Is Giggs possible Ferguson's successor?

How is Ryan Giggs even considered a potential successor to Fergie, when he has ZERO coaching experience. Because he has played at UTD for 20 years? It worked for Guardiola but look at the talent he had at his disposal. I 'Guess' that Giggs will go and become coach somewhere else. i think his ambition may be higher than a UTD youth coach. This is only speculation on my part, but i think he'll go and do a nice Championship/League 1 job when he retires. Not sure he'll be a successful manager though.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

And the only guy to succeed Fergie is the obvious imo....Jose. He's the only guy with the requisite character and brings a gaurantee of success(if given a transfer budget). Let's face it, the style of football he brings to OT won't be any worse than what is currently on offer.

You must have Manchester United confused with another club. If Mourinho is not in charge of the club and is at another club, why on earth would all transfers go through him? He could sign anyone to **** the team up, and then become successful at Madrid, if your so called theory is correct.

You've contradicted yourself to prove that your little "open secret" is a load of nonsense.
You obviously don't understand. Let me put it simply for you. If they get a stop-gap manager in for one, maybe two years before Mourniho then they aren't going to risk spending millions on players if the man they *really* want can't or won't work with them

I don't really see Giggs as a manager, but he will almost certainly become a valuable coach. All this talk of experience is over the top imo. The only experienced coaches that are in with a shout are Mourinho, Moyes, Blanc and Quiroz, and all down to their relationship with Sir Alex. Fergie likes to keep everything 'in house' and always makes sure that every new signing understands the history of our great club. I think the likes of Neville and Solskjaer have a good chance of succeeding SAF, and Neville would make a phenominal manager imo. I'd like it to be someone who has spent a long time at the club, as SAF will still play a role at the club after retirement and will nurture the new manager

I don't really see Giggs as a manager, but he will almost certainly become a valuable coach. All this talk of experience is over the top imo. The only experienced coaches that are in with a shout are Mourinho, Moyes, Blanc and Quiroz, and all down to their relationship with Sir Alex. Fergie likes to keep everything 'in house' and always makes sure that every new signing understands the history of our great club. I think the likes of Neville and Solskjaer have a good chance of succeeding SAF, and Neville would make a phenominal manager imo. I'd like it to be someone who has spent a long time at the club, as SAF will still play a role at the club after retirement and will nurture the new manager
I agree but the job is one that is too big to have such small experience. The manager that they bring in will have to have won championships in at the very least one of the "big three" leagues.

The reason that a Guardiola/Barcelona wouldn't happen (or is very unlikely) is that on the continent the clubs are often set up differently, it is not uncommon for the president/owner/board to make the decisions about buying and selling players and the manager is there to deal with the tactics and all the on-field decisions. There is also what is known as a "Director of Football" job which is rare in English football. His job is to sort out the scouting and buy the best players for the team.

English managers are used to being the head honcho, the person who makes all the decisions from training and tactics to purchases, when they go abroad they are given some players and told to win games. Sometimes players leave and sometimes they come but their job is to get them working as a team and win. This is one of the reasons there have been very few English managers abroard, and only one I can think of that was even vaguely successful.

I agree but the job is one that is too big to have such small experience. The manager that they bring in will have to have won championships in at the very least one of the "big three" leagues.

The reason that a Guardiola/Barcelona wouldn't happen (or is very unlikely) is that on the continent the clubs are often set up differently, it is not uncommon for the president/owner/board to make the decisions about buying and selling players and the manager is there to deal with the tactics and all the on-field decisions. There is also what is known as a "Director of Football" job which is rare in English football. His job is to sort out the scouting and buy the best players for the team.

English managers are used to being the head honcho, the person who makes all the decisions from training and tactics to purchases, when they go abroad they are given some players and told to win games. Sometimes players leave and sometimes they come but their job is to get them working as a team and win. This is one of the reasons there have been very few English managers abroard, and only one I can think of that was even vaguely successful.

I am certain that Ferguson will still be heavily involved after he steps down, and will be in a position to guide an inexperienced manager through their first few years. Working so closely with SAF must have surely rubbed off on the likes of Neville and Solskjaer, and I'm sure they will have picked up on some of his man management skills. I can't see inexperience being a major problem, it just depends how much control Ferguson will get when he eventually steps down

If it's an ex player like Giggs/G-Nev/Solksjaer then Fergie may even adopt the Walter Smith-Ally McCoist approach.

I am certain that Ferguson will still be heavily involved after he steps down, and will be in a position to guide an inexperienced manager through their first few years. Working so closely with SAF must have surely rubbed off on the likes of Neville and Solskjaer, and I'm sure they will have picked up on some of his man management skills. I can't see inexperience being a major problem, it just depends how much control Ferguson will get when he eventually steps down
Personally, I'd love to see someone like that take control and you're right about SAF being in the background but where I see that Solskjær would appreciate it, Gary Neville wouldn't like it at all.

We're kind of missing out a generation here, what about Keane or Robson? Both have (failed) managerial experience and a special affinity with the club and supporters. I could certainly see Keane and manager and Ole as his assistant.

But anyway, the days of appointing from within are gone in the top clubs. Paisley - who won 3 European cups - was orininally Liverpool's physio!

Gary Neville will be United manager before him.
God I hope not, will flip the bird to all the other managers... he will spend more time up in the stands than in the dugout...

Giggsy will start off coaching at United and slowly but surely make his way up, he will stay there forever :) 6 yrs time (after Fergie has left us and after Jose has won the treble with us)

God I hope not, will flip the bird to all the other managers... he will spend more time up in the stands than in the dugout...

Giggsy will start off coaching at United and slowly but surely make his way up, he will stay there forever :) 6 yrs time (after Fergie has left us and after Jose has won the treble with us)

i would put his as assistant manager first, and after couple years he'd become manager :)

why has no one said pep guradiola yet... he even said he wants to work under ferguson, meaning ferguson will still play a part in the club, somewhat like Bobby Charlton... and therefore Pep will be working under Ferguson... Pep Guardiola is an indetical manager to Fergie... doesnt spend too much mone,y concentrates on youth development, only buys when he needs to and for as much as he thinks the player is valued at and he isn't too loud mouthed like Mourinho... im not saying Ferguson is an angel and keeps his mouth shut, but what he says and when he says it is right and makes sense... sometimes with Mourinho... its out of place and doesnt make sense... nevertheless, as a fan i would be happy with either of them replacing ferguson... i'd be happier however if ferguson proved to us all that he was immortal and continued to manage the club forever and ever, amen.

I am sure that you'll agree that Giggs is one of most loyal players in modern football today. During all these years it was hard to imagine Man Utd without him, also he made great relationship with Sir Alex. So it is logical question: "Is Giggs possible Ferguson's successor"? Share your view here...

1 word

no