Is it possible to Expand the MLS/A League ?

AM95

Reaction score
Hey lads

As the title says Is it possible to Expand the MLS/A League? Without having to create a new competetion and losing the salary caps.

Expanding the number of teams is easily possible, and shouldn't require a new competition to be made. You merely edit the number of teams in the competition. I can't remember if this is in the normal screen, or if it's in the nation rules subsection, but it's certainly doable.

You sure? As when i tried it was locked in at 19 teams in the MLS which is annoying

It certainly should be possible. I can edit the premier league to have 24 teams and not 20, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Probably can do it haha i'm just below average with the editor i guess lol , Where abouts in Aus are you btw?

You can do and put the salary cap back into the squad rules i have Hyundi League A-C, the MLS though you will loose the Draft though as far as i've seen so far...

I managed to have

MLS (20 x Teams) 3 relegated
MLS Div (20 x Teams) 3 up, 4 down
MLS Conference (East, West, South, North). 10 Teams, 1 up from each league.

Already started my league with this though or i'd have tried having 2 Div. 1's... so four conferences into 2 divisions ones feeding into the MLS single premier division, not sure how many up or down though, maybe the winners and playoffs into the MLS, so 4 relegated... and2 up from each Div one.

Last edited:
You can do and put the salary cap back into the squad rules i have Hyundi League A-C, the MLS though you will loose the Draft though as far as i've seen so far...

I managed to have

MLS (20 x Teams) 3 relegated
MLS Div (20 x Teams) 3 up, 4 down
MLS Conference (East, West, South, North). 10 Teams, 1 up from each league.

So how do i do this?

So how do i do this?

Nation rules - add lower leagues and divisions. You'll want the NASL and USLP teams to be added to the divisions, you can then mess about with the rules etc in the nation rules drop down.

I mean how do i add more sides to the league like 20 for eg , in my screenshot in the previous page it's blanked out? I know how to add lower leagues. Also what did you do to the a league? Created three league?

I mean how do i add more sides to the league like 20 for eg , in my screenshot in the previous page it's blanked out? I know how to add lower leagues. Also what did you do to the a league? Created three league?

Custom and Adanced rules, your best bet will be try one of the already created ones in the editors hideaway over in the SI Forum .

Custom and Adanced rules, your best bet will be try one of the already created ones in the editors hideaway over in the SI Forum .

Could you link me in the right direction mate?