Ireland set for Aston Villa exit

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 2K
Ireland is a talented footballer, but must have a really poor attitude, im pretty sure that if he applied himself well in training, he would be in the starting 11 for Villa every week, so he is to blame IMO. Needs to settle down at a club, and let his feet do the talking. Gonna throw Fulham into the possible clubs who could take him, Mark Hughes is a big fan and fulham play some nice football

Houllier says in the link that he plays well in training. You can't say Villa didn't give him a chance: he had numerous opportunities which he spurned one after the other. So yeah, I'm pretty convinced he has a ****-poor attitude.

This was called out a few weeks ago on a popular fan forum by a person itk, its no suprise, also dont post if you havent got a clue =P.
Hes been lazy, light on the ball and clueless; i can also see gabby leaving in 1-2 windows time, yet 5-6players comming in so no worries on the villa front, we'll always be a huge club and players that couldnt give two tosses can eff off to a club that revolves around a board pilling money into a sport they know nothing about |).
Haha sorry had to add you have to love the childishness of a blue nose liking the op, its like when MON it never caused much stir amongst villa fans before the west ham game and no one cared, yet rival clubs were obssessed on the topic, gotta love how they all follow the villa with such dedication ;)

Last edited:
Back to Man City please :) We've lost the creative midfielder, which was you in the first place, so come back and re-take that creative midfield role again. Stevie Ireland!

Last edited:
Houllier says in the link that he plays well in training. You can't say Villa didn't give him a chance: he had numerous opportunities which he spurned one after the other. So yeah, I'm pretty convinced he has a ****-poor attitude.

Thats what im saying mate, its because of his attitude

This was called out a few weeks ago on a popular fan forum by a person itk, its no suprise, also dont post if you havent got a clue =P.
Hes been lazy, light on the ball and clueless; i can also see gabby leaving in 1-2 windows time, yet 5-6players comming in so no worries on the villa front, we'll always be a huge club and players that couldnt give two tosses can eff off to a club that revolves around a board pilling money into a sport they know nothing about |)

I'm not sure I see Gabby going he's a local lad and (to the best of my knowledge) a Villa fan.
He may be a bit unhappy with the lack of first team action but (deep breath) Heskey has been better than him this season and he's struggled for fitness.
We've just got to give Houllier time to make his mark, he will buy players that will suit his style of football and I think I can almost guarantee that we'd be at least 7 points better off this season with James Milner in our squad still, he was everything that Ireland has not been this season, hard working, dedicated and would not have complained about Houllier's methods.
I see good stuff for us as long as the players get behind Houllier. He has made a great point that they have one of the best jobs in the world and they have extremely high salaries and get to do something they love and enjoy, they need to remember that before they throw their toys out of the pram.

regarding gabby idk whether its his recent fitness; illness and physical, but his performances and attitude generally have not be anywhere near professional standards, apparently in training hes took to the methods of big john =s....
All we need is mutu and we have the 3 amigos at the rocket club :P

Back to Man City please :) We've lost the creative midfielder, which was you in the first place, so come back and re-take that creative midfield role again. Stevie Ireland!

Um... swap him for Milner? :P

Thats what im saying mate, its because of his attitude

Yeah I know, I wasn't criticising I was agreeing. ;)

I'm not sure I see Gabby going he's a local lad and (to the best of my knowledge) a Villa fan.
He may be a bit unhappy with the lack of first team action but (deep breath) Heskey has been better than him this season and he's struggled for fitness.
We've just got to give Houllier time to make his mark, he will buy players that will suit his style of football and I think I can almost guarantee that we'd be at least 7 points better off this season with James Milner in our squad still, he was everything that Ireland has not been this season, hard working, dedicated and would not have complained about Houllier's methods.
I see good stuff for us as long as the players get behind Houllier. He has made a great point that they have one of the best jobs in the world and they have extremely high salaries and get to do something they love and enjoy, they need to remember that before they throw their toys out of the pram.

Agreed on Gabs, don't see him leaving anytime soon. Heskey's been a ****** tank this season, proving his worth time and again.

Actually I agree with most of what you've said. We can judge Houllier when everyone's back and he's bought his new signings. He's bringing through good, ball-playing youngsters like Bannan and Clark. The future is bright. UTV.

regarding gabby idk whether its his recent fitness; illness and physical, but his performances and attitude generally have not be anywhere near professional standards, apparently in training hes took to the methods of big john =s....
All we need is mutu and we have the 3 amigos at the rocket club :P

His performances haven't been too bad, not great but considering his lack of game time he's been alright. If his attitude off the field has been poor then you can count on Houllier to sort it out, he won't stand for any dissent from his players

David Silva not good enough then? ;)

bring him over here to portugal!! we need that sort of player here for sporting cp!! hehe.

In the last 7 or so years i haven't missed a single second of Stephen Irelands career. I was at pretty much every game he played for us. He was always a very gifted player with increadible vision but all too often he lacked the concentration and drive to make the most of his great talent.

He's also a bit well... nuts, combign that with the fact he isn't the sharpest tool in the box and that is also a large reason why i unfortunately don't believe he will ever reach the hights his talent deserves. There has been hundreds of players like him down the years who showed there was a great player in there but for whom it never quite happend. Stephen is probably the most frustrating player i've ever seen play. In all honestly he had one very good season for us two years ago but the vast majority of his career he has been largly disapointing.

It was completely obvious he never wanted to leave City and being traded for a player like Miner who he probably felt he was at a similar level too realy hurt him. Having to leave the club you love just as they start to get massive investment and are genuine contenders must be a *******. But Villa aren't exactly *****. He could have a great career there lifting major silverware along the way.

I doubt he will go to Spurs, Arsenal or a similar level club. More likely Newcastle, Sunderland or at a push Liverpool. I hear Roy Hodgeson is a big fan and wanted to sign him for Fulham. Indeed Joining up with Hughes at Craven Cottage would also make sense.

Wherever he goes i hope he finaly becomes the player he has always promised he could be. As nuts and infuriating as he is he's always someone i'll have a soft spot for. As they say, "Once a blue, Always a blue" ^^)

Last edited:
Didn't want to leave Man City to start with and in my opinion shouldn't have been sold, it's not as if Silva has set the Premiership on fire. Ireland isn't great player with a reputation of a silva type player but he gave his all and got into good positions 2007/2008 being a prime example of what he's capable of.

His attitude at Villa is a worry, this is a career move which could make or break his reputation.

Didn't want to leave Man City to start with and in my opinion shouldn't have been sold, it's not as if Silva has set the Premiership on fire. Ireland isn't great player with a reputation of a silva type player but he gave his all and got into good positions 2007/2008 being a prime example of what he's capable of.

His attitude at Villa is a worry, this is a career move which could make or break his reputation.

WHAT!!! Are you crazy. David Silva has been imense. What the **** have you been watching? He is probably the best creative mid in the country along with Spanish buddy Fabrigas. He will be the driving force in Citys success for years to come.

Silva, Yaya and Kolarov have all been awesome so far for City and Ballotelli has scored 6 in 8 games and is probably the most exciting young talent on the planet right now. If only he wasn't such a spoiled brat. Milner and Boateng have both shown quality but are still settling in.

All in all however Mancinis buys have been fantastic. And to say Silva "hasn't exactly set the premiership on fire" is crazy because well, he has :)

He's only 23 and can still learn respect for his trade. I would have him over at Man United in a flash.
Ferguson would work wonders with his head and turn him into the footballer he should be.

he and Sven are good mates though and we have alot of cash to spend

Sven thinks he's mates with everyone.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't lower his standards, and play in the championship.

Back