Ireland demands delay Milner move

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
So ******* true, The lesser playing time he gets,, more are the chances he will regress and wont make it to England squad. They cant bench their multi million pound foreigners, so its dead certain that Milner will be playing less.

Right winger they have Balotelli, Johnson
Left, Silva, Balotelli, Johnson
Central, Tevez, Silva
CM Yaya, De jong.

Any position he wont be the first choice. I like Milner but 20M plus Ireland? I would sell any day of the week.
Balotelli is a striker, not a winger, if desparate he can play inside forward. Tevez is not an AM,

What Ambition? I dont know, maybe the fact Mancini wants the top 4 this season, and his signings justify that, our owners want a league title in the next couple of years, Chelsea fans know nothing about football

So what you are saying is that that players should not care what club they join as long as that club will be in the top 4,no matter if they do get any playing time or if there ae in the first-team.

Ambition for a player is moslty looking at a club where he can improve as a player the most not where he can sit on the bench for most of the time and collect medals.Obviously y'all are happy as long as you are buying class players and then ruining their careers as you did to Shaun-Wright Phillips and Bellamy and now probably going to do it to Ireleand too and in a couple of years it will be Milner

Balotelli is a striker, not a winger, if desparate he can play inside forward. Tevez is not an AM,
balotelli can play both, so can tevez (as in attacking mid/forward) not sure why people are so against milner going to city. if he had gone to united people would be say its a great move. he wouldnt start there either. what hes doing is moving out his comfort zone, hes gonna have to raise his game to make himself indenspensible. and that can only benefit england

Last edited:
I was only speculating but common sense would derive that with the likes of Silva,Adam Johnson,Shaun-Wright Philipps in contetnion for places with him,I really wont rate his chances that highly of being a sure starter...if Balotelli arrives all the more worse

Maybe Martin Jol won't go,its all speculation right now but its obvious that Villa wont fall incredibly with O'Neill as NUFC_Tony says

The way I see it is Super Mario wont be played wide right and neither will Adam Johnson. Shaun Wright-Phillips hardly played under Mancini last season which is why I think if they are going to play with wide players I think Milner would be first choice on the right. Also would not be suprised if SWP ended up being sold. Although I would rather keep him and Bellamy and get rid of Santa Cruz.

I dont see how Villa are going to improve on 6th. Liverpool will be stronger this season along with City and Spurs pushing Arsenal, Chelsea and United so with Villa probably selling one of their best players and it being unlikely they will spend a huge amount of the reported £18-20mil they are getting as they apparently have quite a bit of debt. Everton will also be stronger this season if they keep the likes of Arteta fit. Personally I think the best Villa can hope for this season is 8th. If they get a decent manager in.

What Ambition? I dont know, maybe the fact Mancini wants the top 4 this season, and his signings justify that, our owners want a league title in the next couple of years, Chelsea fans know nothing about football

Lol City fan said this?

Milner would be better off staying at Villa. I'd like him to stay, he's a great player. Considering Villa nearly got relegated the season before O'Neill came in, I say his brought the team upto a good level. Now a new manager will come in, make use of the squad and be more sensible in the transfer market. I say if Villa get a new manager soon, we'll still be challenging for top 6.

The way I see it is Super Mario wont be played wide right and neither will Adam Johnson. Shaun Wright-Phillips hardly played under Mancini last season which is why I think if they are going to play with wide players I think Milner would be first choice on the right. Also would not be suprised if SWP ended up being sold. Although I would rather keep him and Bellamy and get rid of Santa Cruz.

I dont see how Villa are going to improve on 6th. Liverpool will be stronger this season along with City and Spurs pushing Arsenal, Chelsea and United so with Villa probably selling one of their best players and it being unlikely they will spend a huge amount of the reported £18-20mil they are getting as they apparently have quite a bit of debt. Everton will also be stronger this season if they keep the likes of Arteta fit. Personally I think the best Villa can hope for this season is 8th. If they get a decent manager in.

The thing is mate that if they do play MIlner first-chocie initially and if he does flop in say 3-4 games,they willd rop him right away and play Silva or Super Mario there cos of the incredible amount of competition for the first-team there it will be hard for anyone to cement a first-team place.

Even Shay Given is not guarnteed his place and so his Joe Hart who was one of the best goalkeeper's last season

Balotelli can play as winger. Last season he played for Inter in that position. Talk about Chelsea fan doesnt know anything about football.

Tevez is a striker, who drops deep and occupies that AM position.

So what you are saying is that that players should not care what club they join as long as that club will be in the top 4,no matter if they do get any playing time or if there ae in the first-team.

