Is 8 new signings over the summer too much?

alexjp123

Reaction score
i just finished my 2nd season with Everton, and after getting to the quarter finals of the champs league and finishing 3rd in the prem, the board decided to give me £30m to play with. Seeing as i had many areas to strengthen i went all out. But will too many signings ruin my squad?

pre-season went well but i'm worried i may have got carried away - even if my team is much better

Falcao - £6.5m
Rafinha - £6m
Jan Oblak - £1
Eljero Elia - £1.1m tranfer bug apparently
Patrick Van Aanholt - Free
Simon Vukcevic - £7m
2 regens

As long as you dont put them all into the starting lineup immediately then it shouldnt affect the team too much really. Just introduce them gradually.

Not at all!!

I have took teams from League 2 to the Prem in consecutive seasons and to do that you must massively change your squad to get the quality in each time, never effected my team, except my player loyalty manager stat :$

Not at all. In almost all of my saves, I've tore the teams apart and rebuilt it around the key players. For instance in my Arsenal save I sold/loaned around ten players, and bought at least 8 - and I done the treble and only lost/drew about 8 times in the entire EPL season...

*Team blend on match preparation helps, i think :/

Yes!!!! don't put them in at the start, gradually

Transfer bug?
players becoming unhappy, transfer listed and bought for peanuts.
or you bid for them and it is rejected, then a few days later he is offered to you for less

but its fixed on the latest patch (i think, 99% sure)

I've just started my 3rd season with Everton, and signed 6/7 players, (after winning the title may i add) and it's took a while for them to gel in, so i'm looking to win the title (again) so just be careful about how many you start at a time

it wont affect your team that much. it can be a little harder in the first few matches but then you will play as normal

Only if your team was severely weakend in a certain place, i.e. your midfield, due to the sales of Mikel Arteta, Marouane Fellaini and Steven Pienaar. This is just an example by the way.

I made thirteen signings with Manchester City, all of whom, granted didn't make the starting line-up, but the team did well, and we achieved success - namely the Champions League. But that was in FM10. The same could be said for 11.

It takes time for the team to gel.

players becoming unhappy, transfer listed and bought for peanuts.
or you bid for them and it is rejected, then a few days later he is offered to you for less

but its fixed on the latest patch (i think, 99% sure)

Yeah, i think it is fixed. Why do they always have a transfer bug? they had one on FM10 as well when i bought iniesta for 5 million.

OT: 8 should be fine, just don't shunt all of them into the first team at the same time, they won't be able to play well together at first. Give them time to gel and actually learn english, but i sold nearly my whole fulham squad before and rebuilt but it was fine. Just make sure you keep a few english players and homegrown for the rules and stuff in case you ever reach europe.

8 signings? Thats low to me. I do a lot of LLM, and almost every season I tend to get rid of 80% of my squad and improve it with more signings, only 2/3 players ever stay more than 2 seasons in teams I manage, I tend to get in around 7-10 new first team players and a lot of youth players who could also fill some gaps and help out with squad depth. 18 new players a summer is standard for me. Usually always free transfers mind.

I easily do atleast 10 signings every save i do. The lower the league the more likely the players i sign are to actually be part of the first team. Usually when in championship and lower i sign players who will rotate with current players as well as a few youngsters for the future

Usually,i sign so much players but then put match prep to maximum and set to team blend.. ;)

Why my team always think that i dont give enough credit when i sign 4 or more player???

I have signed 24 players before :) alot of them youngsters of course so there is not much competition and comments from the 1st teamers... however, a lot were used :) I sort of believe this to be a falacy in my opinion :) I average on around 4-8 each transfer window most of the time :) well depending...

this i my chelsea team in the 1st season
cech,enyema,dida
srna,aurier,bosigwa,ivanovic,coates,galaeno,r miranda,terry,digne,coentrao,cole,goncalves
rodwell,essien,ramieres,mikel,lampard,hamsik,jadson,mcearchan,adryan,correa,lucas,annan,
drogba,neymar,lukauk,costa,gurich,sanchez,moralez,hazard,sanogo

i bought 25 players for my first team and sold 10 on i bought more but loaned them out cause they were young and needed devolping and if i had more money ic ould have bought messi but he was asking for £1,700p/m and i could only offer £1,300 p/m

this i my chelsea team in the 1st season
cech,enyema,dida
srna,aurier,bosigwa,ivanovic,coates,galaeno,r miranda,terry,digne,coentrao,cole,goncalves
rodwell,essien,ramieres,mikel,lampard,hamsik,jadson,mcearchan,adryan,correa,lucas,annan,
drogba,neymar,lukauk,costa,gurich,sanchez,moralez,hazard,sanogo

i bought 25 players for my first team and sold 10 on i bought more but loaned them out cause they were young and needed devolping and if i had more money ic ould have bought messi but he was asking for £1,700p/m and i could only offer £1,300 p/m
wow :|

They gel in 100% after half a season, but if they're quality it shouldn't affect your team at all...

Ah, no problem with that :)! I usually sign many people, mostly youngsters too! plus a few 5,6 first teamers very often.