Is it possible to sign Alex Feguson as your no. 2?

Reaction score
I was just curious whether anybody had actually managed to pull off this coup? I'm aware that's one can offer him a contract, but he always declines whenever I do.

Also, does anybody have any good recommendations for a top assistant manager. Incidentally I use Man United, and currently have Terry Phelan occupying that role. I play a 4-1-2-1-2 attacking style.

Do people find that having a good assistant manager makes a big difference? I won the Champion's League, F.A. Cup, and Premier League in my first season. Rooney scored 58 goals in 53 appearances, and Villa scored 51 in 61, not bad eh? I'll post screen shots.

no chance i guess
pako ayestaran is a good choice for assistant manager.

terry phelan?? mike phelan's brother or something??

assistants and coaches improve as the game goe son ive found. i dont know know about terry, but mike phelan improves to be a very capable number 2, in fact im in 2016 and ive just lost him as my assistant, hes just took the england job....

i signed hans backe for liverpool and e was international when i got him and he was world class the next season

franco baldini was my notts county *** manager i was ranked world clss manage with him by 2011

ive never even seen fergie take another management job on fm after i take over at united, let alone becoming an *** man

i enjoy ''thursday nighrs channel five'' lol. i assume its a jibe at the scousers in europa?

The only way you could get SAF as your assistant manager is by using the editor i'd say

I was just curious whether anybody had actually managed to pull off this coup? I'm aware that's one can offer him a contract, but he always declines whenever I do.

Also, does anybody have any good recommendations for a top assistant manager. Incidentally I use Man United, and currently have Terry Phelan occupying that role. I play a 4-1-2-1-2 attacking style.

Do people find that having a good assistant manager makes a big difference? I won the Champion's League, F.A. Cup, and Premier League in my first season. Rooney scored 58 goals in 53 appearances, and Villa scored 51 in 61, not bad eh? I'll post screen shots.

u can sign him just if u cheating, this is way how i bought guardiola as my ***.Manager in Barca

i saw him take the barca job once on fm09, when my mate was barca then quit 2 weeks in, cause he thought it would be to easy.

I once signed arsene wenger in FM08 as my number 2, but he'd been out of work for a long time and i only had him for 2 seasons before he retired

Pako Ayesteran all day long but the best assistants are the ones with high tactical knowledge. For giving advice on players then judging player ability is also handy to have and also squad discipline

On FM08 I saw him take the Inter job from Mourinho, he only spent a season there and finished 5th o_O

Other than that id say it would be impossible to sign him as a no.2 unless you use FMRTE or something similar

I always end up getting Valter di Salvo as my assistant manager, his stats are great and he only usually joins as a 1st team coach....so this way he can train my youngsters too!

I Hate '1st team coaches'...!!! grrrr! lazy gits!!

It's impossible. Try Tassotti he's the best i ever had