Is it time for the SPL split to be binned?

Time for an end to the SPL split?

• Yes

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Erm,what is it?

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
Oh right :S sounds like a great idea XD

Like others have said, i think scotland should have much bigger leagues

Personally, I think they should merge the scottish, Irish, Welsh and Northern Irish leagues, and make a British and Irish Super league. :) Excluding england though.

Biggest problem in Scotland with a bigger league is what happens if small teams qualify for Europe , as I am sure somewhere this is a rule for a certain attendance level like minimum 7000 or something cant remember.

Giving smaller teams a chance to get into Europe is a major reason for having and extended league!! Or are you just scared that the smaller teams will start to pose a threat to Celtic and Rangers???

A bigger league will mean smaller clubs will have more of a chance at improving by getting more revenue through their gates, getting into Europe etc. It's a GOOD thing. And what Scottish football needs.

think of the teams in 1st division that have decent stadia, Caley thistle, airdrie, dunfermline, dundee, partick, even livingston! They all have stadia that qualify for european compitition, and to be honest the more monet the wee teams get the better the standard of football will eventually be!

I know it is I never said it was not it ain't my rule m8 its a regulation for European football. I want smaller teams and I certainly don't think Celtic are better than everyone else. Everyone in Scotland wants another team apart from Celtic or Rangers to win the league

Last edited:
RANGERS! its sad to say we are the best of a really bad bunch, cause we are rank rotten! lol

Ayr, Morton and Clyde are up there too.

A bigger league would give teams a chance to do what Livi done in 2000/01 when we got into the Euro Cup by finishing third in our first season in the SPL - admittedly we didn't do very well but getting therewas all it took to max out Alomondvale's capacity.

i would scrap it if they change it to a 16-18 team league. i think the split is the best way of getting past fixture congestion. its just the SFA are useless with organising.so its not the split thats the problem its the way SFA handle it thats the problem

the SFA dont run the premier league, its the SPL

Yeah rangers are the best of the bunch right now , take this whatever way you want but I think in certain positions we have better technical players , although rangers are streetwise they know how to get the job done , and they work for each other in every department where as Celtic don't , individuals don't make teams 11 players on the day make a team including subs sometimes , tell that to Aiden Mcgreedy

Last edited:
Robbie Keane best player in the league by a long way!! Mcgeady? i just dont see it! honestly think that if celtic could keep pat mccourt fit, he'd be a better player than mcgeady!

Yeah, but then how do you decide who is unlucky enough to play the same team twice away and once at home??

Toss of the coin? That's how they used to decide who won cup finals if they drawed... lol

I think they should have 20 teams in the SPL. I don't know if there aren't enough professional teams in scotland or whatever but they need to have bigger leagues.

Nah, Celtic and Rangers get the most home games. As for the rest of the teams, it just depends who the SPL fancy at the time.

yeah I get that **** aswell Gza-ob1, I think some mods need to feel noticed. totally agree with you about the conspiracy theorys on the red cards and away games but sure **** it its been happening for the last 122 years hehe so they aint going to change.

P.S the split is a load of bollocks and they need to get rid

Similiar problems in Wales, mind you they are downsizing their league...

The split system sounds stupid... It kind of defeats the point of having a league. May as well make it a league-cup competition, with the split being organised into neutral venued round robin knockout. Whoever wins the top tier gets Europe, whoever wins bottom tier stays in, the rest get relegated. I don't care if it means HALF of division 1 gets promoted it'll be entertaining. >_>