Is FM2015 worth it?

• Thread starter Thread starter DannyT2k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 5K
Then I'm surprised, because it lacks runners. Making that IF an attack duty would do wonders and with basically a double pivot, you can be much more adventurous with one or even both wingbacks.

Retain Possession is limiting your creativity as it'll limit crossing and through balls/passes into space. You're left with an AF trying to find space and a static midfield trying to dribble through the defence after a slow build-up.

How are you generally scoring goals?

I haven't got the game loaded up to check exactly how we're scoring goals on the stats, but generally mixed. A mix of crosses and passes. Either a through ball from the AMC, sometimes to the AF but often to the AMR or AML who are running from a touch deeper in the channels, they are always pushing the space between the full backs and the CD's. The AF if he received the pass from the AMC, tends to pick it up 1v1 against a centre back inside the box or on the edge of the box, sometimes back to goal sometimes not, but either way, tends to get a bit of space away from the defender and gets a quick shot away (tries first time shots and shoots with power PPMs). Both my AF's are strong guys, so can do this without much difficulty even if the CD is marking a bit tighter.

The front 3 share the goal scoring, with the AF taking the lion share and the wider forwards picking up a very good number each, while contributing a lot of assists. For the wide players, I've retrained centre forwards with high acceleration, pace, dribbling and off the ball movement, but maybe not so much strength. So they're not afraid to take players on and drag players out of position to give the AMC/AF more space in the middle. The AML (IF) is naturally right footed as you would expect, so cuts inside with the ball and because he's got great dribbling/finishing is a real threat (also shoots with power). The AMR (winger) is right footed so either beats the full back and whips a cross into the powerful AF, or if my WB (auto) has already overlapped, which happens often thanks to the control mentality, the AMR ends up a bit narrower, and that's when the through ball often comes in from the AMC and he drives through the channel to shoot across the keeper - and as a retrained centre forward, he has excellent finishing, off the ball and dribbling so can do this duty perfectly. Even though the two wide players are both support, they're naturally so inclined to be aggressive. As we pressure high up the pitch (all the front players are set to close down much more as well), when we win the ball back, we really pack the opposition half straight away and a lot of the time we win it back around the halfway line from either the CM's or the CD's. Because of that, the full backs are always pushing up and overlapping. If the opposition is packing the middle, the wing backs find themselves plenty of space out wide as the opposition full backs get dragged a bit narrower, so they can cross from deep to the powerful AF.

So once we've won the ball high up the pitch, the formation quickly becomes:

CD CD
CM DLP
WB AMC WB
AMR CF AML

When we lose the ball, the formation reverts back to it's original shape, and with the fluid system, the CM's often drop back to cover the full backs if they're way up the pitch.

This conversation has spiralled pretty quickly from the original post. I have played 1000+ hours of every edition since CM days, I have also clocked countless hours on LMA Manager, Premier Manager, FIFA Manager, you name it I've abused it. At the end of the day its a simulation game, it's never going to be perfect but FM is still the best and most realistic football management simulation series of all time and FM15 is IMO the best yet. So just download the game, try it yourself and make your own decision!

This conversation has spiralled pretty quickly from the original post. I have played 1000+ hours of every edition since CM days, I have also clocked countless hours on LMA Manager, Premier Manager, FIFA Manager, you name it I've abused it. At the end of the day its a simulation game, it's never going to be perfect but FM is still the best and most realistic football management simulation series of all time and FM15 is IMO the best yet. So just download the game, try it yourself and make your own decision!

Yes absolutely we've gotten a little off topic here

I agree. The only person that can tell you whether or not the game is worth paying the money for, is you.

So download the demo and if you enjoy it then buy it.

Worth to buy? No if you don't like FM.

Worth to buy? No, if you don't like football simulation games.

Worth to buy? No if you need the money to eat or pay the rent.

Worth to buy? No, if you like the 14 ME.

Worth to buy? Yes, if you feel you belong to society in general, or don't want to be treated like an outcast.

Back