but its obvious that Villa wont fall incredibly with O'Neill as NUFC_Tony says

What ambition??

If he does go to Manchester City,I can probably guarntee that he will be sitting on the bench most of the time with the likes of Silva and Balotelli if they get him around,If he does go there,I cant see him improving much as a player cos his will be warming his **** on the becnh most of the time and if he does get a chance in the first-team,2-3 bad performances and Adam Johnson comes in so that will certainly add lots of pressure on him and decrease his confidence.

I agree that Manchester City are a club on the way up but in the long-term I can see that many of their players will suffer due to lack of first-team opportunites and Mancini will also have to gel his stars in the right way for them to perform as Sir Alex Ferguson said.I dont think that this season they will qualify for the Champions League either and if Milner does go there where he is guarnteed to be on a rotational basis at the most from him being a first-choice at Aston Villa,he will only ruin his career and seriously hurt his chances to play for England

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

How can you say they will,they have a good group of players and its probably going to be either Martin Jol or maybe Bob Bradley whose going to be their manager and they both are excellent Managers,I suppose I can remind you the wonders Bob Bradley produced with his USA Team in reaching the Confederations Cup Finals where they beat Spain and nearly beat Brazil,they were 2-0 up during half-time before they fell apart.

I dont understand why people think that without one player or a certain manager,a club is going to self-destruct,people used to say that about Chelsea when Mourinho left but we have won the 'Double' last season with Ancelloti.I suppose that Villa may not finish 6th again or reach the Carling Cup Final this season but they are not going to fall incredibly as you say
What Ambition? I dont know, maybe the fact Mancini wants the top 4 this season, and his signings justify that, our owners want a league title in the next couple of years, Chelsea fans know nothing about football

What ambition??

So ******* true, The lesser playing time he gets,, more are the chances he will regress and wont make it to England squad. They cant bench their multi million pound foreigners, so its dead certain that Milner will be playing less.

Right winger they have Balotelli, Johnson
Left, Silva, Balotelli, Johnson
Central, Tevez, Silva
CM Yaya, De jong.

Any position he wont be the first choice. I like Milner but 20M plus Ireland? I would sell any day of the week.

There's abit of difference between managing the USA national side and one of the biggest teams in English football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back