Is El Nino world class or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobcheev

Reaction score
Nando has had a miserable world cup - he also had an indifferent Euro Nations 2 years back ( despite scoring the final winner ). He is treated in Spain as a national icon but is continually overshadowed by David Villa when playing for the national team.

Does his standing now need to be reassesed & downgraded from world class, as football pundits always laud him, to international class at best ? He is AWSOME at club level for LFC, & personally, I wouldn't care if he never played for Spain again as long as he continues to grace The Reds, but realistically can he now be considered truly world class ?

Granted, he may be suffering from lack of physical/ match fitness after his injury lay off, but if memory serves he was fine for the 2008 Euros, & he never seems to shine for his country

(H)

i think he is world class and remember he still is pretty young so he may not even be at his best yet

Stupid thread. Torres Is world class, he's just out of form and is injured.

Torres is #World Class

/end thread.

Yes, at the World Cup he's been injured and after coming off a season of barely playing he isn't going to be on top of his game.

I didn't want him to go the World Cup, he was never going to be fit enough, and it was a silly decision, by a nation that can't help but get him injured, all the time

Who would even question his ability? He hasn't had a great season due to injury which is shown with his heavy touch but one bad season doesn't make a player bad.

Also, are Rooney and Messi still world class because they haven't had a great World Cup?

Last edited:
torres owned the 2009 confederations cup 9 minute hatrick v new zealand

Who would even question his ability? He hasn't had a great season due to injury which is shown with his heavy touch but one bad season doesn't make a player bad.

Also, are Rooney and Messi still world class because they haven't had a great World Cup?

One thing, Messi had a great WC, but just didnt score, he was probably the best Argentina had

One thing, Messi had a great WC, but just didnt score, he was probably the best Argentina had
He was decent but he wasn't spectacular, he had a couple of good runs, probably wasn't helped by the fact that his teamates didn't play great.

probably something to do with the two rounds of surgery he hand just before the world cup, and he has had no time to recover. he was something like 53 goals in 67 starts for liverpool, not a bad record

i consider messi to be world class, but i really dont rate rooney.

A 100%, resounding, yes.

Amazing player. Basically, what everyone else has said above for the positives.

i believe so. at club level he is arguably the best striker in the world.

Torres - Great player
He had bad karma on WC :p

probably something to do with the two rounds of surgery he hand just before the world cup, and he has had no time to recover. he was something like 53 goals in 67 starts for liverpool, not a bad record

i consider messi to be world class, but i really dont rate rooney.

finally some realism. i cant believe some people actually think rooney is the best striker in the world. he would struggle to get into the top ten IMO. im not saying he is a bad player, he is very good, but in my view hes not up there. and no im not just saying this because he had a bad world cup, and yes i am english :)

tbh asking wether torres is world class or not is just like asking are chelsea the premier league champions the answer is obvious

This is as bad if not worse than the "is Drogba good" thread.

Of course he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.