Is it just me or are there a SILLY amount of injuries in FM2013?

thorton

Reaction score
Finally gave in and bought FM13 not long ago, and I seem to be having ridiculously bad luck with injuries - almost every game I'll get 1-2 players with "knocks that can be ran off" who are almost always out for at least 12 days.

My team sheet regularly looks like this:

mbZ7b.png

It's reallllly starting to annoy me...

For every game I play, I seem to lose at least one player.

It's unfair, but 'these things happen in the real world' according to the powers-that-be at SI.

It seems that the options are:

1) Stick with playing the game and be frustrated
2) Don't bother playing the game, in which case you've wasted money on it.

It may seem unfair, but it could be any number of things causing it. Players with low fitness stats getting "stuck in", tackling poorly on a poor pitch in poor weather, poor tackling by opposition....any number of things. If a player has very good fitness stats and strength the injuries can be run off but if not they'll be out a while-depending on severity and players level of fitness-though if the medical team aren't the best that will affect the length of time out aswell.

I haven't noticed anything like this. Perhaps it's bad luck.

When you say "knocks that can be run off", do you mean the green injury square kind of injuries? Because keeping them on when that happens can often exacerbate the injury.

When you say "knocks that can be run off", do you mean the green injury square kind of injuries? Because keeping them on when that happens can often exacerbate the injury.

Only time I've suffered this is with poor physios and players with poor fitness levels. Not only in Blue Square and low level Scottish league but also Championship

For every game I play, I seem to lose at least one player.

It's unfair, but 'these things happen in the real world' according to the powers-that-be at SI.

It seems that the options are:

1) Stick with playing the game and be frustrated
2) Don't bother playing the game, in which case you've wasted money on it.

Well, they do. They could bury you in the number of soak tests and stats they actually have on this, rather than random anectodal evidence

OP, there hasnt actually been a change to injuries at all, but it could well be the changes in the ME ( more tackles pressing etc) as well as the vast number of factors ajt said.

having said that it its not a uniform thing, some people see it some don't. I would personally try and see if there is a pattern in where you pick up injuries.

Yes, keeping a green cross player on in a hard running game is asking for trouble. Although when the AI do it i go out of my way to direct attacks at them.

Only time I've suffered this is with poor physios and players with poor fitness levels. Not only in Blue Square and low level Scottish league but also Championship

I agree with this completely. Apart from when I am training my players extremely hard (Usually when I have created a new tactic and I want my team to adapt to it quicker) injuries aren't too bad with my Arsenal team.

But in my Bradford save I'd usually get 2 injuries a game. Lost in the league cup 5-4 in ET because I got 4 players injured, and had already used a sub so had to play with 9 men :/

I agree with this completely. Apart from when I am training my players extremely hard (Usually when I have created a new tactic and I want my team to adapt to it quicker) injuries aren't too bad with my Arsenal team.

But in my Bradford save I'd usually get 2 injuries a game. Lost in the league cup 5-4 in ET because I got 4 players injured, and had already used a sub so had to play with 9 men :/

Had a similar problem a while ago. But I didn't take into account what Mike mentioned which was keeping them on the field of play can make it worse-and it did. Now when it happens, I change things slightly straight away. I was relying too much on my gut and what I see on TV thinking they're tough enough to run it off, rather than a logical approach and I paid the price.

Yeah them knocks - I take them off immediately and they're still out for a while!

Well, they do. They could bury you in the number of soak tests and stats they actually have on this, rather than random anectodal evidence

OP, there hasnt actually been a change to injuries at all, but it could well be the changes in the ME ( more tackles pressing etc) as well as the vast number of factors ajt said.

having said that it its not a uniform thing, some people see it some don't. I would personally try and see if there is a pattern in where you pick up injuries.

It happens in matches from tackles, I'd say about 90% of my injuries are from tackles in-game, so it's definitely not even something to do with over-training, which I'm not doing anyway :|

I guess I'm just extremely unlucky

Yeah them knocks - I take them off immediately and they're still out for a while!

