Is El Nino world class or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernando Torres is one of the top 5 strikers in the world.

This is as bad if not worse than the "is Drogba good" thread.

Of course he is.

this is what i was going to say, rooney had a shocking world cup but is he ****??? he plays for a nation who are blessed with sensational talent at the moment and gets up staged by a certain david villa!!! torres is a sensational striker and if he can over come his injury properly then we will scare the **** out ov defences again for years to come.

Don't think this thread was necessary. He's played average at the World Cup but due to injury's etc. I didn't see this thread being made when he was scoring left right and centre for Liverpool. People were licking his ****.

Just to let you know. The Liverpool fans will come running in their thousands and let you know what they think about this ;)

Vincent Del Bosque took the gamble by taking Torres to the WC. Due to Torres' status in football it would be foolish not to see one of Spain's finest goalscorers in South Africa. Hasn't turned out well, Torres clearly isn't fully fit. This is similar with Capello taking the injured Gareth Barry, as a result, his performances weren't successful.

Hopefully this could be a lesson to future international management...

He was decent but he wasn't spectacular, he had a couple of good runs, probably wasn't helped by the fact that his teamates didn't play great.

Pretty sure Argentina had one bad game? Shouldn't forget how well they played prior to that.

On topic -- a fully fit Torres is definately one of the best striking options gracing the modern game.

finally some realism. i cant believe some people actually think rooney is the best striker in the world. he would struggle to get into the top ten IMO. im not saying he is a bad player, he is very good, but in my view hes not up there. and no im not just saying this because he had a bad world cup, and yes i am english :)

where were you for the whole EPL season?

Vincent Del Bosque took the gamble by taking Torres to the WC. Due to Torres' status in football it would be foolish not to see one of Spain's finest goalscorers in South Africa. Hasn't turned out well, Torres clearly isn't fully fit. This is similar with Capello taking the injured Gareth Barry, as a result, his performances weren't successful.

Hopefully this could be a lesson to future international management...

Very similar to the Euros -- Torres was gash until the final, but that one performance is all anyone remembers. If he scores in the WC Final the same thing will happen -- in two years, everything before the final will be forgotten. He's a big game player and can win games for you. That's why they risk taking him. Having David Villa probably makes the decision easier mind :)

Just to let you know. The Liverpool fans will come running in their thousands and let you know what they think about this ;)
Start counting. :)
Torres is World Class. Period. Currently one of the best strikers in the world.

BTW, I think Rooney is also World Class. Didn't Real Madrid try to pry him away from Man Utd for about 100-150m pounds(or maybe euros) last year? I believe that rarely happen for non-World Class players.

finally some realism. i cant believe some people actually think rooney is the best striker in the world. he would struggle to get into the top ten IMO. im not saying he is a bad player, he is very good, but in my view hes not up there. and no im not just saying this because he had a bad world cup, and yes i am english :)

Are you actually kidding? So you can name 10 better Strikers than Wayne Rooney? And no i'm not a Manchester United fan but Rooney is easily in the top 4 Strikers in the World. I agree that Torres or Villa is the best, but for me Rooney is behind them.

Cheers for the imput, guys - it's nice to know our No. 9 is appreciated by all.

If you read my original post, I merely pointed out the marked disparity between Nando's club & country form. This has been happening for several years now - not just in the current world cup. I was making what I thought was a valid observation ( having said that, he'll now probably be taking home the match ball on sunday ).

Maybe he just misses his partner Stevie G when turning out for Espana ! (H)

where were you for the whole EPL season?

mate like i said, hes not a bad player. hes very good. i just said hes not up there with the very best. and besides, one v good season doesnt make him the best striker in the world.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Are you actually kidding? So you can name 10 better Strikers than Wayne Rooney? And no i'm not a Manchester United fan but Rooney is easily in the top 4 Strikers in the World. I agree that Torres or Villa is the best, but for me Rooney is behind them.

its just opinion i suppose. okay maybe he is in the top 10. what i was getting at is that it baffles me how people can say he is actually the best in the world. i just think hes on a different level to torres, villa, drogba etc. anyway i know this is a very contreversial view so let the assault on me begin :)

oh and by the way apologies for resurrecting an old thread :)

Are you retarded or not?

*The answers yes btw*

mate just because you disagree about something thats no reason to descend into stupid name calling, thats so weak. okay, you dont think im right, either say so in a polite way or just dont comment at all.

Of course he is world class.
He was still recovering from injuries when WC. And was not so irrelevant at Euro 2008, despite scoring just a few goals.

Oh, and don't you think aht he is treated here in Spain like an icon by everybody. Many people still criticize him.

Status
Not open for further replies.