Is it certain this year that there will be no super tactic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saddworth

Reaction score
For the last few years in football manager we have always had a tactic created where it would just blow every single team away and the opposition would just not be able to deal with it is that concept completely dead for this football manager?

Its dead, but there are still tactics that makes the most of the smaller flaws of the match engine and defends in a way so that the CPU cant take advantage of it

such as which tactic?

Just look at the most popular threads in the forum, those are the ones that makes overachieve the best. Mind you, you still need to have the correct squad for it, the correct menatklity of the players and have a good manager(you) that knows how to motivate the players.

yeah i get all this, but i'm just saying it's a shame no super tactics exist anymore because it was refreshing and fun to have instant success from time to time, especially like now when i just cannot get into this football manager

Last edited:
yeah i get all this, but i'm just saying it's a shame no super tactics exist anymore because it was refreshing and fun to have instant success from time to time, especially like now when i just cannot get into this football manager

well, everyone to their own. For me, its great because if one did not want to exploit the ME in FM12, one got rather restricted sonce there was soooo many settings/roles one had to avoid( like just having a quick poacher).

yeah i get all this, but i'm just saying it's a shame no super tactics exist anymore because it was refershing and fun to have instant success from time to time, especially like now when i just cannot get into this football manager
I am not gonna be the one to say "this is more realistic and is more fun" cause i totally agree with you. Super tactics are the best and it makes your playing time much more fun. I have for the last month been busting my *** of trying to make a super tactic but i have found nothing. I really hope that in the next FM they will make it little more unrealistic because it is way more fun that way. This is just my opinion :) The ME is just simply to hard to break.

And all i am saying is that it was refreshing just to hope on and have some fun from time to time?

I'm sure it is possible but it hasn't happened yet. There was only the one super tactic last year that won virtually every game even without the corner exploit. FM11 had 3 or 4 super tactics and FM10 had one or two from Mr Hough. I think the fact that you cannot use certain settings to make strikers dribble through everyone and score 90 goals a season anymore or score 40 a season from corners means that real super tactics won't happen in this FM version but there are tactics on the forum that allow average teams to over perform in a more realistic way but you wont win virtually every match in the premier league with Wigan like you could before and I think that is a very good thing. I like playing as underdogs and I like winning the league with unlikely teams, but i want to earn it, I don't want to win the league by 30 points with a **** team and put in no effort.

I am not gonna be the one to say "this is more realistic and is more fun" cause i totally agree with you. Super tactics are the best and it makes you playing time much more fun. I have for the last month busting my *** of trying make a super tactic but i have found nothing. I really hope that in the next FM they will make it little more unrealistic because it is way more fun that way. This is just my opinion :)
im glad you share my view gonzo

I'm sure it is possible but it hasn't happened yet. There was only the one super tactic last year that won virtually every game even without the corner exploit. FM11 had 3 or 4 super tactics and FM10 had one or two from Mr Hough. I think the fact that you cannot use certain settings to make strikers dribble through everyone and score 90 goals a season anymore or score 40 a season from corners means that real super tactics won't happen in this FM version but there are tactics on the forum that allow average teams to over perform in a more realistic way but you wont win virtually every match in the premier league with Wigan like you could before and I think that is a very good thing. I like playing as underdogs and I like winning the league with unlikely teams, but i want to earn it, I don't want to win the league by 30 points with a **** team and put in no effort.

well then use a different tactic to the super one and earn it?

well then use a different tactic to the super one and earn it?

Thanks for that advice but I already do, no need to get arsey! I like using tactics that make you over perform, I already said that, I just don't like it when a striker scores 100 goals just because he is quick, completely destroys any sort of realism.

Last edited:
Thanks for that advice but I already do, no need to get arsey!
not getting 'arsey' but i'm just saying if that's the way you want to play the game then do that? and to some of us a striker scoring 90 goals a season was just a fun experiance to have and it was nice to win the league with the favourites for relegation because it was different from stressing over the game and the game was what a game is meant to be and that's fun

I think instead of the "continue" button they should have a "win" button. As we all know, winning every match is super fun.

I think instead of the "continue" button they should have a "win" button. As we all know, winning every match is super fun.
it is to a certain extent, then you get bored and go back to a serious save. Your sarcasm is overwhelming.

it is to a certain extent, then you get bored and go back to a serious save. Your sarcasm is overwhelming.

You're asking SI to purposely make holes in the match engine, your stupidity is overwhelming.

not getting 'arsey' but i'm just saying if that's the way you want to play the game then do that? and to some of us a striker scoring 90 goals a season was just a fun experiance to have and it was nice to win the league with the favourites for relegation because it was different from stressing over the game and the game was what a game is meant to be and that's fun

And I never said there was anything wrong with that, I used the grid tactic in FM12 and pretty much only that tactic and yeah I enjoyed the game with it so I am not saying it's wrong, just saying that I enjoy this FM much more now they have fixed some of the exploits. I thought this was a thread about opinions on super tactics and if there will/wont be any.

You're asking SI to purposely make holes in the match engine, your stupidity is overwhelming.

where in this thread do i say please SI will you put holes in your match engine? i asked if it is certain there will be no super tactic therefore your stupidity is overwhelming.

Just play Bayern man, they're the closest to "I WIN" button I've found in FM in last couple of years.

Keep it civil please people. Enough with the insults before it gets out of hand. It's what causes threads to be locked

Status
Not open for further replies.