Ambition for a player is moslty looking at a club where he can improve as a player the most not where he can sit on the bench for most of the time and collect medals.Obviously y'all are happy as long as you are buying class players and then ruining their careers as you did to Shaun-Wright Phillips and Bellamy and now probably going to do it to Ireleand too and in a couple of years it will be Milner

Corect me if im wrong but didn't Chelsea **** SWP career up, he shouldn't of left for Chelsea in the first place

The thing is mate that if they do play MIlner first-chocie initially and if he does flop in say 3-4 games,they willd rop him right away and play Silva or Super Mario there cos of the incredible amount of competition for the first-team there it will be hard for anyone to cement a first-team place.

Even Shay Given is not guarnteed his place and so his Joe Hart who was one of the best goalkeeper's last season

So you are basing your point on the hope that one of Villas most consistent players in the last few years might flop? Interesting. Either way I'm sure he knows he has to perform to stay in the team. I'd imagine that Mancinis hopes are that the players that are not guarunteed first team football week in, week out, work harder in training to prove that they deserve a place. Not just give up and assume that is the end of their career as you seem to be suggesting.

Corect me if im wrong but didn't Chelsea **** SWP career up, he shouldn't of left for Chelsea in the first place

I agree that they did **** his career up but we are on the topic of Man City and atleast we did not **** it up as much as Man City have...

So you are basing your point on the hope that one of Villas most consistent players in the last few years might flop? Interesting. Either way I'm sure he knows he has to perform to stay in the team. I'd imagine that Mancinis hopes are that the players that are not guarunteed first team football week in, week out, work harder in training to prove that they deserve a place. Not just give up and assume that is the end of their career as you seem to be suggesting.
like i said. i bet if he had gone to united, people would say its a good move for him. he wouldnt have started there either

Milner is not a young player anymore, he is at the age where he should try to play for a team that has a chance of winning something. Milner is the same age as Silva so Milner should be trying to be as good or better than him and that is what he is doing.
I dont think Milner is in it for the Money and i dont think that Mancini is just buying him for the the sake of it, Milner and Mancini obviously think that he is good enough to compete for a place alongside Silva etc.

I am assuming that if he does flop,what could happen....and yes good players do flop when they move clubs

Robinho 2nd Season at Man City
Kaka at Real Madrid
The entire England Team at the World Cup
Shaun-Wright Philipps at Man City
Bellamy at numerous clubs
Ibrahimovic at Barcelona

They are a few examples,I agree that with most of them they have been svereal external problems aswell but this could happen to Milner no matter how consistent he is

I am assuming that if he does flop,what could happen....and yes good players do flop when they move clubs

Kaka at Real Madrid
Ibrahimovic at Barcelona

They are a few examples,I agree that with most of them they have been svereal external problems aswell but this could happen to Milner no matter how consistent he is
if buts and maybes. he could also be a big success. that is the gamble of a transfer

Kaka at Real Madrid
Ibrahimovic at Barcelona

Robinho has found it hard to adjust to English lifestyle
Kaka was injured alot of the season.
SWP has hardly flopped.
Not really sure how Ibrahimovic flopped.

Yes, some of those players have had bad form, but you would say that is the end of their careers? Really? Even the whole England team?

One bad season is hardly gonna kill the careers of these players is it?

Robinho has found it hard to adjust to English lifestyle
Kaka was injured alot of the season.
SWP has hardly flopped.
Not really sure how Ibrahimovic flopped.

Yes, some of those players have had bad form, but you would say that is the end of their careers? Really? Even the whole England team?

One bad season is hardly gonna kill the careers of these players is it?

A career can be finished sometimes in one season mate,Robinho nearly did it when he went to Man City and now he is on loan back at Brazil

Ibrahimovic was being dropped mostly for Bojan and now they have gone and bought Villa to replace him

Kaka was injured for a lot fo the season and I did mention that they were external problems with them

this is about milner, not a city bashing thread

A career can be finished sometimes in one season mate,Robinho nearly did it when he went to Man City and now he is on loan back at Brazil

Ibrahimovic was being dropped mostly for Bojan and now they have gone and bought Villa to replace him

Kaka was injured for a lot fo the season and I did mention that they were external problems with them

Robinho is back at City and widely expected to stay now. I think you are mistaking dropping for rotation to be honest. As good as Ibrahimovic is and the huge fee they paid for him, he isnt going to play every game.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

this is about milner, not a city bashing thread

Every thread that has anything to do with City ends up like that anyway tbh. ;)

City are signing an international footballer who can play in at least 3 positions to a high standard and has proved his worth at three clubs already in the country they play in. IMO, this is one of their better thought out transfers. Silva, Balotelli and Yaya stand more chance of flopping than Milner as they have no experience of the high-tempo physical English game. City are building a squad to seriously challenge the elite so they need two (even three) players in every position.

Also, why do people think Bellmay has been a flop at all his clubs? TBH, I don't recall him flopping at any of his previous clubs -- sure, his aggressive attitude has probably forced him to move on, but on the pitch he's no way a flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back