Is my 360 Fcuked?

haha havent you got anythin better to do at a music fest than come on fm base!

when i posted last night i was on my way home and the other time nobody decent was on

right well i got my xbox back yesterday with a free months xbox live :D

so if anyone wants to game let me know

dont tell gregor about the free xbox live he will try scrounging it off you!

already used it as mine expired yesterday :D

right well i got my xbox back yesterday with a free months xbox live :D

so if anyone wants to game let me know

I'll give you a game Kris. Got CoD, PES, GTA and Halo if u wanna game tonight.

busy tonight but free tomorrow if u wanna halo,cod or pes

My 360 died on me a few weeks ago and I've only just found the time to ring up and get UPS to pick it up and send my xbox on its way to Frankfurt. How long did it take for Micro$oft to send your console back Kris?

Didn't even get RRoD, got 1 flashing red light and a broken disc tray. £57 to fix the ****** thing as well. Oh well, I've had the last laugh, I wrapped the 360 up in bubble wrap, put some scrunched newspaper around and placed it nice and snug into my old PS2 console box.

Hopefully this will remind them of what a reliable console looks like.

....placed it nice and snug into my old PS2 console box.

Hopefully this will remind them of what a reliable console looks like.

Haha I like...although to be fair most PS2's lasers died after about 3/4 years. Still much longer than most 360's seem to be lasting. I've had mine almost 2 years now, I hope it lasts longer :)

I think when mine runs out of warranty etc.. etc.. I might just flash mine so I can just DL games instead rather than paying £40 for new games all the time.

Mine would of been 3 years old in December so it had a good run for such an unreliable console. My friend did have a launch console and it didn't get the RRoD untill two weeks ago so some of them can actually do a job.

I'm not sure if flashing it is a good idea, as soon as MS release updates or checks and find your dodgy firmware your console will be banned from XBL and no PES 2009 online for Seanyboy.

Better off Red ringing the console yourself nearer the time the warranty expires.

Yeh I suppose you're right. But then again they have been threatening to detect flashed consoles since the 360 launched and they havn't yet so you never know :D

Will prob still be worth the money even if I bought a new console just to play live on as I would be saving a fortune on games!

They actually did detect a **** load of flashed consoles around a year ago and banned thousands of users. Some people even experienced broken consoles because of this and attempted to sue MS for bricking their consoles. I never did follow up to find out if the users were succesfull. I highly doubt they were but you never know.

And you're right, if you can afford it then a second console for XBL and flash the other it would be worth it in the long run for single player games. Only disadvantage you would have is not being able to use downloadable content.

You used to be able to switch hard drives and play the DLC on a second Xbox while offline but since the changes you have to be connected to XBL to use DLC on a HDD that is from a different Xbox. Stops people swapping arcade games and such.

Last edited:
Yeh well £200 for a new console is like the same as 5/6 games nowadays so it's not that bad really. I don't use any DLC either so that part wouldn't bother me. Probably won't do it in the end but it's always going to be an option :D

Are you sure they can detect it? Are you sure its not just idiots getting the game early becuase theyve downloading to its obvious when they go on XBL

As soon as there is a new firmware update from Microsoft the previous illegitimate firmware could be detected. Some people get away with it, some don't. If it's a risk you're willing to take, flash away.

Edit* Just read that it is possible to update your firmware to the next available one each time MS release firmware updates, still risky and waiting for/finding the new firmware could be a pain.

Last edited:
Nooooooo mine is showing the screen of death...

system_error_e74-full.jpg

Going to have to phone Microsoft up ;(

hehe, when? why? does it show that

OOoh nasty. That's exactly what was wrong with mine too. Seems there is less RRoD's and more E 74 errors popping up. It's usualy a scaler chip problem Sean and it's £60 for a fix out of warranty or £57 if you order a repair online.

My Xbox has been shipped back to me, I got the email on Friday so I'm guessing it will arrive any day now.