rammie2011

Reaction score
Hey guys, i been extremely disgruntled since the transfer update, i like being liverpool, but i just cant now, they start of with a 11m balance and 0m transfer fund, you cant buy anyone, selling players, u can ship a couple out but only have 60% transfer revenue coming back... by the end of the season your 70m odd in debt, which gets wiped out by sponsors and tv revenue, but your still at square one, as your still just broken even, and are left with just 30% transfer revenue, therefore still cant sign anybody... this is proving mission impossible... anyone got any ideas? as even after first season you get rid of lucas, johnson, reina etc, you will probably only be left with like 10m to spend... was thinking about just starting with 100m balance and 30m transfer fund through editor, but dont want to cheat... any ideas would be appreciated

Uhm... I am now in February with them and I lead in the prem with all wins one loss one tie, I just bought Ezequiel Cirigliano in installments and don't think I sold anyone too, just loans. It's far from impossible...

You have to be clever! Buy players on free agent, loan them out for a year, then sell! Do the same with regens, but buy them at a low price and 2/3 years later sell them on for large profits ( This is more long term than the first one, but more rewarding)... Also, aim to get feeder club for merchandise and sign players from countries like Japan and USA for extra revenue... The main one though is to be as successful as you can be, this will gain you money from the competition, but also will make you more popular, meaning more money through sponsors, Hope this helped

Thanks for replies guys, but i think this is all longterm ideas, short-term your busted and dont get to sign anyone at all! like what can u do in july 2013, if u have a balance 0m? having gone a whole year without signing anyone? i can deal with all of it, the only thing that annoys me is when your in minus funds, your transfer revenue u can spend in greatly reduced

It improves after the first season as you receive the TV rights and the sponsorship deals ;)!

The balance is the most annoying thing, having only 11m then being debt ridden all year, then having debts wiped out but back to square one

It improves after the first season as you receive the TV rights and the sponsorship deals ;)!

same as what i thought, but when your 70m in debt after first season, then sponsors and tv rights only clear the debt, and your still left with 30% of generated sales available

Things improve over time! Don't spend too much and look out for contracts ending ;)
same as what i thought, but when your 70m in debt after first season, then sponsors and tv rights only clear the debt, and your still left with 30% of generated sales available

As a Liverpool fan I always go as them so I know how much they lose each month especially in the 1 st few years.I've not went as them in the new patch so will give it ago.it doesnt sound to easy financially and won't be easy for a champs league spot.did u sell any players?

Lovely, very detailed response, great advice mate, makes me feel alot better, thanks.

what do you want, if you follow football deeply that is what happens.....

clubs get into debt, they can't maneuver on the market, and get stuck in a rut until they can carefully work their way out of it.

which is what everyone here has told you to do

this is football manager....

and i'll say again...

thats football.

As a Liverpool fan I always go as them so I know how much they lose each month especially in the 1 st few years.I've not went as them in the new patch so will give it ago.it doesnt sound to easy financially and won't be easy for a champs league spot.did u sell any players?

Prior to the patch, you could sell many players for big money, reina, johnson etc, but on new patch you cant. i didnt sell anybody as it was pointless, would still end up massively in debt at the end of the season, so annoying.

what do you want, if you follow football deeply that is what happens.....

clubs get into debt, they can't maneuver on the market, and get stuck in a rut until they can carefully work their way out of it.

which is what everyone here has told you to do

this is football manager....

and i'll say again...

thats football.

Right, fair enough, but are liverpool in a rut financially irl? are they unable to manoeuvre in the transfer market? no is the answer to both, will thye probably splash another 30-40m in the summer? yes they will, hence the "football manager" version of liverpool being unrealistic, and seem impossible... which is the reason of this thread.... to get help tips and advice

Its not impossible but very hard,

for the life of me i cannot understand how SI have made Liverpool so poor..

In a new financial list released, LFC were still the 8th best financial team in the world, and the only team in the top 10 who dont play Champions League football

Add the fact we usually spend the 4/5th most, most season and our new kit sponsorship is one of the biggest ever... Im really surprised with SI new financial ratings :/

In a new financial list released, LFC were still the 8th best financial team in the world, and the only team in the top 10 who dont play Champions League football

Add the fact we usually spend the 4/5th most, most season and our new kit sponsorship is one of the biggest ever... Im really surprised with SI new financial ratings :/

Hello marshall, thanks for replying to my thread, yeah my views are the same as yours like ive said on your thread, very very bizarre, and tbh very annoying. What ive just done is, get your figures from your update, balances, budgets, etc and copy them into the database, as they are far more realistic, ive done that for all the 20 prem teams, so my database is the new one, but with your version of all the budgets and balances.

Some very good points, I advise you give them to the Liverpool researcher at SI, for all of us.

does anybody Know any good right wingers to buy because I play dirk kuyt up front he scores around 2 goals every match and sterlings injured, I don't like rodriguez. I have hardly any money (about 3m) who can I buy ,preferably under 21

Seems strange that since the update LFC has been valued at 1.09bn more than chelsea and city yet you get little money

Si have well an truly dropped a huge clanger, and ive come to the conclusion it is impossible to manage liverpool now, unless you dont want to sign any players.