Is Giggs possible Ferguson's successor?

No, Too big a job for someone without experience in coaching . I think it will be a big name whos won leagues worldwide

He needs to retire first and I don't that happening for another 2/3 seasons...

Not an immediate successor, but he could easily be a future United manager.

id like to see him manage united someday but he has to retire first which will be another 40 years and then get coaching badges and expierience in management :p

nah, it'll be someone like Maureen/Hiddink/Van Gaal.

Maybe Giggsy or Neville after one of them.

Gary Neville will be United manager before him.

Who ever ends up replacing Sir Alex at Old Trafford will need to have vast experience. United need to get it right first time, a successor whom will have an impact and stay in the pack challenging for trophies.

Giggs has been a model professional, he has won so much and that will give him that winning mentality...but aside from Bruce not many former players have done all that well to be honest.

I'd say that Solskjaer would be ahead of him, experience working with the reserves and has just started his career at Molde. Depending on his successes there who knows.

But seriously as much as I love Giggsy experience is key for me, so it has to be a big name.

no not for me, i dont see managerial prescense in Giggs but i do see him as a coach.

I don't think a top club as ManU is will sign an inexperienced coach to succeed Ferguie.

But maybe in the future, yes.

There is already a deal for Mourinho to succeed Fergie when he retires. It was made before he joined Inter

Imo he's a certainty to manage them. However he wont be an immediate successor and will probably be "Fergusons apprentice".

And who has told you so, so you can be so sure about?
It's an open secret. Whether or not he will be his immediate successor is another question.

Mourinho won't leave until he has won the league in Spain or is fired and if Mourinho manages to find somone other than Higuain and Ronaldo to score goals and becomes successful then we will either see Fergie in place for a few more years or United being led by intermediary until Mourinho becomes avaliable.

The more interesting question is who will be in the position if Mourinho isn't instantly avaliable and Fergie doesn't want to do "one more season". It couldn't be someone too big like Capello, Van Gaal or Hiddink for obvious reasons and Moyes is probably their long-term solution after Mourinho. The likely candidates are probably Phelan, Bruce, Queiroz or Hughes; probably with Gary Neville as assistant.

Whoever the intermediary will be it would be the worst job in football. No money would be avaliable, all transfers would go through mourinho anyway, expectations will be high, morale will be low (after Fergie's exit) and all the young stars who have been nurtured by Fergie won't stick around because the United PR machine will lie and say that whoever is in charge is "here to stay".

Nope, it will be a mess... Unless some Emir from the middle east buys the other half of the club, that is...

It's an open secret. Whether or not he will be his immediate successor is another question.

Mourinho won't leave until he has won the league in Spain or is fired and if Mourinho manages to find somone other than Higuain and Ronaldo to score goals and becomes successful then we will either see Fergie in place for a few more years or United being led by intermediary until Mourinho becomes avaliable.

The more interesting question is who will be in the position if Mourinho isn't instantly avaliable and Fergie doesn't want to do "one more season". It couldn't be someone too big like Capello, Van Gaal or Hiddink for obvious reasons and Moyes is probably their long-term solution after Mourinho. The likely candidates are probably Phelan, Bruce, Queiroz or Hughes; probably with Gary Neville as assistant.

Whoever the intermediary will be it would be the worst job in football. No money would be avaliable, all transfers would go through mourinho anyway, expectations will be high, morale will be low (after Fergie's exit) and all the young stars who have been nurtured by Fergie won't stick around because the United PR machine will lie and say that whoever is in charge is "here to stay".

Nope, it will be a mess... Unless some Emir from the middle east buys the other half of the club, that is...

You must have Manchester United confused with another club. If Mourinho is not in charge of the club and is at another club, why on earth would all transfers go through him? He could sign anyone to **** the team up, and then become successful at Madrid, if your so called theory is correct.

You've contradicted yourself to prove that your little "open secret" is a load of nonsense.

Personally I dont think Ryan Giggs will become a manager, I think he will become a coach or at a push assistant manager, but thats just me thinking that, but I could be completely wrong.

One day, but I think he will manage Wales before Man Utd. A while a go I would have said that Mark Hughes would have been the first ex player to take over after Fergie finally leaves us in peace, but after his exploits of moving to Man City I now doubt that. Next manager after Fergie will have to be a big name, as those are going to be some big boots to fill. I've read (don't know how true it is) that Fergie will have some input into the decision making process for the next manager, so expect it to be somebody on the continent who he gets along with \ has respect for.