Is it time for the SPL split to be binned?

Time for an end to the SPL split?

• Yes

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Erm,what is it?

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
im confused with this split its sounds to complecated

They only do it cos they have a ridiculous league with only 12 teams in. I think they should have 3 fixtures against each other full stop. None of this top half play eacher nonsense.

They only do it cos they have a ridiculous league with only 12 teams in. I think they should have 3 fixtures against each other full stop. None of this top half play eacher nonsense.

Yeah, but then how do you decide who is unlucky enough to play the same team twice away and once at home??

Bin it. Celtic lost last season due to it. Yeah, right, give us more away games than Rangers.

Dont u notice as well during the split more often than not we have rangers away its funny because Gordon Smith chief executive of scottish football is a rangers fan lmao do u remember bhougerras slide tackle into the keepers face his red card was turned around for the last game of the season that rangers won seems funny to me as celtics reds are never turned around and laffertys attempt to get a aberdeen player sent off with the headbutt incident its a joke we lost the league cause we are a bad team but a lot of it was due to decisions by referees in rangers favour

The Split is a piece of ****...

Teams in the lower half end up on more points than the bottom teams in the other half a lot of the time :S. And some teams miss out on European places after the split.

Dont u notice as well during the split more often than not we have rangers away its funny because Gordon Smith chief executive of scottish football is a rangers fan lmao do u remember bhougerras slide tackle into the keepers face his red card was turned around for the last game of the season that rangers won seems funny to me as celtics reds are never turned around and laffertys attempt to get a aberdeen player sent off with the headbutt incident its a joke we lost the league cause we are a bad team but a lot of it was due to decisions by referees in rangers favour
Please use a little punctuation,it will make your posts so much easier to read.

It is the most ridiculous concept ever thought up!!!

Must go, its a waste of time

split should definately get binned! but to be honest scottish football needs a total revamp! scotland is simply too small a country for 4 leagues, i think they should go with a 18 team SPL then 2 divisions of 10, also the team that finishes bottom of the lowest division should play a playoff with the team that wins the junior superleague (equivalent of blue square prem), as for Rangers having to play 3 away games in a row, yes it should never happen, but its only fair that we play the same amount of away games as home games.

Punctuate posts seems all people do to my posts is complain about commas or whatever else I can read it perfectly I don't understand how its hard to read the words are there on a screen you look at them you read it.

Because punctuation splits up your post and makes it a **** of a lot easier to read and understand. Talking in a non-stop monologue just makes it tediously hard work reading.

Personal Preference if you ask me , I don't find it hard to read at all .For other people ill start to use punctuation , just so people stop complaining about it all the time.

maybe if you had attended school, you may have learnt how to use punctuation! :D

Its not your site, so you should stick to the sites rules! Punctuation makes everything a lot easier to read. Its not personal preference, its just good english, and good sense.

Iv just read that long post you made that JP picked up on, without any punctuation, my brain ran out of breath when reading it XD

Cool so next time start your post with a capital letter. I did go to school now I am 25 I left school at 16 cause it was ****. No one said it was my site i cant remember reading in the rules its an offence not to punctuate

lol i will agree with you there, school was s**t!

Thanks for punctuating ;)

back on topic...

where did the whole idea of the split league come from?

It was introduced, when the SPL extended to 12 teams, to avoid a 44 game league calendar, and apparently to make the league more exciting, as top teams play top for euro places, bottom team fighting to avoid relegation, etc.

Because of the number teams. The teams play each other 3 times to make it 33 games, and if they played each other again that would make it 44 games, which would be too much. So the split brings the total games played up to 38.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

It was introduced, when the SPL extended to 12 teams, to avoid a 44 game league calendar, and apparently to make the league more exciting, as top teams play top for euro places, bottom team fighting to avoid relegation, etc.

Beat me to it... :mad:

From some idiot in a office somewhere I think then proposed it to the SFA. The split is just to make up more games and try to make the league a little more competitive by making Rangers , Celtic , play teams in the top 6 again. I really don't know why it benefits the league it's probably time to get a 20 team league. I know its off topic but for anyone who seen the Celtic game last night do you think the crowd attendance was disgusting in any way or do you think its deserved.

Last edited: