King Sid

Reaction score
So I'm kind of low on funds at the moment and I was just wondering what people's opinions were about FM13? I have FM12, haven't played it in a few months because I've been away and struggling to get back into it now. I don't think I'll be able to get back into 12 at all.

I feel like if I buy FM13 I'll get back into playing it but is it really worth buying a new game every year? I've done the same with FIFA this year and am not going to buy it but i'm struggling to convince myself with FM. I've looked at the changes they've made and things like that but next year will just be the same, they'll be big changes again just in other areas, I may as well wait until next year shouldn't I?

So what do people think, is FM13 worth buying or not?

Who knows?

Its certainly got me more excited than 11 and 12 did.

Try the demo when it lands and decide for yourself.

to be honest i see your point. all that changed is a few bits and bobs. and maybe skin layout. oh well just gona have to wait and see.

Adding a whole new mode is changing a few bits and bobs?

They've revamped a lot. This definitely isn't the one to miss as I think they've spent the previous year doing these changes as well.

i'm kind ofasking myself the same question after buying fifa 13 and paying fr a fe more games ut in the next few months i'll just be downloading the demo an making my making my decision on that

They've revamped a lot. This definitely isn't the one to miss as I think they've spent the previous year doing these changes as well.

Have they really revamped it a lot though? Yes they have a new mode, yes they've made other changes but will those changes really make that much difference to the players who are regular FM players?

Imo it's not the number of changes made, but WHERE the changes have been made where they were most needed. And it would seem these changes have been applied along with a few bonuses. So for me I'll be buying it not because of the number made, but where.

Well i see your point, it is certainly hard for them to substantially improve FM with every edition after so many years (and i'm sure there are some old CM players around here as well).

But for what it's worth it certainly seems like a bigger deal than FM12 was.

Have they really revamped it a lot though? Yes they have a new mode, yes they've made other changes but will those changes really make that much difference to the players who are regular FM players?

A revamped ME, the AI actually buying based on attributes and positions rather than purely on rep and CA? If they have pulled that off then yes, that will make that much of a difference.

Well i see your point, it is certainly hard for them to substantially improve FM with every edition after so many years (and i'm sure there are some old CM players around here as well).

But for what it's worth it certainly seems like a bigger deal than FM12 was.

I will make my mind up on the Beta. But there purported changes are certainly bigger than those for fm12.

I really like the visual improvements from what I've seen. I'm really looking forward to the demo!

I was slightly hoping for them to add faces to the tactic page like fut/fifa manager though, ex:

View attachment 278484
Having player faces instead of back of shirt would be nice and having the same thing on the tactics page. It's not really a big deal but it would be nice.

A revamped ME, the AI actually buying based on attributes and positions rather than purely on rep and CA? If they have pulled that off then yes, that will make that much of a difference.

Hopefully we'll be able to get a proper feel of that in the Demo then. I'm pretty much certain I'm going to get that but it's still interesting to hear other people's views. I'm finding it the same with all the games in similar situations, e.g. FIFA, F1 etc. Every game that comes out every single year is always going to have some problems with making the new features new enough and big enough of a change to keep regular buyers happy.

the AI actually buying based on attributes and positions rather than purely on rep and CA? If they have pulled that off then yes, that will make that much of a difference.

True, although it doesn't matter much in shorter games. But when i'm playing long-term there's always this moment when i start dominating, and i never really know if i'm so fantastic at managing or AI managers already ruined all the teams. :p

Yes, it's worth buying.

In my completely none bias opinion and I don't work for SI.

is buying the new edition of Fifa each year worth it? some might agree some may not, however, I for one will ALWAYS get the latest version as this series cannot go backwards.. its impossible.. it is not possible to make a worse game than its predecessor.. yes some of the years have had their problems which get fixed by the updates etc.. but that's what we have gotten used to over the years...

so the answer is:

Yes :) most definitely.

is buying the new edition of Fifa each year worth it? some might agree some may not, however, I for one will ALWAYS get the latest version as this series cannot go backwards.. its impossible.. it is not possible to make a worse game than its predecessor.. yes some of the years have had their problems which get fixed by the updates etc.. but that's what we have gotten used to over the years...

so the answer is:

Yes :) most definitely.

I could not agree more with Raikan.

OF COURSE FM 13 IS WORTH BUYING IT'S GOING TO BE THE BET GAME EVER!!!