Is Football Manager too Easy? Finally achieved 1st undefeated season

vjcsmoke

Reaction score
So I finally achieved my first undefeated season in my 7th season of football manager. I have won the sextuple twice in the past 2 seasons. And now for the first time, zero losses in a season. I smashed La Liga record for points with 106. Averaged over 4.0 goals scored per game while giving up only .4 goals allowed per game.

Previous to being recruited by Spanish Giants Barcelona, I had coached Wolfsburg to two consecutive Bundesliga titles. Barcelona had fired their coach while being in 6th position in La Liga. Despite not adding any new talent to the squad, I coached them up to finish 2nd in the league that year. I am now the most decorated currently active manager in the world with 24 1st place trophies, 6 league titles, and 4 champions cup titles combined between Wolfsburg and Barcelona tenures.

So after achieving pretty much every honor possible in the game after a full 7 seasons career. I've got to conclude, FM is probably too easy? I could do a new save, but I'm pretty sure I could take any team with decent finances to the top. And I'm just not interested in managing small sides who have no ambitions for the champion's cup.

BTW This year's champion cup win felt almost lucky. Why? Because we were 1 goal down to Inter. Our starting Right Wingback commited a RED FLAG penalty! Then being a man down, we not only equalized, but the backup Right Wingback scored the Gamewinner in the 95th minute!!

For serious - check it out. I thought there was no way my side was going to pull it out, but we did!

Some people are complaining that it's too hard. For me, it's fine. Some rage-enducing moments, and some moments where you win everything. That's football.

By the way, I'm going strong on a Barca save. What year did you get Pogba in? And have you gotten any amazing prospects from your youth intake?

I'm going through the same process at the moment with this game. By 2022 I had my Athletic team 3x consecutive champions league winners (last victory was a 6-1 final win too), and 4x consecutive la liga winners including a 154 goal (league goals only) season. I decided to move on so went to a struggling Dortmund and we're now comfortably top of the Bundesliga and I know it's only a matter of time until I win the Champions League with them. If it doesn't feel like a great achievement to win the biggest trophy in club football why carry on? I've gone into LLM to do Dafuge's challenge but find it a bit tedious and just feels like I'm giving myself a really long road to eventually achieve the same thing anyway.

I could do with a new challenge as I love the game, but I've found this version in particular gets a bit easy when you're an established big club. I always do a long term Athletic Club save and usually that remains challenging with Barca/Real being so powerful, especially as I only sign Basque nationality 16 year olds as well - this usually makes it stay competitive for longer.

Last edited:
Some people are complaining that it's too hard. For me, it's fine. Some rage-enducing moments, and some moments where you win everything. That's football.

By the way, I'm going strong on a Barca save. What year did you get Pogba in? And have you gotten any amazing prospects from your youth intake?

I didn't get Pogba until season 6. Until that point I was unable to afford him and/or he wasn't interested in joining. He was my most expensive buy ever at 114m. Luckily I was able to fund his purchase by selling off Halliovic to Man City for 71m, and Richedly Bazoer to PSG for 55m, and Youri Tielemans to Chelsea for 30m.

My youth intake is typically not very good. I buy my regens from other people. Luckily my chief scout has 20/20 judge current and judge potential ability. 4 of my starting 11 in the last champions cup victory were regens that I acquired over the years - Fabio I purchased for 28m from Man United, Nikao I got for 7m from Atletico Mineiro, Araujo i got for 16m from Ajax, and Ferreira I got for 34m from SLB.

My best young players already with Barca were Munir (later sold for 71m), Halilovic (later sold for 71m), Samper (still with team), Grimaldo (later sold for 40m), and Quintilla (later sold for 56m).

The main thing that I notice is that right after the season is over, and after winning a few trophies, the value of ALL your players become overinflated. That's the best time to sell off guys that you don't see as part of your future core. And they can fund the purchases you need for the next season. For example, by selling off Grimaldo and Quintilla, I had plenty of money to buy Alaba (50m) from Bayern although he didn't join until season 7.

Last edited:
/says game is too easy, takes easiest team in game -_-

Wolfsburg can win the bundesliga led by the CPU as well and I've seen Atletic do that season one too.

How about now that you've done that, you take more challenging teams (and in the case that you're using plug n' play tactics, try not to).

its only easy when you try play and plug tactics... trust me creating your own tactic and playing as none of the big teams and started from near the bottom of the football pyramid... then youll see how the game really is.

Wolfsburg can win the bundesliga led by the CPU as well and I've seen Atletic do that season one too.

Athletic have a strong enough team to fluke the title first season yes, however with the Barca/Real superpowers plus the current strength of Atletico it should be near impossible. To consistently maintain that and challenge in Europe with only Basque players should remain challenging in the long term and has remained so for longer in previous FM's. Even within my save now, I pretty much need 100 points to win La Liga every season so Barca/Real are still strong, however when my team scores 150 league goals without any crazy exploits and with my own custom tactics it's not difficult to achieve that consistently.

Athletic have a strong enough team to fluke the title first season yes, however with the Barca/Real superpowers plus the current strength of Atletico it should be near impossible. To consistently maintain that and challenge in Europe with only Basque players should remain challenging in the long term and has remained so for longer in previous FM's. Even within my save now, I pretty much need 100 points to win La Liga every season so Barca/Real are still strong, however when my team scores 150 league goals without any crazy exploits and with my own custom tactics it's not difficult to achieve that consistently.

That's because you're Barcelona....

If you think it's too easy, don't be one of the best teams. Simple

I have to agree with SeanCade, I don't think there is any real challenge in playing as Barca. To say FM is too easy is not true, if you take a more realistic first job/club i.e. a non league/lower tier team, you create your own tactics, you handle media and training yourself, there will always be a challenge available. Taking a team that is only a few steps away from being the best in the world and helping them dominate isn't really a challenge. Having said that you still achieved something impressive so kudos to you!

There are tactics on this game that can break it really and make you win every game, using these makes no point in playing the game, my tactic took seasons of tweaking to get it right! I've won 16 out of 17 league games so far this season with Liverpool, which does look like the game is too easy, but for now I can;t say that because I failed in my 4 jobs before that. Some tactics only work with the right players.

An undefeated season with Barca is no achievement really! Make your own tactic and play as some other teams if you find the game too easy, my advice!