It happens in matches from tackles, I'd say about 90% of my injuries are from tackles in-game, so it's definitely not even something to do with over-training, which I'm not doing anyway :|

I guess I'm just extremely unlucky

Ah see yeah, ive always wondered about this, there are too many tackles in game, therefore many more opportunities for potential injuries to occur. Since the number of tackles is something being looked at, this may change for the better in your experience.

In terms of injuries happening in and out match, there is a slight bias towards in match. Not sure if that will be dealt with in the next patch, but I know its something they want to look at.

You could be training overload, make sure not to have you match training perimeters set to high. Make sure you're rotating your players and not always using the ''get stuck in'' shout which will have your players diving into challenges risking injury

Finally gave in and bought FM13 not long ago, and I seem to be having ridiculously bad luck with injuries - almost every game I'll get 1-2 players with "knocks that can be ran off" who are almost always out for at least 12 days.

My team sheet regularly looks like this:

mbZ7b.png

It's reallllly starting to annoy me...

My first save was like this, but i was managing Newcastle..so i thought it came with the territory!
It is harsh..but you cant really be surprised seeing that red box next to names like Richards and Rodwell..their rarely fit

Football Manager 2013 is a great game, but unfortunately has a lot of problems, and I'm sick of all these fan boys making excuses, like "it happens in real life" or my favorite "you're just a noob" at the game".

I got told to set my work-load to Light and 4-5 main players still got injured for an average if 3-4 weeks each, love the game, but the "little" problems it has really frustrates me.

Football Manager 2013 is a great game, but unfortunately has a lot of problems, and I'm sick of all these fan boys making excuses, like "it happens in real life" or my favorite "you're just a noob" at the game".

I got told to set my work-load to Light and 4-5 main players still got injured for an average if 3-4 weeks each, love the game, but the "little" problems it has really frustrates me.

Rather than call people fan boys (which we dont tolerate here) have a look at what people are saying.

You do realise its not even a universal issue? Some people have it some dont?

And it does happen, or have you not seen whats happened to United, Newcastle and Spurs among others this season?

I don't tend to get many big injuries, on average I'd say two players will pick up a knock over three games. Usually only for two to three days, nothing much more than a week.

That being said though I've seen teams that have got completely destroyed by injuries, Arsenal in my WBA save have five of their starting eleven out for at least four months.

Actually, I don't really think this FM is any different with injuries compared to the older ones. In FM 11 I had a Bayern save where I literally had over 60% of my first team injured at one point and was having to start 2 star prospects from the youth team. In FM 12 I had a save where Edinson Cavani literally got injured 7 separate times during one season, no exaggeration. After the 6th he started getting back into form, then got injured for 3-4 months while on international duty. Needless to say, I quit playing that save, sometimes it does seem like the game just hates you, but it is actually all random.

As far as 13, I haven't played nearly as much yet as I did 11 and 12 but in my Arsenal game I only have only had one significant injury so far this first season, Podolski out for 4 months. I'm being as careful as I can to rest players who have been playing alot and so forth(I sit them from matches but also rest them from training as well) So no, you really can't say 13 has more injuries than the other ones.

this is still happening at the start of the second season in my game lol.

this is a regular sight (it's not just me getting loads of injuries, i'd say my opposition gets an injury a game too) (also notice how i'm a sub short because of the amount of injuries i got :/)

r504j.png

something has definitely changed in the game to affect injuries, could be something to do with more tackles as mike said, could be something else - but there's definitely something!

this is still happening at the start of the second season in my game lol.

this is a regular sight (it's not just me getting loads of injuries, i'd say my opposition gets an injury a game too) (also notice how i'm a sub short because of the amount of injuries i got :/)

r504j.png

something has definitely changed in the game to affect injuries, could be something to do with more tackles as mike said, could be something else - but there's definitely something!

Have you played a long run of games under the new update? Would like to hear your thoughts on if it has changed anything?

Have you played a long run of games under the new update? Would like to hear your thoughts on if it has changed anything?

I haven't, just been on this save - I'm guessing the update doesn't affect saves from before the update? Gonna make a challenging game soon (always start with City for a laugh) so will update when I've played through another save for a little while. Hopefully it's changed.