Ireland set for Aston Villa exit

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 2K
Wanted him when he was leaving City, but the way he's performed, there's no place for him in our team, Lucas, Merieles, and Gerrard would keep him subbed.

Word on the street is he is headin to paradise :)

Hopefully Mr Ireland does join Celtic on loan, That way Celtic will have another player in their ranks with no desire or hunger for the game. You might as well gift wrap the title & hand it to the mighty Rangers is if he joins you ;)

As someone said earlier, he should go to Bolton.They are a team pushing for Europe and if he does regain his form,then he might do wonders for them

Hopefully Mr Ireland does join Celtic on loan, That way Celtic will have another player in their ranks with no desire or hunger for the game. You might as well gift wrap the title & hand it to the mighty Rangers is if he joins you ;)
We will be full of desire and hunger when Brown comes back :)

I heard he wants to leave because he is not motivated there because he feels he was just a make weigh in the milner deal

Dont want ireland at United to be honest, he lacks the drive to keep trying to play when things arent going well, something thats key at United.

I think he would fit in well with Everton, Bolton or Newcastle

I heard he wants to leave because he is not motivated there because he feels he was just a make weigh in the milner deal

That is correct.

This has come to no surprise to people from Birmingham at all!

The lad never wanted to come to the city, regardless of what club, he is picking up his paycheck and not showing any passion for the shirt at all.

Shame really he could have really been a force at villa park, i know i was worried when the deal went through!

But that is a massive problem with us Midlands clubs, were not an attractive area to live which is a potential major factor for not being able to attract the top players.

I don't think he will better himself wherever he goes, he will go to a similar stature if not slightly less to get himself back into the game and performing to a decent standard, then maybe move on again in a few years time.

He was brilliant a couple of seasons ago, hope he can go somewhere and recover his form, then come out of international retirement for Ireland. Move to Villa just hasn't worked out, he really needs to be played as an advanced playmaker to get anything out of him.

Dont get him at all, hes probably one of the top 3 players at aston villa. He needs to grow up and start trying

I wouldn't want him at Everton. Heard a few Villa fans saying they're glad he's going. They say he's lazy, doesnt challenge for the ball, doesnt back track for the ball if he loses it. If thats the case, he wouldnt fit in at Goodison, and he wouldn't set a good example for youngsters.

That is correct.

This has come to no surprise to people from Birmingham at all!

The lad never wanted to come to the city, regardless of what club, he is picking up his paycheck and not showing any passion for the shirt at all.

Shame really he could have really been a force at villa park, i know i was worried when the deal went through!

But that is a massive problem with us Midlands clubs, were not an attractive area to live which is a potential major factor for not being able to attract the top players.

I don't think he will better himself wherever he goes, he will go to a similar stature if not slightly less to get himself back into the game and performing to a decent standard, then maybe move on again in a few years time.

Indeed. Agreed with everything you say more or less.

I wouldn't want him at Everton. Heard a few Villa fans saying they're glad he's going. They say he's lazy, doesnt challenge for the ball, doesnt back track for the ball if he loses it. If thats the case, he wouldnt fit in at Goodison, and he wouldn't set a good example for youngsters.

Yeup, that's more or less it. On the ball he shows flashes of quality, a flick here, a one-two there, but off the ball he's pretty **** bad. Far, far too lazy. Not good enough for Everton.

Dont get him at all, hes probably one of the top 3 players at aston villa. He needs to grow up and start trying

In terms of pure quality he probably is. Technically, he's excellent. However with his attitude, I wouldn't even put him in the top five Villa players.

He was brilliant a couple of seasons ago, hope he can go somewhere and recover his form, then come out of international retirement for Ireland. Move to Villa just hasn't worked out, he really needs to be played as an advanced playmaker to get anything out of him.

We played him as an advanced playmaker! We played him in his preferred position whenever we could, and he was cack.

Never mind. It was an experiment, it didn't work out. Hopefully we'll invest in some top-quality players over the winter window. If we get rid of Ireland, give Ashley a new deal making him our top earner and club captain so he doesn't leave from the proceeds, buy Santa Cruz and continue to bring through talent like Chris Herd, Ciaran Clark and Andreas Weimann (remember the last name, top quality player) we can do well.

Last edited:
Back